All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
To all those of us SNOWED IN.. a little fun survey..
      #245755 - 02/12/06 10:35 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

If you're bored (or avoiding school work like me) on this lovely snow day.. fill this in and get to know your IBS friends..

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? I need my alarm, otherwise i'll never get up . On weekdays I get up at 7:03 for internship. On the weekends minus the alarm I wake up around 9:30ish.

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Ben Roethlisberger bc I want to date a Steeler!

3. Gold or silver? silver.. but even better.. platinum

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Walk the line on friday night. It was amazing!

5. What is your favorite TV show? Too many.. Survivor and the Bachelor top the list.

6. What do you have for breakfast? Usually dry cereal with no milk. I have an aversion to milk (thank you ibs).

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? nope. not that talented.

9. What inspires you? My mom and my dad

10. What is your middle name? Nicole

11. Beach, city, or country? oh most definitly the beach. Not that I actually like swimming in the ocean. I'm not a fan of sea creatures unless their cooked and on my plate.

12. Favorite ice cream? well ice cream is a no no.. but I used to love Friendlys cookies and cream.

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Kettle Corn

14. Favorite color? Purple and Yellow

15. Favorite car? Jeep Grand Cherokee (but think circa 1998).. yup.. I'm easy to please.

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Turkey and lots of mustard! yum.

17. What characteristic do you despise? suck ups/brown nosers

18. Favorite flower? tulips and daffodils

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I'm not that lucky

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? both.. I have an addiction to seltzer (switched to try to quit my coca cola habit)

21. What color is your bathroom? oh a lovely puke mustard yellow, but I made it pretty with sage green and light blue. Sounds gross.. looks beautiful (without having to remove the puke yellow tiles everywhere.. i'm on a budget)

23. Where would you retire to? the beach or an island

24. Can you juggle? in like the fourth grade with scarfs.

25. Favorite day of the week? Saturday

26. Red or white wine? I don't discriminate

27. What did you do for your last birthday? Virginia Beach with my family! Very fun birthday!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow this took a long time!! Thanks Ash!! :) new
      #245764 - 02/12/06 10:46 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? I need my alarm, otherwise i'll never get up . On weekdays I get up at 7:03 for internship. On the weekends minus the alarm I wake up around 9:30ish. 9:30am

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Ben Roethlisberger bc I want to date a Steeler! Dead or alive? I'd like to eat and drink with Bacchus, or maybe Dickens

3. Gold or silver? silver.. but even better.. platinum Chunky silver

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Walk the line on friday night. It was amazing! Brokeback with mom

5. What is your favorite TV show? Too many.. Survivor and the Bachelor top the list. Transgeneration or maybe CBS Sunday Morning

6. What do you have for breakfast? Usually dry cereal with no milk. I have an aversion to milk (thank you ibs). Nothing usually except decaf coffee. Had choc cake yday tho. :)

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? nope. not that talented. Nooooo

9. What inspires you? My mom and my dad Good days

10. What is your middle name? Nicole Too horrible for publication (ugh)

11. Beach, city, or country? oh most definitly the beach. Not that I actually like swimming in the ocean. I'm not a fan of sea creatures unless their cooked and on my plate. Beach, baybee!

12. Favorite ice cream? well ice cream is a no no.. but I used to love Friendlys cookies and cream. Caramel turtle fudge at Swensons, back in the day

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Kettle Corn Hate popcorn.

14. Favorite color? Purple and Yellow Grey

15. Favorite car? Jeep Grand Cherokee (but think circa 1998).. yup.. I'm easy to please. My favorite car is a motorcycle (Indian).

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Turkey and lots of mustard! yum. Peanut butter, but it's death on my stomach!

17. What characteristic do you despise? suck ups/brown nosers Liars

18. Favorite flower? tulips and daffodils Definitely tulips!

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I'm not that lucky Given the opportunity, I wouldn't. Just shower them with anonymous gifts.

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? both.. I have an addiction to seltzer (switched to try to quit my coca cola habit) I hate water!! But having to choose, I'd say hot still water.

