All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Silly post alert! Angelina or Jennifer?
      #243862 - 02/03/06 11:05 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I have no idea why but I have this weird desire to stay on top of the latest Angelina, Jennifer and Brad drama. Tommy knows as every time we go grocery shopping I'm off spying at the tabloids for the latest gossip.

My view is that Brad obviously cheated on Jennifer so he is PURE EVIL! And to me Angelina is a terrible person for breaking up a marriage.

What do you guys think? Please skip this post if you're tired of hearing about them. I'm sure many of you are. I *should* be too!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ME TOO!! new
      #243867 - 02/03/06 11:11 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I am totally obsessed! I have to bypass the big magazine wrack at the grocery store because I want every single one! I eventually gave in and got a people magazine subscription when they had a special (12 free issues, woo hoo) so I would be spending less in the long run on magazines, hee hee.

Anywho, I think it seems like he cheated on Jennifer too which is just... blech. I mean, I think any cheating is obviously ridiculous BUT WHO WOULD CHEAT ON JENNIFER FREAKIN' ANISTON?? I love her, I think she is totally great. She is beautiful and understated and has been very gracious about the whole thing.

I saw a thing with Angelina a while ago and she was like, "My Dad cheated on my mom, I could never be "the other woman" or with anyone unfaithful" but... uh... hello, you're having his baby now...

I don't HATE Angelina Jolie or anything, but I think Brad Pitt seems like a pretty big suchandsuch.

I also wonder how long it will take for Britney Spears to get divorced, though I don't actually care about that... BUT I was sad when Nick and Jessica broke up. Yep, I love the celeb magazines.
Maybe I DO need some real people friends, hee hee.

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: ME TOO!! new
      #243872 - 02/03/06 11:15 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

God, I have to pry my wife away from those darn tabloids! Anyway, Brad Pitt is a tool. But I have to say, as a guy, Angelina Jolie is hotter than Jennifer Aniston! But neother of those two are better than my wife!

--------------------

Yeah, the guys seem to prefer sexy Angelina, hee hee -nt- new
      #243877 - 02/03/06 11:22 AM
Stephie

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#243881 - 02/03/06 11:26 AM
Sara-Sage

ha ha, yes you do have to pry me away! LOL!

I have yet to buy one of those mags. I gee all my reading done in the store. LOL!!!!!!!!

#243884 - 02/03/06 11:28 AM
Sara-Sage

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

He def cheated. And yes she denied being that other woman. Whatever! I don't hate her either. I just think it' VERY sad that she thinks she can use her sex appeal to lure mean that are already married. Billy Bob Thorton was married too when they met! Naughty Angie.

I'm not a fan of Britney and think she married a dolt! Same with Jessica.

actually... rumor has it.... new
      #243929 - 02/03/06 12:50 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

haha.. I get US weekly so I know the gossip.

Rumor has it that Brad Pitt was working on a movie with Vince Vaughn about two years ago, and Jen would always be hanging out on by the trailer with Vince, and going off alone with him.

Anyways.. about 6 months later Brad started filming with angelina, and rumor has it that Brad was jealous of Jen and Vince.. in addition to the fact that Brad had been wanting babies for years, and Jen said wait till friends is over.. well then after friends was over for two years still no baby. According to US Weekly, those two causes influenced Brad to leave her.

Who knows whats true.. but its an interesting story.

I honestly don't think Brad cheated.. he may have flirted and developed a crush (for all we know he could have been mentally checked out of his relationship for months by then), but I think based on what Angie has said, and the fact that Brad's such a family man, they waited until the divorce was filed.

--------------------

I believe that. new
      #243954 - 02/03/06 01:53 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Someone as humanitarian as Angelina must have a heart in there somewhere. I think she as a messed up teenager/early 20s person and just didn't know how to appropriately express herself. I think she is a demi-goddess. BRad is OK, but I actually think Vince Vaughan is WAY cuter.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

wha?! new
      #243972 - 02/03/06 02:45 PM
retrograde

OK I really feel completely "out" of this whole celebrity world since I don't really follow this stuff, but I just wanted to say...

Quote:

Brad had been wanting babies for years, and Jen said wait till friends is over.. well then after friends was over for two years still no baby. According to US Weekly, those two causes influenced Brad to leave her.

If that's true, that'st he biggest BS I've ever heard, and really incredibly insulting! Like Jen is just like a baby-making machine or something, and since she refuses to reproduce, it's ok for him to leave her?! WTF?!! I mean, I can understand if they "wanted different things" out of life etc... but it just really p!ssed me off the way the media was playing this when they split up... like, oh poor Brad, he wants to be a daddy and she's not being a good woman! Boo her! *sarcasm*

/end rant

Re: wha?! new
      #243980 - 02/03/06 03:17 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I know.. its annoying, but I guess before they married, he let her know that he wanted to start a family asap, and wanted five kids.

