Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ou est Nelly?
      #243070 - 01/31/06 09:40 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Nel!
I saw you posting some in the last few days, but I'm not sure how much you're logging on from PA. How are things going? I've been thinking about you!!!! I really hope the doctors are being nice to you and that things going okay (as well as possible, anyways) with your mom! We are all anxious to hear how it goes! Do you have any blood left in you at all? I'll be looking for you on the boards when I can log on (been really busy at work since that meeting we had last Wednesday)!
You're in my thoughts and prayers though.
Hugs!
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Talked to Nelly last night... new
      #243078 - 01/31/06 09:50 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Her appt was at 9AM this morning, and she's coming over to my apartment for dinner tonight, so I'll try to get her on my computer to update this evening!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Talked to Nelly last night... new
      #243084 - 01/31/06 09:55 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

ha ha, who does Nelly NOT know? ha ha I swear she knows almost everyone on the baords personally. I've met her once already.

Is today the 31st? new
      #243189 - 01/31/06 03:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am SUCH a bonehead! Nelly...forget the e-mail I sent you today! I'm in soo much pain right now my brain isn't working right.

I meant every word though...love you *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Talked to Nelly last night... new
      #243211 - 01/31/06 05:36 PM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

No one ever tells me these things! Hi Nelly, enjoy the weather.

Avidan

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Mel and Nel in Philly! new
      #243213 - 01/31/06 05:43 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey All!

I have landed in PA! Thanks for the shoutout, Min! {{{{HUGS!}}}} I am feeling MUCH better after my appointment and first IV treatment at the fibro clinic. I am not freaking out anymore (Mel told me to reassure everyone my head hadn't exploded ), and I'm actually feeling better in my shoulders area after the first IV treatment...!

OK, I remain cautiously optimistic.

I will totally post everything about the appointment. I have to collect my thoughts after the day I've had! Quick recap: 9am appointment, out by 4pm, 30 vials of blood, left arm like a pincushion, nice docs who listened, lots of new information. More To Come!

So at present I'm at Melissa's house, and she is exactly as pretty as her picture! We're sitting here in her kitchen sipping tea and hot chocolate gabbing!!! I so needed this escape from my mom (having spent a load of quantity time with her lately! ), and Mel totally anticipated my need for a serious break and invited me for a nice cup o tea!! Thank you Mel!!!

I'm going to check the boards from the hotel before I leave, so don't go anywhere!

~nelly~ Feeling much better at the mo

Nelly just left... new
      #243250 - 01/31/06 07:48 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

And we had a fantastic time talking tonight! Nelly is absolutely wonderful and sweet, and we talked about everything under the sun practically - our illnesses, the boards, family, college stuff, our pets, our boyfriends...it was great. We've determined that we're twins, which is funny since I'm a short brunette and Nelly's a tall blonde! But it was sooo great to talk to someone who understands the quirks of me and not looking at me funny about it (and I think Nelly is going to say the same thing)

Alright, off to take a shower and wait for Nelly to call me and let me know she didn't get lost on the way back to her hotel

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Ou est Nelly? new
      #243258 - 01/31/06 08:11 PM
Computr821

Nelly, which hotel are you in? If you're in the vicinity of 30-something street, you're only a few blocks from me too.

Avidan

--------------------

#243339 - 02/01/06 08:53 AM
Nelly

Hi Avidan! I'm staying in Valley Forge, but I was up in Philly, near 38th Street visiting Mel last night. I'll be back in February to stay with Mel though, so maybe we can all meet up then?

~nelly~

Ditto everything Mel said! new
      #243342 - 02/01/06 09:04 AM
Nelly

Yes!! We were seperated at birth, totally! Mel and Nel, who knew?

I'm back in the hotel the next morning, getting ready to go back to the doctor to pick up my medicine and head for home. Yesterday was one of those important days that 20 thousand things happen to change your life. I wanted to sit down and write everything out last night, but the hotel business center was closed (!!!) and instead I just gabbed my mother's ear off all night talking about how great Mel was and how much I'd learned between my clinic visit and all the lovely fibromite people I'd met in PA!

So I have like eleven minutes til checkout, so I just wanted to post very quickly to tell you guys how much I'd missed you and to let everybody know that I was going to be just fine. The doctor was most excellent (I've never had one agree with me so much when I spoke about my symptoms!) and he gave me the pain meds, sleeping and RLS medications, and vitamin B12 shots I'd requested, plus he started me out on an IV regimen I can follow for the next few months that, after 1 treatmet, had me feeling much better already.

I've got to go, but I promise lots more later!

~nelly~ I really thnk it's going to be all right.

Re: Ditto everything Mel said! new
      #243343 - 02/01/06 09:08 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

ROCK ON Nelly!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ditto everything Mel said! new
      #243348 - 02/01/06 09:15 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

It's so great to hear about your success with this new doctor! EXCELLENT! I can't wait to hear the about rest of your trip and clinic visit.

#243468 - 02/01/06 03:58 PM
Computr821

38th Street?!?! That's one block from my dorm! OK, we'll work on later in Feb.

Avidan

--------------------

Avidan new
      #243473 - 02/01/06 04:26 PM
Nelly

Cool! I have an appointment on the 27th of this month and I'll be staying the night. Maybe the three of us can meet up somewhere. It'd be a shame not to, cos it's so close!

When I was driving back, I saw the Philly skyline at night, and it was GREAT. I don't remember the big marquee on the top of that building tho. Is that new? I nearly drove off the side of I-76 reading the latest news...!

~nelly~

Re: Avidan new
      #243493 - 02/01/06 06:43 PM
Computr821

Cool! I look forward to it; hopefully I'll have nothing major going on with school.

I think the marquee has been there at least as long as I have, which is just over a year and a half. It's not actually the news, it's an advertisement for the tower I think.

Avidan

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1594

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review