All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Oh what a bummer! new
      #240655 - 01/22/06 06:11 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

But you're not an idiot, the doctor is. You'll find a doc, and this doc should get a spanking.
Feel better, shuga!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am a HUGE idiot.... long post.... new
      #240660 - 01/22/06 06:37 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Tina, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I can relate. I have done this many times----and I always regret it.

My doctor once told me that to wean yourself off these type meds, you should reduce the dosage by 1/4 the first week, another 1/4 the second week, and so on until you are off of it. Anything quicker than that and you feel like you do---irritable, like you're going to crawl out of your skin, and 100 X worse than with any PMS!!!

Now that you've started it back, you should feel yourself again, but it will take several days. Usually, I'm myself again by 48-72 hours.

As for the doctor telling you the AD doesn't help for IBS, she obviously knows nothing about IBS. I hope you can find another doctor that can help you! Maybe if you explain how much it has helped you and how poorly you felt when you went off it it, you can get a new prescription.

Hang in there!

I really feel for you... new
      #240666 - 01/22/06 07:31 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

THey gave me meds (reglan) in my IV in the hospital that made me feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crazy, agitated or anxious don't even come close, it was positively awful and it is really scary to feel that out of control of yourself. Eric had run home and when he came back he found me just a total mess. They gave me a sedative and I slept it off.

I know that is not the same but I'm just saying that I've developed a really strong compassion for people who feel they are not in complete control of their emotional/mental state for any given reason... it is no fun, scary, and really humbles you. Big hugs and I hope this passes quickly for you, and that you can get the Dr/prescription situation worked out.

(BTW you are not dumb... but you have learned a good lesson!) HUGS

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: I am a HUGE idiot.... long post.... new
      #240667 - 01/22/06 07:39 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

I found that "newer" doctors tend to be more open to new ideas. My doc down home (port huron) is like 3 years out of med school. When I brought up the idea of narcotics for controlling extreme episodes, he listened to my thoery on why we should try that approach and then checked to make sure I wasn't a know addict and then perscribed a trial run of 10 pills. He made me feel like we were both in this problem together and he was willing to try anything and everything in his power to help me. He said the key to presenting an idea to a doctor is to do your homework and tell him why you think that medicine helps/will help. When the vicodin helped, he gave me a larger script 20 pills and also gave me his personal contact infor (home phone number, cell number, email, aim) and told me not to hesitate to contact him if I had questions about medication or had a new idea to try.

Re:HUGE HUGS!!! new
      #240710 - 01/23/06 06:46 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You are SO NOT an idiot!!! These doctors are supposed to know what they're doing. But you know what? They don't have to live with you. YOU have to live with you. And if the meds are making you feel better, then hey. So be it.
Besides, who died and made this Doc the end all and be all of what works for IBS?
Hugs, sweetie. Tell them whatever they want to hear to get your meds to help you feel better.
XOXO

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#240714 - 01/23/06 07:00 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

This doctor is an f'n idiot. I have a GI doctor Tina can go see that is extremely good when it comes to IBS. He understands the mind-gut role in IBS. Thankfully, I have an excellent medical plan and Tina can go see as many doctors as she needs to. I also thought it was weird this Dr. wouldn't prescribe BC. It sounds like she wanted to get her buddy a referral and charge my insurance again.

But, on a good note, I will take care of my wife no matter what.

--------------------

#240726 - 01/23/06 07:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I just got in Tina and saw this! That dr is a total JERK!! As mentioned, ANY dr can write for bc pills although some won't unless they know you have had a pap within a year. I think its absurd that the dr suggested stopping the celexa, especially since you were feeling better on it!! Try Tommy's dr to get your celexa refilled but I would also suggest calling an OBGYN to get started with so you won't have any issues with the bc pills! Hugs! I hope your starting to feel better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#240728 - 01/23/06 07:57 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks Alicia. You are right.

Tommy new
      #240729 - 01/23/06 07:59 AM
Sara-Sage

You're the best hubbie ever! Maybe I will go see your GI.

I love you so much. xoxo

#240730 - 01/23/06 08:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Michele,

That's it. I haven't had a pap withing a year and told her that. That must be why she wouldn't prescribe them! You're so smart. I forgot that I told her that.

Thanks, I am going to find a gyno here. But maybe not the doc she suggested if she's anything like her.

Thanks Michele.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 770 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review