Although no woman should be treated that way, I also dont' think you should go into a marriage without discussing that first, and coming up with an agreement (unless, very sadly, one more more members find out that can't have children after they are married- bc those are different cirumstances altogether).

--------------------

Edited by spicey813 (02/03/06 04:04 PM)

my views on this important matter new
      #243994 - 02/03/06 03:57 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I loved Brad & Jen together BUT I hate the way Jen is being made look like such a victim by the tabloids though.

I'm no Angelina fan but they do look happy together and seem to be making a good start with the family stuff etc.

I don't think Ange is the maneater she's portrayed to be and I don't think that Brad is so weak to succumb. Bottom line a marriage breaks up for lots of reasons, not just to do with a bit of flirting.

Ashley- I love the goss about Jen hanging out with Vince Vaughan- cool- was that on Mr & Mrs Smith as Vince, Brad & Angelina were all in it together??

--------------------
S.

Re: Silly post alert! Angelina or Jennifer? new
      #243996 - 02/03/06 03:58 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Quote:

I have no idea why but I have this weird desire to stay on top of the latest Angelina, Jennifer and Brad drama. Tommy knows as every time we go grocery shopping I'm off spying at the tabloids for the latest gossip.

My view is that Brad obviously cheated on Jennifer so he is PURE EVIL! And to me Angelina is a terrible person for breaking up a marriage.

What do you guys think? Please skip this post if you're tired of hearing about them. I'm sure many of you are. I *should* be too!

If you only read the tabloids then naturally the media wants to make Angelina out to be the bad person, but in truth Brad and Jennifer's marriage was over long before Angelina was in the picture. Even back in 2003 or early 2004 Brad and Jen did an interview where they each said they didn't think they were each other's soul mates, and didn't know if they're suppose to spend the rest of their lives together. That should set off some bells.
Brad's not the kind of man who would leave a marriage just for a role in the hay with Angelina. One main road block for Brad and Jen was the issue with children although they publically deny it. He wanted kids and she kept putting if off and he didn't want to put his life on hold any longer. I also think it's very irresponsible of Jennifer not to take any kind of ownership of the problems in their marriage. Her PR people want her to play the "pity me" card and she has done that. I find it ironic though that the media seems perfectly okay with Jen straddling Vince Vaughn on a hotel veranda not long after the separation, but it's a huge deal that Brad went with Angelina to Ethiopia when she adopted Zahara.

Re: my views on this important matter new
      #243998 - 02/03/06 04:02 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

yes it was. It turns out that the first scenes shot were before angelina turned up on set, and that brad and vince were the only ones there for a few months. apparently, jen and vince really hit it off when brad was filming were seen hanging out together in the trailer long before angelina was even a twinkle in brads eye, and that supposively made brad jealous.

who knows whats true.. but they've been talking about how jen and vince were actually cozying up on set before the divorce (or brangelina ) on all of our radio stations here in boston.

--------------------

#243999 - 02/03/06 04:04 PM
Gracie

Before their marriage it was no secret he wanted to have lots of kids. If she didn't want to have kids, she shouldn't have married him. I'm sure though that this was only one of many things that caused the break up before Angelina was in the picture.

#244000 - 02/03/06 04:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Quote:

I find it ironic though that the media seems perfectly okay with Jen straddling Vince Vaughn on a hotel veranda not long after the separation, but it's a huge deal that Brad went with Angelina to Ethiopia when she adopted Zahara.

That is a good point Gracie.. I never thought it, but its true. Jen and Vince's pics came out exactly at the same time as Brad and Angelina. I think they have a bad rap bc they are in the media more with their humanitarian things, and in pictures, where as Jen is more quiet about her relationship.

As for the part about when they said they didn't know if they were each others soul mates.. I remember that and I thought it was so odd and sad that they said that. I remember mentioning to my bf at the time that it was really weird for a married couple to admit that.

Anyways.. i'm sure we'll never really know what happened.. but its interesting to speculate.

I wanna know what happened with Nick and Jessica. I think its annoying that someone would broadcast their marriage on network television, but now are so annoyed bc people are wondering what happened. umm HELLO. you kinda brought it on yourself. I must say, I loved Nick and Jessica, but I do think it was her fault. I know! Shocker!

--------------------

#244001 - 02/03/06 04:18 PM
Gracie

In November 2004 (2 months before the separation) in an Allure magazine interview Angelina did, it's evident that she and Brad were still not an item so I don't think he cheated on Jen. When a couple are legally separated, and relationship they have with others is not considered cheating or adultery.
Here's the article if anyone is interested in reading it:

Source: Allure magazine
Title: Wild at heart
Date: November 2004

http://www.talkbollywood.com/lofiversion/i...php/t15423.html

Angelina Jolie talks about her fascination with S&M, the rumors about Brad Pitt and Colin Farrell, and her most unlikely fantasy yet.

