Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stay on Schedule
      #242716 - 01/30/06 09:54 AM
1morestitch

Reged: 11/17/05
Loc: Iowa

Hi:

I am fairly new at this even though I have had it most my life. The drs. told me I had IBS several months ago but, not how to deal with it. My one big question is....does it help if you stay on a schedule as far as the time you eat meals, excercise etc. Also I take Zelnorm twice a day, I take my first one an hour before breakfast and I was taking my second one an hour before supper. Lately I swithched to a couple hours after supper and I think it might be a little better. I would appreciate all input on this subject. Thanks

Julie

Edited by 1morestitch (01/30/06 09:55 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yep, tummies love routine new
      #242736 - 01/30/06 10:26 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Heather mentions this often and I've seen it suggested in other IBS books as well.

The zelnorm should be taken before eating. Zelnorm didn't really help me after the first week or two. Hope you have better luck with it.

And stick to a regular schedule for sure.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Honestly, I'm going to say something a little different new
      #242740 - 01/30/06 10:35 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I think our tummies like us to be relaxed. So for me, that means a general routine - not anal about it, but a gentle rythym to my day. Definitely breakfast, eat small amounts often, don't get too hungry OR too full, I do tend to eat about the same times each day but not because I'm watching the clock, it just falls that way in the routine of our schedule and so does not feel harried, like grabbing a mad-dash lunch and scarfing it down before running to the next thing demanding my attention. Calmness!

But on the flip side, I think my IBS has been at its worst in my life when I was overly stressed at trying to order and control every detail of my life, including analyzing every little thing I was eating/doing/not eating/not doing, as well as when and how I ate and when and how I BM'd, etc. Truly it was like an obsession and it made me worse and worse instead of better. As I started to learn how to RELAX, my symptoms are not gone but are much, much more manageable.

Hope this helps... guess there's a balance to everything.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Yep, tummies love routine new
      #242791 - 01/30/06 01:26 PM
1morestitch

Oh Beth, I have taken Zelnorm for quite a few months now. I was on it a year or so ago for about six months and a couple of drs. had a fit and took me off it. I got in with another dr. and he put me back on it and that was way back in the summer. Thanks for the time info.

Re: Honestly, I'm going to say something a little different new
      #242797 - 01/30/06 01:33 PM
1morestitch

Thanks Michelle for the info. I am not a huge stickler and I thought may be that was why I have an occasional slowing up. I guess that's just the nature of the beast. The only time I really get up tight about it is when we are actually on the road traveling. My husband has trouble understanding why I can't just get up in the morning grab a bite to eat and get on the road. Other then that I'm just working my way through the foods to see what really bothers me and what doesn't. Thanks for the info.

It helps me a lot... new
      #242844 - 01/30/06 03:09 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I've never been one to keep a rigid schedule, that is not until I was hit with IBS a little over a year ago. I stay on track for everything that I possibly can now, especially eating and meds.

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

That's absolutely me, Michelle... new
      #242879 - 01/30/06 05:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I can be really careful about what I eat, but the biggest factor in my IBS behaving is my stress level. man, what a difference that makes. i also find the more I analyze things, the worse off I am. I keep myself busy to keep myself from overthinking.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1610 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 866

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review