All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
update from doctor.....
      #240287 - 01/20/06 01:56 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Well not much to really tell from the hematologist. Basically my lupus test was done again and came back positive. Still doesn't mean I have it but she wants me to see rheumatologist at U of M to put all the pieces together and figure out what is going on. I do have two clotting disorders that will require me to be on B6 B12 and folic acid and baby aspirin for the rest of my life. They have to fax my info to U of M then wait for them to call. It will probably take a week. If I do get pregnant again (which we are not trying until we figure this all out) I will have to see a high risk OBGYN. I am not freaking out as much as I thougt I would. Maybe I am just numb. Althoug I told my hubby that I have prepared myself for the worst so that when they say it isn't that bad I will be relieved instead of shocked. He says that's dumb but that is the way I handle things. Soo I guess that's really about all for now. I appreciate any continued prayers or thoughts.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: update from doctor..... new
      #240303 - 01/20/06 02:46 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Hopefully you'll get into the university soon and can get some answers. Is it possible to have lupus and not having symptoms? (Probably a stupid question.)

Your way of handling things isn't dumb! Expect the worst, hope for the best, and you'll always be prepared. In theory, anyhow. You just need to remember the hope bit, OK??

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Hugs Angela......~nt~ new
      #240307 - 01/20/06 02:56 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#240318 - 01/20/06 03:27 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Angela,

For what it's worth, I have been diagnosed with lupus and it hasn't been that bad for me (yet). I am now used to the joint pain and hardly even notice it anymore unless it's really bad. Aleve takes care of it nicely for me and I can tolerate it. I do pace myself differently than I would have 10 years ago, but I had been doing that for a long time before I even knew. If I get a sore throat, I know I better get to bed and get some real sleep or I'm headed for a flare. Flares feel sort of like the flu, but it doesn't go away for weeks or it can come on and leave just as quickly (in a day or less). I was baffled by this for years before I finally saw the rheumatologist.

On a happy note, lupus is one of those diseases where you can realistically dream of a spontaneous remission. They do happen. My doctor's wife had a spontaneous remission from lupus years ago and it never came back. I did have a successful pregnancy, although there was a clotting problem. The doctors told me that basically, she would either make or not, but there was nothing special that could be done. I never really knew exactly what the problem was or if the lupus caused it. Hopefully, if you see a high risk ob they will give you more answers than I got. Good luck with your attempt to have another baby. Btw, I know from reading your other posts that our kids are almost the same age. My daughter turned two just before Xmas. Noah is sure a cutie!

Laura

Prayers for you and your family. -nt new
      #240319 - 01/20/06 03:30 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Well... new
      #240358 - 01/20/06 07:22 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm glad that you are starting to get some answers. Hang in there!

Hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#240373 - 01/20/06 09:09 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Angela,
Just read your post and wanted to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. This must be a very scary time for you.
Big hugs to you,
Terri

Hugs to you........ new
      #240380 - 01/20/06 10:12 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm proud of how well you're handling it all. Please keep us in the know.
Love, Shannon

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

*HUG* new
      #240392 - 01/21/06 05:02 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

Engela- if you want to meet when you're at U of M, let me knwo when the appt is and i'lll try to meet you... its around the corner almost... Lupus isnt' a life sentence and isn't it better to know all this stuff and get treated then to have more issues because of not knowing...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

More hugs and prayers for you. nt new
      #240397 - 01/21/06 06:12 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

I will keep you in my prayers---nt---- new
      #240401 - 01/21/06 06:25 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Laura (lj) new
      #240405 - 01/21/06 06:56 AM
Angela E.

Thank you for your kind words. I am really perplexed because I don't really feel like I have any symptoms of lupus. I mean sure I have aches and pains sometimes but don't we all? Of course this week I am feeling achy in my hips and I am thinking Oh gosh is this lupus? I know that it could very well be from not working out this week and from playing a basketball game with my studnets last Friday. I am really trying to stay positive through all this. I feel good that I am going to U of M and that someone who deals with this all the time is going to give me some answers. Maybe this is is too personal to ask but are you or can you have more children. How was your pregnancy with your daughter? Were you really sick? If you don't want to respond here my e-mai is in my profile. And if you don't want to share those answers at all I completely understand. Thank you for what you have said, it definitley makes it easier to hear a brighter side to it!!

Thanks everyone! new
      #240406 - 01/21/06 06:58 AM
Angela E.

I don't have time to reply to everyone. Hubby took Noah for the morning so I can do some things for myself. I appreciate you continued support. It means alot to me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1440

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review