By Kevin Sessums

The mohawked three-year-old comes bounding into the lobby of the Dorchester Hotel in London's Mayfair neighborhood. "Maddox home!" Maddox Chivan Jolie announces for all to hear. "Maddox home!" His mother, wearing a pair of two-dollar sandals, a ruffled black tube top, and a bracelet full of tiny bells on her wrist that matches the miniature version on his, is racing to catch up. "Ahn-sha-leena-sho-lee," an Arab lady whispers excitedly to her friends. "Ahn-sha-leena-sho-lee." Maddox, however, shouts another name when he sees her. "Mamma!" he calls. "Mamma!" She scoops him up and kisses him on his neck. His Mohawk shimmies with happiness.

Maddox lived in an orphanage in a Cambodian village when Jolie adopted him during her travels as goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). She calls him Mad, a nickname that would have suited her at some point as well, considering her own past: an adolescent fascination with collecting knives that led her to self-mutilation; her rumored early drug use and eating disorders; her wedding at 21 to TRAINSPOTTING's Jonny Lee Miller at which she wore a white shirt with his name painted in her blood; an interlude of bisexuality; her second marriage, to Billy Bob Thornton, a relationship that again became hematological when she insisted they exchange lockets of blood; and a fixation on tattoos (she's lost count). Even two of her award-winning performances-as a tragic fashion model in the HBO movie GIA, for which she received a Golden Glode, and as a sly mental patient in GIRL, INTERRUPTED, which brought her the best supporting actress Oscar-have created an image of Jolie as a troubled soul. But becoming a mother has tamed her a bit. In the past, she could look tired, washed out, as if she had stayed up too late partying. Now she has the glow of a person who is exhausted for all the right reasons. It has been an interesting trip, this journey of hers from madness to Mad-ness.

"I'm loving life for the first time," she says, laughing as she settles in with a glass of red wine in the Dorchester's piano bar. She and Mad are perpetually jet-lagged from all the travel between their country estate outside London and their open-air shack on stilts deep in the jungles of Cambodia. Jolie makes a point of taking her son on her trips. They have, in fact, returned only two days earlier from Cambodia, where she successfully helped stop construction of a hydro plant and dam that would have flooded thousands of villages and destroyed innumerable animals and their habitats. (She has given $ 5 million-"though I'm no bunny hugger"-to start a Cambodian wildlife preserve and donated funds to rebuild a hospital in Sri Lanka. Her philanthropic philosophy: "If you make $ 10 million, you can give away $ 5 million and not miss it.") She and Mad also took a trip to Thailand so she could get yet another tattoo-a giant tiger across her back. All of this pretty much sums up Angelina Jolie's life these days-a socially committed citizen of the world, a kind-hearted cultural rebel, a maternal tigress.

"I'm looking forward to my mid-30's, the 29-year-old continues."I'm beginning to feel like a woman who understands her life. Well, not just her life. But her days. Don't get me wrong. I've still got a pretty crazy life. But I'm now in control of it. Like everybody else, I went through a period of not knowing what my purpose was and not being useful. A lot of this goes back to the issue of fame. It can poison you if you have success and you're not a successful person."

She lifts her wineglass again, Tattooes on her right forearm is a Tennessee Williams quote: "A Prayer for the Wild at Heart, That Are Kept in Cages. " Does Jolie ever regret the pathological openness she's always had about her past? "I regret nothing," she says. "I don't believe in regret. I have had people come up to me who used to mutilate themselves with knives-or are cutting themselves-and want to talk about why they are doing it or why they stopped. So there's been a reason for it, my pathological openness, as you call it. I don't have shame in my life. And I don't judge people either. The tattoos, the cutting, it is all connected to something that feels real. Now I'm a parent. I'm connected to something real in the world. But I had that problem early on when I couldn't feel a bond with another human being. People speculate about my fascination with violence or S&M sex. But mostly it was all about trying to connect. A lot of my relationships just weren't honest enough. So I took them down different paths toward violence or wildness or whatever you want to call it to try to find somebody to hold me down and make me feel."

"S&M sex can be misinterpreted as violence. It's really about trust. I like to push boundaries, both emotional and sexual, with another person. That's when I've felt the sexiest. I've been in both submissive and dominant roles because I want more. I was always the top until I read somewhere that the bottom controls the top so I thought, 'Wait a minute, that's right. I'm doing all the work!' I've never been tied up though. I have a feeling the person that does it will be The One. I think that's what I'd like."

For potential boyfriends out there, this is Angelina Jolie's type: "I go for more the person than the physical appearance. To me, a guy in a suit that's all wrinkled, and he's been up for two days working and is all messy and is maybe holding a child-that would send me over the moon. A man holding a dirty baby diaper and dressed in a suit and I'm over the moon."

