All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
First pregnancy puke....
      #240060 - 01/19/06 08:37 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

and it was fondue, of all things!! Admittedly, I ate more than I should have. But with a normal non-pregnant body, I would have been ok.
Today was actually my worst day so far nausea and fatigue-wise. I dry heaved at work, (thank god the bathroom was empty), and was dead on my feet, even actually SLEPT for 10 minutes at my desk, and then went to the Art Institute with my friend and I could barely walk around. I so wanted to cancel and go home to bed but she drove in and paid for parking so that would have sucked. And this is a friend i'm DYING to tell, it was so hard to try to be "normal" and not tired and not say "Oh, I got this new pregnancy book...."

Being pregnant is, well, like nothing else!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: First pregnancy puke.... new
      #240062 - 01/19/06 09:35 PM
dan the redneck man

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: Houghton; MI

First I must say you ladies deserve mad props for what you go through in 9 months, you're definitely tougher than us guys.

your post reminded me of one of my first doctors visits while dealing with IBS, it was my first time visiting this doc and I guess he looked only at my name and the symptoms. He came in the exam room and a puzzled look came over his face. He asked my my name and I confirmed that yes I was daniel hamilton. He said, "well, I was gonna tell you that you we're more than likely pregnant, but I now see that is not quite possible, we'll have to do some further tests to figure out exactly whats wrong". I guess my symptoms, sick in the morning, spewging, etc, fit the morning sickness diagnosis.

#240076 - 01/19/06 10:35 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Yikes! I hope it was a fluke and not the start of a trend!

I've never been pregnant, but I always wonder about the "tell or don't tell" thing. Why not tell close friends? Wouldn't you want to share both the good and the potential bad with them? I know a lot of pregnant women opt not to say anything until they exit the saftey zone. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm pregnant someday, but right now, I think I'd tell family and friends pretty much straight away. I think I'd wait at work, and that's about it.

(I don't mean this rudely; I'm just curious!)

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#240088 - 01/20/06 04:46 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I'm sorry you barfed. There is nothing worse but hopefully it was just a fluke and your food won't be coming back up on a regular basis. When I was pregnant I felt sick all the time but only actually barfed a couple of times.

It helped me to know when morning sickness would pass and I counted down the days. Knowing there was an end in sight really did help me deal. The tirdness will pass too and you will start feeling great. My youngest is 16 so I can't remember the exact time frame, but I think it is 4 months.

Just take care of yourself right now and if you feel tired and can lay down for a little nap do it. Don't feel guilty about that because you need the extra rest. Eat small meals and remember that once the morning sickness passes you will feel great.

--------------------
Janey

For me.... new
      #240103 - 01/20/06 06:21 AM
epa_ginger

and my husband, we just decided to wait until I was farther along. For some reason, neither one of us could bear the thought of telling people...and then potentially telling them later on of a miscarriage. I have told about 3 friends, 2 of whom either are pregnant or have kids, so I have someone to talk to about it. We're only waiting another month or so. I probably won't tell work until I am farther along.
I'm not sure why it's what we've decided, my friend who is pregnant told her family right away. I think it's more of a gut feeling or something.

--------------------

Re: Being pregnant new
      #240199 - 01/20/06 09:49 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

is like nothing else, I agree! Some things that helped me with the morning sickness-vit b-6 and b-12 and unisom! The being drop dead tired is normal and should ease up in the 2nd trimester. Be sure to stay very hydrated and try sucking on some hard candies. I found cinnamon a good flavor when nauseous! They actually make preggie pops, hard candy drops and suckers formulated to help ease morning sickness. I didn't care for the flavors myself though. Be sure to eat small amounts all day, if my tummy got too empty or I overate, I'd be puking for sure! This time is the worse because you feel like crap and you can't tell anyone why!! Hang in there, it'll be worth it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

i'm sorry, but it is a good sign! or at least thats what they want us to believe :( -nt- new
      #240223 - 01/20/06 11:17 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

I feel for ya! new
      #240226 - 01/20/06 11:22 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I was PG this time last year. I remember how SICK I felt all the time!!! I really hope you don't get to sick. It's a big job!!! And 9 months is a long time. But it's so worth it.