21. What color is your bathroom? oh a lovely puke mustard yellow, but I made it pretty with sage green and light blue. Sounds gross.. looks beautiful (without having to remove the puke yellow tiles everywhere.. i'm on a budget) Off white and brick red

23. Where would you retire to? the beach or an island Capetown

24. Can you juggle? in like the fourth grade with scarfs. Yep! I can do balls, bats and knives!

25. Favorite day of the week? Saturday Def Saturday too!

26. Red or white wine? I don't discriminate Red, but it's gotta be French. I don't do California or Italian.

27. What did you do for your last birthday? Virginia Beach with my family! Very fun birthday! I'd just gotten out of the hospital so I was in bed.

I love surveys! Yay! (ps-you DID get snowed in, eh?) new
      #245770 - 02/12/06 11:03 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? I need my alarm, otherwise i'll never get up .Right now i get woken by my alarm at various times depending on the school, or phoned as early as 5:50 AM or late as 10 AM with the SubFinder system.

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? I think it'd have to be Jesus. Oh the questions i'd have.

3. Gold or silver? used to be 100% silver, but I've grown very attached to my gold wedding rings.

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don't remember! How sad. it was about a month and a half ago.

5. What is your favorite TV show? Dr Phil(hey Spicey, LOL) and Amazing race. all others I could care less.

6. What do you have for breakfast? A smoothie with soy milk, or cereal and soy milk. occ. PB toast.

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? no.

9. What inspires you? People who know what their dream is, face adversity and NEVER give up. And attain it.

10. What is your middle name? Louise

11. Beach, city, or country? BEACH! i have not had enough beach time in my life. i feel like this weird psychic connection to the ocean.

12. Favorite ice cream? When i feel super brave, Pralines and Cream, or plain old vanilla-esp. Haagen Dazs.

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Butter

14. Favorite color? Blue, LOL. esp. turquoise.

15. Favorite car? My red 2005 Ford Escape!Or anything mercedes too.

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Seafood, or black forest turkey.
17. What characteristic do you despise? Phony people, arrogance, people who hate themselves but refuse to admit it so they make the rest of the world suffer.

18. Favorite flower? Gerbera daisy, sunflower, and calla lily. Oh, also tiger lily!

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I have no idea, probably right away, then i'd move away immediately, lol.

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? ew, still. I can manage seltzer, but only when I'm super thirsty and have had my 2 teas for the day.

21. What color is your bathroom? white. And blue. I rent. boring!

23. Where would you retire to? Dh and I ahve talked about Arizona, or I love kelowna BC. I'm a big fan of canada, but would love tor etire near a beach.

24. Can you juggle? can't even FAKE that I can.

25. Favorite day of the week? Trevor's day off.

26. Red or white wine? red, but white is easier on the tummy and I don't break out in hives and ashma attacks.

27. What did you do for your last birthday? I ahve no idea, lol. Dinner I think, then drinks with DH.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: To all those of us SNOWED IN.. a little fun survey.. new
      #245782 - 02/12/06 12:07 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I avoiding some contract work. Does that count?

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? My body hates me. If I don't have to go to work, it likes to wake me at about 6:30 AM. If I do have to go to work, it would like to sleep until 8 or 9 AM. This, despite the fact that I am in bed no later than 10:30 most nights.

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? I don't know. Probably a good journalist of some ilk.

3. Gold or silver? Silver, but I've noticed I actually wear more gold nowadays.

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Munich

5. What is your favorite TV show? Law & Order SVU

6. What do you have for breakfast? Oatmeal made with 1 c. lite 8th Continent with a half cup of pears or peaches stirred in.

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? No.

9. What inspires you? History & family & friends.

10. What is your middle name? Janna

11. Beach, city, or country? Country with a city nearby.

12. Favorite ice cream? I pretty much liked it all when I could still have it.

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? All of the above

14. Favorite color? Burgundy, green, and black

15. Favorite car? Don't have a favorite, but currently, I drive a '97 Sunfire that gets me where I need to go.

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Turkey & ham

17. What characteristic do you despise? Bigotry, intolerance and a refusal to even try to see the other side of the issue. Oh, and people who think conversation is simply a series of one-upmanship.

18. Favorite flower? Tulips and roses.

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I don't know. Probably until I'd decided what I was going to do with it.