The Dorchester's pianist has begun to sing Elton John's "Your Song," which she tells me was played at her parents' wedding. She hums along for a moment. Hearing herself, she stops. "A man who can be a great father means the world to me," she says softly.

Jolie's own father-actor Jon Voight-left her mother, Marcheline Betrand, when Jolie was six months old. He seldom saw his daughter while she was growing up, and after a brief reunion, the two again became estranged when Voight publicly questioned aspects of her behavior as well as her fitness to be a parent. "We don't speak," is all Jolie will say about him. (She has legally removed Voight from her name.) She is, however, extremely close to her mother, who is often wrongly identified as a French actress. "My mom is as far from French Parisian as you can get," Jolie says. "She's part Iroquois Indian, from Chicago. She grew up in a bowling alley that my grandparents owned. She studied to be an actress, but she married my father, and by 28 she was divorced with two kids. She gave up her dreams."

Jolie-after two divorces in her 20s-has almost given up her own dream of finding the right husband, the right father for Maddox. "That's why I'm thinking about another child," she says. "Two children will be another step in building my life into this bigger group but, within that, still being my own. Maybe I should slow down where husbands are concerned. There have recently been these comments about my taking all these lovers-not that I think there's anything wrong with that-but where would I find the time between Maddox, my work and my UN responsibilities? I can only calculate a few hours every month for that."

OK. She's brought it up. So let's run down the impressive list of those rumored to be among her latest lovers. (1) Brad Pitt? He's her costar in the comedy MR. AND MRS. SMITH, in which they both play assassins for hire. The production has been a troubled one, and she giggles with naughty amusement whenever she has to talk aut it and its director, Doug Lyman, with whom she and Pitt had reported "artistic differences." Did they bond in the sack? "Absolutely not," she says. "First of all, I wouldn't sleep with a married man. Plus-even though I've complained about how busy I am-I have enough lovers. I don't need Brad."

(2) Colin Farrell? The 28-year-old is her costar in the upcoming Oliver Stone epic, ALEXANDER THE GREAT, in which Jolie plays the unlikely role of his mother, Olympia. Was there an Oedipal attraction off-screen? "No, there wasn't. We are very close though. The reason Colin and I haven't become a couple is that we are the same person. There'd be nobody to ground us. We'd just be nuts."

"It was ironic she played my f*****g mother," says Farrell, sounding rather Oedipal after all. "She's right-we are really, really alike. I don't believe in all that f*****g hocus-pocus, but we are both Gemini's. Maybe we are more twins than the same person. I've never met anyone who has so much going for her, that is also so selfless. Angie is o openhearted. And so very, very, very, honest. She's an amazing woman. An amazing f******g person."

(3) Val Kilmer? "Val and I are close, professional friends...with the emphasis on professional," Jolie says abut another of her ALEXANDER costars. "No truth to the rumors." (4) Oliver Stone? "No. No. He's married too...or there's a woman in his life who acts like his wife. But I do like that type. There are certainly worse people to be...well...tied to. I do like a disheveled intellectual. Oliver is fascinating."

Stone says, " I think Angelina was alive in another time. She must have been some sort of pagan queen who did astounding things, like lead armies across the deserts. I know I will get flak because she and Colin are around the same age, but I cast her because of her essence. By the end of shooting she was this mature, womanly mother."

There is a Brando quality to Jolie. Just as the late actor was completely masculine with a feminine grace, she is so ferociously female that she ends up having a masculine swagger. Her features however so splendid in close up, come together to form an archetype of womanly perfection. Plastic surgeons report that her lips, her chin, her eyes, her cheeks, her nose, even her forehead are the most widely requested by patients. How does Jolie feel about being not only objectified by men, but also by women? Does she have any beauty secrets-short of the scalpel-that she would like to share? "I use Blistex on my lips," she says, rather stumped by the question. "I should exercise more. Running after Mad is a lot of exercise in and of itself. If I'm going to do a part that calls for a certain look, then I'll exercise. But I'd rather take a boat and try to row than sit in a yoga class."

"I don't know. When I hear something like that, people using me as a model for plastic surgery, it sort of makes me sad. It's not that I'm against plastic surgery. If it makes you feel better about yourself, fine. But I love scars. I love people with strong noses or interesting features or interesting eyes. I love uniqueness and people who own their uniqueness. I've grown more comfortable with who I am, but it has nothing to do with liking the way I look. I mean, I can see what I look like, and I like what I see. I can tell you this though: I'm enjoying getting older. I'm looking forward to life affecting me."

