All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Help me stay sane here! Frazzled Mom!!!!!!!!
      #245316 - 02/09/06 03:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

OK. I've been dealing with sick kids since Saturday. Not just ill, but throw up. As someone with OCD, this is one of the most difficult things I face. I am terrorized it, and I've been having panic attacks all week. Yes, I'm taking good care of my babies, but I'm not taking care of myself. I've been running from one sick kid to the other (BTW - they are sick with DIFFERENT things) - get me this, I want that, cuddle me, I want a blanket, I want a drink. I asked them what they wanted for supper, made it, puti on the table only for them say they didn't want it and wanted something else. So now I've made 4 suppers (2 for each kid) and a burnt one for myself. I ate lunch at 2 today, and the last 2 days, I didn't even EAT supper. !!!!and now I have to get off the computer because my belching daughter is climbinb up and I"m afraid she'll throw up on it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hugs, Alicia! new
      #245318 - 02/09/06 03:10 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Do the children have a nap time where you could steal a few moments for yourself? Could you put them in the same bed so you don't have to run around so much? I don't have any children of my own, so I'm sorry I don't have any better ideas.

I hope your babies get better soon and you get a break! *hugs*

#245319 - 02/09/06 03:15 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thanks. They napped at different times today, so I didn't get a minute's rest. I haven't had any time to myself since last Friday.

--------------------

#245323 - 02/09/06 03:29 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahhh, Alicia, that is the worst, when they are all sick. Bless your heart! Do you have anyone who could help you? Maybe your husband could take tomorrow off from work and give you a break.

I hope they all get well soon! ((((big hugs))))

Re: Help me stay sane here! Frazzled Mom!!!!!!!! new
      #245333 - 02/09/06 04:07 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Alicia,

Hugs and sympathy. I have kids and OCD too. I remember when my son was 3 and out of the blue, he just barfed all over the couch and the remote control. Talk about freak out. I don't think I watched TV for months after that. Then there was the time that he threw up all over the back of my car on the way home from Graqndma's. I didn't have the luxury of not using my car after that, but if I could have afforded it, I probably would have gone out and bought a new car! That was years ago and luckily they do get better at finding their way to the bathroom on their own as they get older, but it is so hard to deal with vomitting young ones. You are doing a good job and you haven't gotten sick right? Hang in there Alicia. Being a Mom is such a hard job and we just don't get the credit that we deserve sometimes.

Laura

You have my sympathy..... new
      #245337 - 02/09/06 04:17 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I surely do understand what you are going through. It's been awhile because my kids are grown but I remember those very tiring days & nights taking care of sick kids.

On one of my little grandaughter's visits, she was about 9 months at the time, she was sick with a bad cold. She woke up in the middle of the night screaming her head off so we had to give her some meds in a dropper (boy, she didn't like that) and then we had to use the syringe to suck stuff outta her nose (she really didn't like that). It took three of us to do the job all the while she was screaming. WHEW! I'm getting too old for this.

Hang in there and hopefully things will get back to normal very soon and you can have a wonderful, well deserved night's sleep.

I'm sending you <<<<HUGS>>>>>

Barbie

--------------------

Hugs hugs hugs more hugs and a vodka tonic for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #245353 - 02/09/06 05:16 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Every time my husband goes out of town my kids get the throw up sickness. They never get it any other time. A clingy, whiney, throwing up kid who you can't even put to SLEEP at night because they throw upu in their BEDS poor things so you have to stay up with them ALL NIGHT and cover everything in TOWELS to be prepared for it... oh hon, I soooooooooooooo feel for you and OCD or not that drives me to my absolute limit of sanity.

As soon as you POSSIBLY can you need to get AWAY for a few long hours... ANYWHERE!!! Sit in a bookstore alone with a cup of coffee and just read something, anyting, anywhere - you need it and deserve it. Big hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and prayers that the germs leave your house for GOOD!)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#245360 - 02/09/06 06:07 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hugs Alicia!! I can only imagine how tough this has been on you! Can you ask hubby to stay with the kids for a couple of hours and maybe go for a drive, to the library, heck even the grocery store. YOu need a little peace for yourself to gain back your sanity! Let me tell you I have been in Toddler Hell since Noah turned 2. He is so whiny and demanding and crys at the drop of a dime over the most amazing things. I swear his mood swings remind me of my worst PMS days!! I love him dearly but I am dreading this next weekend when his daddy goes on a 3 day ice fishing trip. My hubby is pretty good about trading off when things are crazy so I'll be missing that when he is gone.

