All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: I am a HUGE idiot.... long post.... new
      #240732 - 01/23/06 08:03 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

My previous doc was the same. He was young and just out of medical school too. He was on my side 100% and agreed to try the AD as he said some of his other ibs patients had success with it treating their ibs.

I'll try to get a similar doctor here. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I really feel for you... new
      #240734 - 01/23/06 08:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Michelle. I am feeling a bit better today but yesterday was the worst. I did feel out of control and it wasn't fun.

Thanks, I did learn a valuable lesson, you're right.

Re:HUGE HUGS!!! new
      #240735 - 01/23/06 08:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I agree, I probably wouldn't go with the gyno she recommended either! Do you have any female friends where you are living now? I know it may sound like a funny thing to ask but most women will understand if you say to them that your new to the area and ask them who they go to for obgyn. If your not comfortable with that or don't know anyone well enough to ask them, call around to a couple offices close by and talk with the front desk girls and see if you get a good vibe. Here in the states, all the dr's I've been too are pretty strict about the once a year pap, especially if your on the pill.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I am a HUGE idiot.... long post.... new
      #240736 - 01/23/06 08:07 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks BL. I think the worst feeling with this is the irritability. Any tiny thing yesterday was magnified so much. Poor Tommy was eating a brownie yesterday and the sound of him chewing on it made me lose it a bit. That's not normal!

Re:HUGE HUGS!!! new
      #240737 - 01/23/06 08:09 AM
Sara-Sage

The gyno I go to has to be listed under Tommy's insurance plan. So I would need to go to one of them.

Tommy's mom and sister I think go to the same gyno so I could ask them who their doc is.

Lisa new
      #240739 - 01/23/06 08:14 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh yes, I am finding the healthcare system here very different than Canada's. I have a bottle of Tylenol with codeine here that I got for $7 from Canada. I bought if for my migraines. Tommy toldme that I couldn't buy it here so I brought it with me.

I have to get usd to how things are here.

I want to sta on my AD's as it gives me double benefits. I just don't like the idea that missing a couple of days doses made me so wacky. I won't mess with that ever again.

Tommy's been great. I burried my face in his armpit the other day for quite a while. It comforted me. He kept asking me how I could breath like that. ha ha He's the greatest!

Thanks Melissa -nt- new
      #240740 - 01/23/06 08:15 AM
Sara-Sage

Re: Oh my gosh, Tina, I did the EXACT same thing! new
      #240743 - 01/23/06 08:20 AM
Sara-Sage

You did. Oh no!

I agree that my nutso symptoms are withdrawal and not how I'd be without taking them. I really hope so!!!

Thanks for asking about the neighbours. I think they stopped around 6pm. Not sure what they were doing but it was WAY too loud. I think they're at work today because I haven't heard a thing. THANK GOODNESS!

Thanks again Steph. It;s nice knowing I can come here and people will support me.

I understand completely new
      #240745 - 01/23/06 08:23 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Irritability is the worst! When I'm not on my med, I've been known to cry in the laundry room because my boys left their socks turned inside out! Is that stupid or what? But like you said, every little thing is magnified when you feel this way.

I can't even stand the radio to be on in the car! I get so angry that I'll be walking through the grocery store and think to myself, "I just wanna knock over that perfectly stacked aisle!" Yikes!!!!

And caffeine, ahh, that makes me a raving idiot. If I have one cup of regular coffee, I will chew out everyone in my path.

I hope this feeling goes away soon because I know it is no fun.

((((Hugs)))))

Re: I understand completely new
      #240749 - 01/23/06 08:33 AM
Sara-Sage

Being irritable is the worst especially when you know you're overreacting. I always know I'm irritable when I yell at my cat for stupid reasons! She always lets me know by coming up to me afterwards and apologizing. It makes me feel awful as I know she didn't do a thing!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 819 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10770

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review