Jolie seems more at home these days talking to Secretary of State Colin Powell about the refugee problems in Africa, as she recently did, than she is sitting here at the Dorchester and promoting yet another of her movies, DreamWork's next animated film, SHARKTALE. "I've been cast as the bad, sexy fish in it," she says, as the pianist wraps up his set with an oddly syncopated "My Way." "Is that typecasting? I mean, who am I at the end of the day?" she asks. "Am I the mom fish? Am I the sexy fish? I'm kind of every fish...But, don't worry. I'm still taking meetings with my demons. I'm like, 'Come on in, boys, I saved you a seat at the table. Come meet my dark side,'" she says, her laughter now the only music left in the Dorchester's bar."

ANGEL FACE

WHO? Angelina Jolie WHAT? The November cover of ALLURE shot by Mario Testino. WHERE? At a studio in the Holland Park section of London, England, a 40-minute drive from her country house. WHEN? July 12. WHY? Jolie stars as the mother of the title character (played by Colin Farrell) in Oliver Stone's latest film, ALEXANDER. This is her third ALLURE cover.

LIP SYNC: Jolie arrived 15 minutes early for the shoot, wearing Express jeans, a white T-shirt by C & C California, and several Moroccan belts. Her face was free of makeup, but she did bring her favorite beige lipstick: Guertain Divinora Intense Matte SPF 15 # 480, which has been discontinued.

HIGHER LEARNING: Jolie loves to read and brought along two books: 'The Constitution of the United States: An Introduction' and 'The Private Pilot's License Course'. SMART FOOD: Jolie looked over the buffet and laughed. "I've got to fit into those dresses later!" she said. She has a croissant and fruit salad for breakfast, and a little curried chicken and vegetables with rice for lunch. She drank three cans of Diet Coke during the day.

PLAY DATE: Halfway through the shoot, Jolie's three-year-old son, Maddox, visited the studio. Maddox ran to his mother, his bracelets and anklets jangling. "He wears more jewelry than I do!" Jolie said. The two played hide-and-seek during breaks. But when Maddox fell and started crying, his mother swept him up and whispered, "It's OK, my little Khmer."

BEYOND BORDERS: Jolie is a realtor's dream, with a home near London and a house in Cambodia. This fall, the actress plans to buy another house in Spain or Italy. After the shoot she debated the merits of each with Testino as he took snapshots of mother and child."

#244003 - 02/03/06 04:22 PM
Gracie

I agree we'll never really know exactly what happened, but it is interesting.

I feel sorry for Nick and Jessica. Having their marriage on display for the first couple of years of their marriage was a huge mistake. Newlyweds need some alone time and not have a camera everywhere you go.

DEFINATELY not the only one - I am WORSE - ask Sinead! new
      #244004 - 02/03/06 04:24 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Sinead knows that I have an obsession with Heat Magazine (a gossip mag in the uk) I have bought every issue for around 5 years now (and thats not missing one!- I am so sad that when I go on holiday, I get people to buy them for me for when I get back!) I actually don't feel right if I haven't got my copy on a tues...but anyways...I know I am sad....

As for the VERY IMPORTANT issue ahem....

Heat Magazine is slightly making jennifer out to be the victim and Angelina to be EVIL, and although I am not a fan of this, I have read many interviews(not just in heat)with Jennifer and I've always always loved her! I can't help it and because of the way the media have literally SHOVED brad and ange in her face, I do feel VERY sorry for her.

However, she is a very strong person and she does say she isnt sad or regrets anything about last year...she even called it a 'good year' now even if she is just saying that, I do think there is WAY more to the story than any of us will ever know! She is the type of person to make good things out of the bad and so I WISH the media would stop shoving the fact that only a YEAR after the end of her SEVEN year marriage, her husband is shacked up with none other than Angelina Jolie, trying to adopt her kids and to say it nicely put a bun in her oven! Now, if I was her I am sure that by now I would not have acted with as much grace as Jennifer has and for that I salute her. She is a strong woman, I wish they wouldnt pity her!

My opinion on Angelina, is that despite her wild child past, she does actually want to settle and find someone who could help her raise her adorable kids. I will admit that it has been WAY too quick, but if she thinks Brad is the man ( and lets face it what girl wouldnt??) then I hope that it works out and they are very happy together, same goes for Jennifer and Vince.

Oh and by the way....I too was heartbroken when they split.....infact I know I was the first to post about the shock horror news way back.... HERE but I have just had to realise that 2 celebrities that are constantly in the media....particularly the ones who the media fall in love with....just get broken down through the stress of the paparazzi! I am SO upset about Jess and Nick and Im still not even over Britney and Justin....why can't fairytales last forever??

--------------------
Natalie

Edited by Natalie1985 (02/03/06 04:31 PM)

I kinda disagree new
      #244018 - 02/03/06 04:47 PM
Stephie

I don't think that Jennifer Aniston is playing a pity card. I have read her interviews, and in every one the interviewer may make claims about her being a victim but all her actual quotes are about how she thinks everyone has to take responsibility, and not put blame on anyone, etc. In fact, my People magazine came and I read it today and that's exactly how it quoted her. The only bad thing about Brad I've read that she has said is about a sensitivity chip missing after he did that family photo shoot thing with Angelina and some dig on his bleach blonde hair.
I think the media will choose a way to spin things, and it might be completely different.
The truth is, we will probably never know what happened with them and we don't really have any right to know anyway.. but I'll keep reading anyway, hee hee.