I wish we lived close I would come pick you up and we could hang out!!

by the way, you are AMAZING - you are such a wonderful Mommy dealing with so much, hang in there!!!! new
      #245364 - 02/09/06 06:16 PM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

#245407 - 02/10/06 07:02 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hugs sweetie!!! I haven't a clue on what to offer for advice but I offer my sympathy, it all sounds rather trying to say the least! Is there a neighbor or a friend who could come over and at least help out for a couple of hours to give you a much needed break? Hang in there, the kids will get better and things will calm down. Love and hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

i'm sure they are sick, but no reason for them to run all over you... new
      #245430 - 02/10/06 08:59 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

thats not fair to have your children change their minds...though kids do that..when my daughter is sick, she wants one thing...noodle soup...i think i sorta conditioned her to have that as a comfort food when she's sick, but thats what she always wants!! i make is special for her, get the cambell's stars or dora, whatever, get her toast and apple juice or whole food's key lime soda (which is not bad bad soda) and pamper her a little!

she gets to lay on her couch in the living room (those little fold out kid ones) have some blankets and watch tv. then i'll turn the tv off, have her nap, then when she wakes up we do it all over again.

a few weeks ago she was up ALLLL night throwing up and dry heaving, it was hell....so i can feel for you...my daughter is 5 1/2 and i don't have OCD but mike is OCD-ish, but his is more controlable...i know the trigger, he wants control, thats a whole nother issue that we work on.

anyway, they cant run mommy dry, then there is no mommy to help them. and you can get to your breaking point faster. I've told my daughter, i understand you don't feel good, and you need extra love and i show her the extra love and cuddles....but blankets and dolls have helped her and given me a little space too.

i know how your kids feel too...when i'm sick sick i want to be held and cuddled and pampered because you feel so alone when your really really sick! (i'm an only child...lol)

hope that helps you some..but remember YOU are the person caring for them..so YOU have the right to take some time out...knock them out with some sleep stuff!! lol...seriously...

#245458 - 02/10/06 10:42 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

(scream!) Alicia, you are so incredible! Stay sane. This sounds like one for the books. You either laugh or cry.

Kate.

Hugs to all - I got a PEDICURE today!!!!!! new
      #245487 - 02/10/06 12:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Last night, thank God, they slept. I curled up with hubby and watched some TV. I shipped the kids off to my Mom's this morning, went to my psych appointment, and then went to a drop in nail place for a quick nail polish only to find that they also give pedicures!!!! It was wonderful, and my feet feel so soft and light, and the polish makes me smile whenever I see it. I'm going to commit to having a pedicure at least once every six months!!!
Thanks for all your support. My son is now whining "I need you!" Back to sick reality. Blech!
At least hubby will be home to help this weekend. Maybe I'll run away to Wal-Mart or something for an hour!
XOXO
PS - guess what the psych said? He said I need to take more time for myself on a REGULAR basis - any Mom needs that - and since I'm dealing with OCD and BP, I need it so much to work on things. I'm drowning in Mommyhood!

--------------------

Re: Hugs to all - I got a PEDICURE today!!!!!! new
      #245491 - 02/10/06 01:01 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yay, pretty toes! I'm glad you treated yourself to some YOU time. You deserve it!

Re: Michele - you are amazing. new
      #245492 - 02/10/06 01:02 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

For you to step up and give sympathy to a whining Mom after all you've been through - (crying) - you are an incredibly special person and I love you very much!

--------------------

Re: About that tonic.... new
      #245493 - 02/10/06 01:03 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I stopped by the liquor store and bought a bottle of wine for this weekend as a special treat to share with hubby. YEH!

