Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sore throat - just need to bitch
      #243588 - 02/02/06 08:54 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

[[flat-out complaining alert]]

i went to the dr. last week for a checkup, and mentioned my stuffy nose - unless i take claritin d daily, i can't breathe through my nose at all, and it's been like this for over a year. he said that for chronic stuffy nose (sounds like a relative of ibs, diagnostically) i should be on steroid nose spray. he gave me a couple of bottles, and i read all of the included materials - i wasn't psyched when i heard 'steroid,' but everything seemed fine.

it worked pretty well, except for a bad taste in the back of my throat for a minute after spraying, but a few days ago i noticed a sore throat, and weird taste in the back of my mouth - felt related to the way i feel right before getting a bad cold. but the cold never came, and the throat-yuckiness lingered. i realized it could be the nose spray dripping post-nasal and drying out the back of my throat, so i stopped taking it and went back to claritin, to see if the throat thing cleared up.

it's been three days, and i still feel *gross.* my voice is hoarse, i still have a weird taste in my mouth, and it just hurts. not super-painful, just irritated and scratchy. tea, ricola, and popsicles help, but boo. i just feel yucky and annoyed.

okay, done complaining now. thanks for reading.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sore throat - just need to bitch new
      #243618 - 02/02/06 10:32 AM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Jamie- have you seen an allergist? I have horrid allergies and was the same way. They test you for all sorts of stuff and then give you a shot like every three months. It's awesome! That nasal stuff sounds yucky. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it's causing your sore throat. I mean, it has to drip down there and all.

Re: sore throat - just need to bitch new
      #243619 - 02/02/06 10:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I would've told you not to take that nasty stuff!

Are you eating any dairy? If so please take it out! And sugar too. My horrible (they wanted to do surgery!! ) life-long stuffy nose and thraot were being caused by eating these foreign invaders! I also took gluten out...all three...for a year and thank G-d haven't had sinus probs (well...now I introducced all three back and guess who's paying for it )

In any case...I would def try diet 1st (which it sounds like you want to do) oohh and Sambucol is a miracle!!

Just my thoughts...I hate that you're suffering *hugs* It makes me so sad that you are going through all of this! Please vent and let us know how you're doing!!! *more hugs*

I hope you're feel better soon

Love,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hey, Jaime new
      #243812 - 02/03/06 08:57 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Suck-o! How are you feeling today? Don't those steroid sprays increase your risk of getting viral infections? How frustrating to try to treat one condition and then another problem develops. Feel better soon.

thanks, everyone new
      #243819 - 02/03/06 09:10 AM
jaime g

i woke up feeling not any better this morning - took advil, actually. i'm trying today without claritin, in case that's perpetuating the dryness... but maybe this isn't from the nose spray at all? it's just strange that it isn't getting any better. i've been taking steamy showers every morning, drinking lots of tea and *tons* of water... i thought it'd have worked itself out by now. and i don't feel sick at all otherwise. at least i've got the sexy raspy voice thing going. that's kinda fun. (my voice teacher from college would have me on total vocal rest for this. good thing i'm not a singer.)

--------------------
jaime

Ugh, I woke up with this morning! new
      #243824 - 02/03/06 09:19 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm so used to my tummy hurting, that it's weird to have another body area hurt!

I empathize with you Jaime...let's hope it passes soon. I'm not going to take anything for it...just keep drinking hot tea. I feel so tired too. Do you feel all worn down?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: thanks, everyone new
      #243825 - 02/03/06 09:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Gotta love the sexy raspy voice...lol Hope you feel better soon...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#243826 - 02/03/06 09:23 AM
jaime g

ooh, shell, gotta love your sexy new picture, too!

--------------------
jaime

Re: Ugh, I woke up with this morning! new
      #243827 - 02/03/06 09:24 AM
jaime g

i'm a little tired, but no more than usual. when i get colds, i always have one day of bad sore throat first - at first, i thought this was that, but it's turned out to be its own sort of thing. hope yours turns out to be nothing too bad - feel better soon!

--------------------
jaime

#243832 - 02/03/06 09:35 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

ooh, shell, gotta love your sexy new picture, too!

Thanks! That was inspired by sexy Casey!! I was trying to show that I've added red to my hair... hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Beth *DELETED* new
      #244057 - 02/03/06 08:48 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

I hope so, Shelby new
      #244082 - 02/04/06 07:29 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

My throat hurts so badly today. It's getting worse. Any remedies for a sore throat (that are IBS safe)?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 261 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review