I also doesn't think Angelina is a bad person, she does a lot of good and with her and Brad on the charity thing it brings a lot of attention to important issues. She's very beautiful and seems like an alright actress, so I figure it's been a long time and I hope they do work out since she's having a baby and everything.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Nick and Jessica new
      #244020 - 02/03/06 04:53 PM
Stephie

Hey Ashley,

I wanna know too! When I was in England, "Newlyweds" was on like 24/7 on MTV there. I love Jessica Simpson, but I thought Nick was just great. I think they probably went into the TV show thinking that they were gonna spend forever together and then her career took off and his not so much and I think she thought that her future would be a lot brighter than just being married to Nick.
I think it's sad because they did seem like they were happy together on the show, like waaay happier than most couples I know personally and that it all fell apart. I think that is really sad that can happen.

I wish they had stayed together, as a couple in hollywood that could make it work would be nice to see once in a while!

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I loved Nick and Jessica too! new
      #244045 - 02/03/06 07:30 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I miss that show. He is such a down to earth guy. He's handy, loves his sports, is a cheapo(even though he has money)looks for bargains and so much more. I LOVE him, not to mention he's sooooooooo hot! Ok, I'm calmed down now.
Anyway, I was sorry to hear they broke up too. They made such a cute couple. She's getting on my nerves lately with all her slutty outfits. She's turning into another Brittney Spears. Brittney was like all innocent in the beginning and then turned slutty. Jessica is headed down that road. Ever since she did the Dukes of Hazzard Movie(which mind you is unrated....why is that????) She's supposed to do a commercial on Sunday for Pizza Hut and you should see what she's wearing in that! Of course, they guys I'm sure will disagree with me and probably love her in that commercial

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

lol! Too funny! new
      #244060 - 02/03/06 09:31 PM
_Willow

I never looked at it this way, b/c frankly, if Dh didn't want to have kids I'd be devastated and probably move on too!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

yeah! jessica's fashion sense is questionable at best!! -nt- new
      #244062 - 02/03/06 09:34 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

#244098 - 02/04/06 08:07 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

The whole child thing is something that should have been discussed before they were married. If in fact, she did says at one point she wnated kids but wait until after Friends and then after Friends she said no thanks... Well, I think he had a right to leave her. Now mind you, I didn't say he had a right to CHEAT on her. But, divorce on those grounds is just in my mind. Just my opinion...

--------------------

oh yeah new
      #244102 - 02/04/06 08:22 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, I totally agree with Tommy (so what's new?). The only time I saw Brad and Jen together was after the Free Tibet concert at the 9:30 club a while back in DC, before they were married. He was really into her and she was like, Back the hell off buddy. He was trying to dance with her and she was acting stiff with this little frowny face on the whole evening like, I will not have fun with you. They seemed like such opposites, I remembered thinking at the time.

If they both want different things out of life they should not be married. It just doesn't make sense, if he wants kids and she doesn't. It would have never worked, Angie or no Angie.

Now poor Angelina is just a victim, pathetically searching out a father figure because she lacked one back when it was important. If she's as smart as she says she is, she should get her act together and behave responsively, not breaking up any more marriages than she already has. Hopefully being saddled with 3 kids will slow her down, and maybe tattoos with stretch marks will make her less of a dude magnet now.

I'm just saying this in fun, of course!

Re: DEFINATELY not the only one - I am WORSE - ask Sinead! new
      #244109 - 02/04/06 08:45 AM
Sara-Sage

ha ha Natalie! You are in deep with these magazines.

I don't know how on earth Jennifer hasn't lost it. I wish the tabloids would give her a bit more slack. Or maybe she's smart enough not to read any of them.

So YOU were the one to break the news that they split? I knew I read about it on the boards!!! Cool.

Re: oh yeah new
      #244127 - 02/04/06 10:38 AM
Gracie

I really don't think Angelina is seeking out a father figure for herself, and I don't recall her breaking up any marriages either. Billy Bob was dating Laura Dern, but not married. Brad and Jen's marraige was all but over before she entered the picture.
See my post below about the November 2004 Allure interview Angelina did. At that point she was still not involved with Brad.

#244131 - 02/04/06 10:47 AM
Nelly

Oh, I totally think she's seeking out a father figure. Losing her virginity at 14, being married so young, then dating Billy Bob?? She's definitely looking for a relationship sex can't satisfy.