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? both. Still water, usually at room temp. I was like that even before IBS.

21. What color is your bathroom? Pink tile on 3 walls, tan on the fourth, pink and white wallpaper that didn't still too well & pink tile. We are pretty sure the last owner let poorly trained monkeys do the plumbing for the entire house and the bathroom remodel.

23. Where would you retire to? I'd go back to Michigan. No matter how long I live anywhere else, I will always be from Michigan.

24. Can you juggle? HA! Are you kidding? Sometimes I think I'm lucky enough to have the coordination just to walk!

25. Favorite day of the week? Any day I don't have to go to work.

26. Red or white wine? Yes.

27. What did you do for your last birthday? That was last night! My husband & I went to a Japanese steak house. It was a lot of fun. We'd like to go back sometime with a crowd of friends.

Snowed in, and taking a break from schoolwork new
      #245783 - 02/12/06 12:17 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

The cold + precipitation is wrecking havoc on my fibro today...it is not pretty and I have a ton of schoolwork to do....so taking frequent breaks, like this!

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? around 8:30-9AM without the alarm, except last night where is was 4AM and I had a horrible time getting back to sleep...it was weird

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Going for a dead one...Da Vinci

3. Gold or silver? definitely silver

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Producers with Mac

5. What is your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy, CSI, and Numb3rs are the only ones I make time to watch at the moment

6. What do you have for breakfast? Unsweetened applesauce with Acacia and cinnamon, heated in the microwave, and an English muffin with Turkish honey or fruit puree

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? yes

9. What inspires you? Gotta go with Nel on this one, good days

10. What is your middle name? Ann

11. Beach, city, or country? city to live, country for vacation

12. Favorite ice cream? used to be mint chocolate chip, now Heather's Chocolate silk pudding frozen

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? None of the above

14. Favorite color? green, blue, silver

15. Favorite car? Someday I want a VW Bug, or a Mini Cooper, but first have to work on getting a driver's license

16. Favorite sandwich filling? mustard, grilled portabella, cooked spinach

17. What characteristic do you despise? two-faced-ness

18. Favorite flower? tiger lillies (I despise white lillies) and roses

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I wouldn't, except Mac

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? still water

21. What color is your bathroom? kinda gross yellow, but it's a college apartment, so don't expect much

23. Where would you retire to? Hmmmm, someplace warm, but not hot

24. Can you juggle? Does my schedule count?

25. Favorite day of the week? Friday

26. Red or white wine? I don't drink

27. What did you do for your last birthday? took a midterm, went to class, went to King of Prussia mall with my two best friends, and wrote a paper (which the prof didn't show up the next morning for the class it was due!)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#245789 - 02/12/06 12:58 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? 8ish

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? ATM-Kelly Rippa

3. Gold or silver? Although my wedding ring and bands are gold, I'm liking silver better as I age

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Can't remember. Very pathetic I know!

5. What is your favorite TV show? Right now, Desperate HW

6. What do you have for breakfast? Blueberry Bagel

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Nope

9. What inspires you? Praying to the saints(catholic thing)

10. What is your middle name? Ann

11. Beach, city, or country? Definitly the BEACH!

12. Favorite ice cream? Can't have it But it used to be Mint Chocolate Chip.......

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Popcorn..NO,NO!

14. Favorite color? Black/Pink

15. Favorite car? A black Audi A4

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Turkey,mayo, pickles

17. What characteristic do you despise? Sorry but..smokers!

18. Favorite flower? Peony

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? My family I'd tell right away.

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? Still water

21. What color is your bathroom? Americana(I just happen to have a pic(don't ask me why?!?) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/LittleLisa37/bthroom.jpg

23. Where would you retire to? Hawaii would be nice!

24. Can you juggle? If you are talking job/kids....YES!

25. Favorite day of the week? Friday

26. Red or white wine? Don't drink wine

27. What did you do for your last birthday? Probably watched fireworks since it's on July 3!

Great fun Ash! Thanks for keeping me busy!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! new
      #245795 - 02/12/06 01:15 PM
_Willow

You sneaky fox, you!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Little lisa... new
      #245796 - 02/12/06 01:27 PM
_Willow

just ahve to comment.
Cute cute bathroom. Love it!