I understand about the not telling anyone. I did with my 1st and 2nd PG. My 2nd pg ended in a MC, so I chose to wait with my 3rd and 4th PG's. It's hard not to tell, but it's just easier in the long run. I told everone after my first ultrasound with a heartbeat.

Congrats to you!! This is such an amazing time and it will be over before you now it! My little baby just turned 6 mo old yesterday! Man time really does fly.

Take naps if you can and do try some candies...it may take some time for you to find just the right thing!!

Hugs!

--------------------

#240327 - 01/20/06 03:45 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

ooh, what kind of fondue?? (Sorry, I am going through crazy hormone surges lately and right now I am eating everything in sight.) Umm, anyway, that sucks! and hopefully this is NOT the first of many.

I dreamed a couple nights ago that I was pregnant! When I woke up I got panicked about all the pain pills I've been taking, but reality intruded and then I felt all sad and bummed. And then I remembered that in my dream, the "pregnancy test" I was taking was this kit where you poked your finger until it bled and then pressed it against this applicator thing and if you were pregnant a big red dot would appear at the other end, and then I felt just stupid for being dumb enough to subconsciously invent such a weird pregnancy test. I never knew quiet internal humiliation was so effective against silencing crazy hormonal sadness.

Well, here's hoping you don't get full-blown morning sickness!! Have you scheduled your first ultrasound yet? Do you have really long lists of potential names? Do you think you're going to last a whole 'nother month before telling more people?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#240352 - 01/20/06 04:45 PM
epa_ginger

I've invented things in my dreams before too. Isn't it crazy how our minds work? So don't feel silly about the pregnancy test---it's not THAT crazy. And incidentally, I've been dreaming about being pregnant since I was like 14. I had one dream when I was engaged, and in my dream I thought "Great, now we can't go on our honeymoon!" Isn't that lovely?

The restaurant was a place where you get the cheese fondue, then a salad, then the "main course", and then dessert. It was all REALLY delicious.

Today I've been sick, but it seems to be worse at night. I'm hungry but I honestly don't desire anything to eat. And that is just strange for me, cause I like eating. My husbands on his way home from work and he just started naming foods to help me think and everything was a no, sometimes accompanied by a shudder. I mean, stuff like salad...which I had earlier this week cause I craved it...or meatloaf, which I made 2 nights ago, and had a slice for breakfast. But the thought of eating it now turns my stomach!
It's such an odd thing, really.

I think I can last another month. Well, actually it's only 3 weeks now. I haven't scheduled the ultrasound, but I think the doctor said 14 weeks, so I imagine at my next appt I'll schedule it.

I did get a little crazy and took another pregnancy test this week. I just needed reassurance. But it was very positive, very fast. I just hope this nausea stuff passes!!

--------------------

To me, that sounds nooooooooooorrrrrrrmal! new
      #240353 - 01/20/06 04:50 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

After watching an episode of Gilmore Girls, where one of the characters was pregnant, I think you're doing fine with the cravings.

Actually, she was a chef, and kept changing what she wanted every three minutes or so, and was completely disgusted by what she had previously wanted!

Good luck with the sickness!

#240377 - 01/20/06 09:59 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

oh I really feel for you! My wife had it bad - she survived but I felt TERRIBLE for her. Pregnancy was an amazing lesson for us both in the unpredictability of life. There's just so much out of our control. Its all worth it (easy for me to say) having a baby has changed our lives in so many ways... Hang in there -dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Yaaay! new
      #240382 - 01/20/06 10:14 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

It's a sign you are healthy and so is baby. Relish that puking. But don't think ABOUT relish, LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Know this is hard..... new
      #240402 - 01/21/06 06:28 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

but it will pass, I promise. The second trimester you will have your energy and appetite back---and it will be so much fun. Now, the 3rd trimester, that's another story (for later.)

Pregnancy is so much fun. Enjoy! I know you will be glad to spill the beans!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 539 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review