~nelly~

#244132 - 02/04/06 10:53 AM
Gracie

Speaking to teens nowadays, having sex at 12, 13, 14, or 15 unfortunatly is not very uncommom, and marriage at an early age for some has nothing to do with wanting a parental figure in their lives. I have to agree with the Billy Bob thing though...it was just creepy.

#244151 - 02/04/06 01:11 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

To be honest, having seen Mr & Mrs Smith, I believe their version of events. That there was a huge attraction between Brad and Angelina. If anyone did the wrong thing, it was Brad for not sticking to his marriage and staying away from Angelina. I can imagine that if he "confessed" the attraction to Jen it must've been awful for her. And that is Brad couldn't just leave it and stay loving Jen, then they had to split.

Just to add..... new
      #244179 - 02/04/06 04:13 PM
Natalie1985

In an interview with Courtney cox who is ofcourse Jens best friend, she said that Brad was actually open about his feelings towards Angelina, that she suspected that he had maybe been attracted towards her during the time they spent filming Mr and Mrs Smith and that knowing Brad aswell as she does, she really doesnt think that because of how much he cared for Jen that he would have actually acted on those feelings physically until they had parted ways! She said Jen was aware that he was feeling that way and to be honest it sounds like it could be true cos she made out like he couldnt help feeling the way he did about angelina, and lets face it who can help feelings? Courtney said she really didnt believe that he would actually go through with an affair until after Jen and him finally split!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Nick and Jessica new
      #244180 - 02/04/06 04:23 PM
Natalie1985

I love the show too and I was so upset to hear they'd split, I think I really thought that one would work because theyd split up b4 theyre marriage cos she thought she needed to experience dating more guys incase she was missing out and then realised the one she'd been waiting for had been there all along! The fact that she'd saved her virginity until her wedding night made it seem all the more important to her and so I really thought they'd work hard at their marriage, it does sorta seem like they gave in so soon. I know we'll probably never know how long problems were really going on, but I always think people divorce way too quickly these days, it just seems all too easy!

--------------------
Natalie

#244193 - 02/04/06 06:10 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I hear ya.. you'd think that someone who was so religious that they saved their virginity for marriage, would want to avoid divorce at all costs. very strange.

--------------------

#244229 - 02/05/06 08:41 AM
Nelly

I think Nick was bad in bed and she wanted sex but with someone better. He called her a cold fish, but I don't think she's cold, maybe just to him. And he looks sexually selfish to me, but that's just my humble opinion.

~nelly~

i'm strangely intrested too... new
      #244243 - 02/05/06 10:19 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i don't ususally care about celeberty gossip...

i've been rooting for angelina..partially because most of my adult life people (strangers just walking around, or customers) say "wow, has anyone told you look like angelina jolie?" which is obviously a heck of a compliment..(i don't think the pic i have on the post show...but it's funny that everyone says her...so it boosts my confidnece a TON!)

i never liked jennifer aniston, she seems like a high maintainace cry baby...but at the same time, things about brad seem a little off..like he's kinda controling etc....

so when he left jennifer i was like "yeah, i would too" then got with angelina i was like "yeah, i would too" lol.

before i met mike i was actually married. you can say he "broke up my marraige" but it was actually already broken. for the most i believe there is some kind of problems, if one ends it (for the most). we don't know what their home like was. they both may have been miserable who knows...

Baby making new
      #244245 - 02/05/06 10:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I don't what what's true and what;s not here. But hubby and I planned to have kids. We talked about it before marriage. I agree...SO important to do!

And you know what? It didn't work out. I take class D (I think?) drugs and I can't go off them (well....I feel it would be a danger to me to do so!) and so hubby and I will not be having kids in the near future.

And adopting is a problem atm as well.

But hubby loves me. And he doesn't care. He just wants me to be happy.

THAT is the way it should be.

Just had to put my 2 cents in.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Baby making new
      #244283 - 02/05/06 03:33 PM
Sara-Sage

I agree. If the man loves the wife then he shouldn't dump her aside if she can't have kids, or changes her mind.

Don't worry Tommy - still a big 'no thanks' for me.

Lyndsey! new
      #244284 - 02/05/06 03:34 PM
Sara-Sage

Now you have to post some pics where you look like her!

Re: Baby making new
      #244287 - 02/05/06 03:42 PM
Gracie

Would you feel the same way if it was the man who absolutely didn't want to have kids or changed his mind about having kids? I think most people would look at him as being very selfish and uncaring and would encourage the woman to leave that kind of relationship.

I agree...but it was obviously never meant to be. new
      #244294 - 02/05/06 04:37 PM
_Willow

When DH and I got together, we both wanted kids, but I was prepared to start like, right about NOW in life as opposed to 4 years ago. He changed MY mind. We're HAPPIER than ever. It can make or break a relationship. But you should either know for sure bfore you get married or come to terms with whatever and fill your life with something else. If that's what broke them up, it would have been something ddifferent, because if you're not on the dame philosophical/life route then something will pop up.
I go to church, DH refuses to. We still both believe in God. We don't push our opinions on each other, but if he was atheist, and I washard core into my religion, it'd never work, even if we tried.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Lyndsey! lol i'll try... new
      #244315 - 02/05/06 07:15 PM
Lyndsey

i don't have a whole bunch of pictures of me..but i'll look. it's been more in person than pictures i take...but i'll see what i've got...

