All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
You never know what you have til you almost lose it!
      #242108 - 01/27/06 12:09 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I had to take my oldest daughter, she's eight, to the E.R. at 5:30 am on Weds. She woke up at 4:30 am clutching her chest over her heart and crying hysterically. She said her heart hurt and her left shoulder hurt and was doing real shallow breaths. She had a fever of 100.7 and I thought she was having a heart attack! We took her to the E.R. and they said her heartbeat was 160 and it should have been 90 and her temp had went up to 102.3 degrees. They did an EKG and chest scans and gave her some motrin. They said all the tests came back fine and once the motrin kicked in it stopped her chest pain and her heart rate went down and her fever lowered to 99.5 so they sent us home.

We went home slept for a couple hours when we woke up there was a message on the machine from the hospital that they looked at the chest xrays again and saw a spot of pneumonia and that they needed my pharmacy number to call in script for antibiotics. While I was on hold calling them back my daughter starting crying again that her heart hurt and was racing and that she couldn't breath. She ended up getting admitted to the hospital for 2 days with a co-infection of two types of pneumonia. She is home now but is still pale and weak but no more chest pain or heart racing and she is taking two different antibiotics.

I was so scared when she was crying and holding her heart and panting to get breath out. I thought about what could happen and literally felt my heart break with just the thought. I always take their health for granted but I know some parents aren't that lucky and I had just a small taste of that panic and pain of seeing your child seriously ill. My heart and prayers go out to parents with seiously ill and terminally ill children.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

AMEN!!! new
      #242112 - 01/27/06 12:17 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

When I watched my very healthy son having a grand mal seizure for the first time, I thought he was dying right before my eyes. I didn't sleep for weeks afterwards! The helplessness is so very, very scary!

I'm thrilled your daughter is alright. Pneumonia is nothing to play around with! I pray she continues to recover and that your mommy heart will soon slow to a normal pace. We truly must cherish every moment!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: You never know what you have til you almost lose it! new
      #242117 - 01/27/06 12:25 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Jesus, I am so sorry your daughter had to go through such a terrible ordeal. My prayers go to her and you. I am happy to hear that she is on the road to recovery.

--------------------

How scary for you all new
      #242120 - 01/27/06 12:30 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Thank goodness she is being taken care of now.

I can't imagine what parents whose children have cancer go through.

I'm glad you all are going to be okay!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: How scary for you all new
      #242124 - 01/27/06 12:36 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

That must have been just awful. I would have been so panicked. I'm glad to her she is home now and feeling better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#242135 - 01/27/06 12:52 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh my gosh! you poor thing, and poor her! I'm glad things are ok now.. I can't even imagine how scary that as for you!

--------------------

#242154 - 01/27/06 01:42 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You must have been so incredibly scared. Thank goodness it's under control now.

A former co-worker of mine's newborn had whooping cough. She is SO lucky that it was caught right away and treated becausse it could have been fatal.

Being a prent must be SO HARD!

#242163 - 01/27/06 02:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

bless that little girl and your family... oh, how scary.. I'm so glad she is home with you now...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Oh Tissy! new
      #242177 - 01/27/06 03:23 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

What a shock! I had pneumonia when I was 6 and this sounds exactly like what I went through. It felt like my heart had tilted, like a dinner plate, and that it was going to come out of my chest sideways. I got used to the feeling after a while but it was scary when it first happened. I can trace my IBS to the antibiotics I got during that month I was out of school. My heart goes out to you and your family! I'm so glad she's being treated. I know it's scary to watch a child go through that because I remember the looks on the adults' faces who visited and took care of me. I hope she only has a mild case and she responds quickly to treatment!!

{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}} to you for being such a good mommy! I know you're a superhero to her for taking care of her.

~nelly~

#242185 - 01/27/06 03:53 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Tissy Im so sorry to ehar about your daughter, I hope shes alright, I cant imagine how aweful that mustve been for you. Sending lots and lots of hugs

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 314 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7199

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review