--------------------

ALWAYS helps!! LOL - glad to see the SMILE! nt new
      #245511 - 02/10/06 01:32 PM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Re: i'm sure they are sick, but no reason for them to run all over you... new
      #245516 - 02/10/06 01:50 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thanks, sweetie. I did put each kid on a couch downstairs, gave them their security blankets, fluffed up pillows and covered them with a blanket and turned the TV on. At least that gave me a little bit of space.
Unfortunately, they don't like soup. Gotta work on that one!

--------------------

Re: LOL! My son is the same.... new
      #245517 - 02/10/06 01:51 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Can't get a drop of medicine in him without him throwing it back up. Have to pin him down and corner him, lie him on his back, and practically sit on him till he swallows. Whereas my daughter will take it and ask for more. Yikes!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Re: Michele - you are amazing. new
      #245522 - 02/10/06 02:12 PM
michele

Aw thanks! I most definitely don't think of you as a whining mom though!!! I'm sure if I ever have a child of my own, I will have days like these too!!!! Hugs and love!!

--------------------

#245523 - 02/10/06 02:13 PM
michele

I LOVe pedicures! I'm glad you got a few minutes to relax before having to jump back in! I think your shrink is right, you do need to schedule "mommy" time on a regular basis!!

--------------------

Re:You're right.... new
      #245526 - 02/10/06 02:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Not even Mommy time - ME time. Time to be MYSELF - like I used to be before I had kids. Love them to pieces, but EVERY job needs a break, right? I'm so caught up in the Mommy role that I feel I've lost MYSELF. I don't feel like ME, I don't feel like a WIFE, I just feel like a Mommy 150% of the time. That's not right. Got to work on that!

--------------------

Nice! Smart psych! new
      #245554 - 02/10/06 05:42 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And I'm glad you had an oasis, anyhow. We're all super sick here too, but just the ol nasty Canuck cold. Literally almost everyone in the school district has had it within the last three weeks, has it or is just developing it.

MAJOR hugs. i was so looking forward to my spa retreat, too...

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#245561 - 02/10/06 07:57 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ahhh! It's amazing what a little nail polish will do, isn't it? Sounds like you had a great relaxing day. You deserved a break! I'm so glad you got away for awhile.

Re: Yup. We Canuks need SPRING!!!!!!!!! new
      #245650 - 02/11/06 04:31 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I was ready to go up to Wiarton (our Ontario groundhog) and cover up his hole wheN he came out!!!!!!!!

--------------------

I understand... new
      #245654 - 02/11/06 05:15 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

it's because we've had the Ontario warmth. it's barely gotten below 0 this winer. We're usually knee deep in snow by now and almost always about -18. It's been a record warm and dry winter. I think we're going to get our butts kicked in march,LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I understand... new
      #245739 - 02/12/06 10:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Funny to hear you say Ontario warmth LOL!!!! But you're right. We've been really lucky too this winter. We had some bad days in Dec. but January has been very tame. You're also right - we're going to pay for it soon! Not putting away the snow shovel yet!!!!

--------------------

Alicia...how's the family today?-nt new
      #245986 - 02/13/06 01:22 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: The saga continues.... now I'm sick.... new
      #246010 - 02/13/06 02:03 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I feel like my head's going to explode. I got Liam's head cold. My Mom's coming over after supper to give me a hand till hubby gets home. I'm going to try to farm the kids out to the grandparents tomorrow a bit. Trouble is both Grandmas are busy - so it'll be the grandpas. We'll see.
WHINE ALERT - I'm sick of sickness. I want spring and I want health.
Thanks for asking Beth,
With distant hugs (so as not to infect you all)
A.

--------------------

Feel better soon!!! Sending an extra hug today! -nt- new
      #246145 - 02/14/06 07:44 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Awe, now it's mom's time, huh? new
      #246153 - 02/14/06 07:55 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I hope this lasts a very short, short time. Take care of yourself best you can...and big hugs and try to get some rest. Poor, Alicia. But, this too shall pass!

I second the vote for spring. Winter? Had enough already!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#246168 - 02/14/06 08:09 AM
michele

Aw sweetie, that stinks! I hope you feel better soon! Hugs!

--------------------

#246173 - 02/14/06 08:17 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Being a mom is a ***super tough*** job. I hope you get better.

Hugs!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7961

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review