#244317 - 02/05/06 07:35 PM
Lyndsey

this is the only one where i'm not doing something stupid in the picture!! lol...i'll try to take others..

this one i don't look like her that much..beucase i'm always making a face or doing something dorkey...lol...so i'll have to take some later. lol...thats it for now...

and i'm being stupid in this picture too..mike and i were hicking..and we were trying to look preppy in this picture...so still i'm being weird

You do.... new
      #244337 - 02/06/06 05:10 AM
Natalie1985

you definately have her pout and yes take it as a compliment, she is beautiful. I have to disagree with you on the Jennifer thing tho, I LOVE Jennifer and although I don't hate angerlina or anything, I just hope everyone ends up happy in the end and think Jen and Vince and Brad and Ange seem to be happy at the moment, lets just hope it lasts....most hollywood things dont!

--------------------
Natalie

So we wont.... new
      #244338 - 02/06/06 05:13 AM
Natalie1985

be seeing any Teenie weeny tina tommy tots (oooh I like that phrase ) conceived here in the very living room??

--------------------
Natalie

#244367 - 02/06/06 08:37 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes, I do see it! Cool, lucky you. What is your ethnic background? Very pretty!

Re: So we wont.... new
      #244368 - 02/06/06 08:38 AM
Sara-Sage

Nope but we're having lots of fun practicing (just in case...) . he he

But seriously, neither of us want kids. We discussed that in length when we became a serious item.

Re: You do....funny thing...about what people say.. new
      #244394 - 02/06/06 09:18 AM
Lyndsey

the other day i was working and this lady looks at her husband and goes "do you know who she reminds me of?" then looks at me and goes "has everyone said you look like angelina jolie?" i smiled and said yes, and thank you very much!! and she goes "except your not pregnant..." then looked down and goes "oh! that's weird!" it was so funny. i get told that at least twice a week. i think alot of it is also becuase she's in the tabliods ALOT right now!!

It's great that new
      #244531 - 02/06/06 06:02 PM
_Willow

you were both that honest with each other about it. That's something that's so important. i believe if for example, Trevor wanted only one and I wanted two-we'd settle at one. Never ever bring more kids into the world than one of you agrees with. Happily, trevor and I both want two. we were content at one, and still are, but think it's a nice idea to give kayleigh a best friend.

I've heard of people who "snuck' an extra kid in when their husbands ddn't want it...YIKES! i don't even have words for how completely violated I'd feel, being that guy.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: It's great that new
      #244617 - 02/07/06 07:44 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes, we both agree on no kids.

A former co-worker has two kids. That's all they wanted when his wide "accidentally" got pregnant and they had twins! Now they have four. After she accidentally got pregnant he found a new bottle of folic acide in the cupboard. It was no accident at all. That's not very nice!

Oh my gosh, especially when new
      #244722 - 02/07/06 11:46 AM
_Willow

people are having a hard time making ends meet in the first place. I mean, that's why kayleigh's an only right now. We could barely afford a second right now, and we'd have to have them share a room, and clothes, and i don't even want to think about daycare. We don't have to use daycare with kayleigh thank God...our schedules work out OK, but with two, Grandma may not be so willling to babysit twice a week. And some people just procreate like mad and don't think about those things, then struggle to the ends of the earth to survive. it's just a choice you can't make nowadays, IMHO. Life is VERY expensive.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

LOL yeah, he does... new
      #244723 - 02/07/06 11:48 AM
_Willow

I can totally see that, and there's only so much you can give before you snap, in that arena!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Oh my gosh, especially when new
      #244735 - 02/07/06 11:58 AM
Sara-Sage

I agree, kids are super expensive and having them in a lifetime committment. Some people don't really know what they're getting into. I don't have kids but my brother had the with his GF at an early age and I've seen first-hand what raiisng kids is like. Yikes!

#244873 - 02/07/06 07:02 PM
Gracie

It's normal to take folic acid during pregnancy. Finding a new bottle of it in the cupboard after knowledge of being pregnant does not mean she tricked him or didn't accidentally get pregnant.

Edited by Gracie (02/07/06 07:02 PM)

#245047 - 02/08/06 12:36 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes true. But she wasn't on the pill and encouraged him to go without any protection a couple of times.

Whatever, I never liked the guy. ha ha

#245127 - 02/08/06 05:31 PM
Gracie

Now that definately sounds suspicious.

#245273 - 02/09/06 11:16 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh yes!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14810

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review