And yes, I HATE HATE HATE smokers,not necc. the people but the personality of I smoke, i help put you in the hospital, I pollute the air, and I don't care.(My mom, dad, FIL and sister are all smokers. I love them but the habit and attitude SUCKS.)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Snorkie!!! -nt- new
      #245800 - 02/12/06 01:40 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Thanks Shannon new
      #245812 - 02/12/06 03:04 PM
LittleLisa

Believe it or not the whole bathroom was based on one object that I had gotten from some demonstration. I liked the country blue in it and went from there! It's something that I think I will never get tired of (which I tend to do)

Yes, my mom, dad and sister all smoke too. I'm so glad I didn't pick up the nasty habit. I know it's very hard to quit and people do try but it's just a gross habit that yes, does affect other people!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Thanks ladies!-nt- new
      #245816 - 02/12/06 03:32 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

LOL Snorkie! new
      #245820 - 02/12/06 03:54 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

"Red or white wine? yes"

LMBO! Good one!

~nelly~

I'll play... new
      #245824 - 02/12/06 04:41 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? 11 am

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Famous people suck!

3. Gold or silver? silver.. Platinum

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Red Eye

5. What is your favorite TV show? Too many.. Miami Ink and Desperate Housewives

6. What do you have for breakfast? Vanilla Swirl toast

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? nope

9. What inspires you? Lots of things

10. What is your middle name? Julie

11. Beach, city, or country? BEACH!

12. Favorite ice cream? Tiramisu gelato!!!

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Plain

14. Favorite color? Purple red and brown

15. Favorite car? Audi TT

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Anything with tofu

17. What characteristic do you despise? mean people

18. Favorite flower? Orchids

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? A week

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? both.. Ginger Ale

21. What color is your bathroom? White walls, wild flower shower curtain with purple and burgandy

23. Where would you retire to? Hawaii

24. Can you juggle? No

25. Favorite day of the week? Saturday

26. Red or white wine? Red

27. What did you do for your last birthday?

Re: Tina new
      #245832 - 02/12/06 05:41 PM
LittleLisa

What is Vanilla Swirl Toast? Sounds good.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#245839 - 02/12/06 06:41 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

If you're bored (or avoiding school work like me) on this lovely snow day.. fill this in and get to know your IBS friends..

1. What time do you get up with no alarm? 9ish

2. If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be? Peggy Noonan

3. Gold or silver? Gold, lots of it.

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Match Point.

5. What is your favorite TV show? Law and Order

6. What do you have for breakfast? Lately, a protein shake or egg whites.

7. Can you touch your nose with your tongue? Yes. Not so much a long tongue as a big nose.

9. What inspires you? Success.

10. What is your middle name? Beth

11. Beach, city, or country? City, baby!

12. Favorite ice cream? Chubby Hubby.

13. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? plain, a little tobasco and worchestershire

14. Favorite color? I haven't had a favorite color since 3rd grade. I didn't know I was supposed to have one.

15. Favorite car? Big yellow taxi, thank you very much.

16. Favorite sandwich filling? Roast beef (back pre-ibs)

17. What characteristic do you despise? insincerity.

18. Favorite flower? dark red roses (I'm old fashioned).

19. If you had a big win in the lottery, how long would you wait to tell people? I'd tell immediately. I am awful at keeping my own secrets.

20. Fizzy or still water as a drink? still

21. What color is your bathroom? white / tan (I can't change it) but all dressed up with pretty pink flowers everywhere.

23. Where would you retire to? Brooklyn?

24. Can you juggle? I'm excellent. Watch out if you're ever out at a bar with me and I get drunk and get a hold of pool balls. Helmets required!

25. Favorite day of the week? Sunday

26. Red or white wine? Yes, thanks.

27. What did you do for your last birthday? Karaoke -- my bday fell on a Thursday, no need to change my usual plans! This year is going to be a huge party, as I will turn 25 the day I finish the bar exam!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Tina new
      #245903 - 02/13/06 08:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It is Pepperidge Farm bread. I am addicted, they also have cinnamon swirl.

Here: http://www.pepperidgefarm.com/fresh_bread_breakfast.asp

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 324 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review