All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)
Kate, if you don't mind....I'm curious why not? new
      #239988 - 01/19/06 05:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I like it. I didn't think I would with all the hoopla. But I just do.

I like the characters. (I like how I see them in my head more than the movie though!)

I DO feel like I'm just scratching the surface with reading "scary" things. (YEs, I'm a weakling and I find HP on the scary side of things.)

Why don't you like it Kate? I would love to hear WHY/what was it about it that you felt was overrated? If it had been a series without any publicity would you have thought the same?

When hubby and I saw the Grand Canyon I was't impressed. Too much hoopla! But when I see an ordinary moutnain I am impressed. Is this your experience with Harry Potter or do you just think it was porrly written?

Thanks for your opinion...it is well taken here

Love you!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

aww, no prob... new
      #239993 - 01/19/06 05:32 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I get really hyper sometimes, too, but it's not ever really followed with darkness. It'd almost be nice if the manic states could stick around a while, eh?

Do you have a good relationship with your FIL? IS he a male figure you feel you can trust? I know for me they're few and far between and I embrace the ones that I do trust. Most men, however, i assume , are out to abuse me.....:( Thankfully, I don't feel that about DH, but he's still trying to convince me he's not a cheater and won't leave me high and dry like every man did my mom, LOL! Stupid.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks. IMHO... new
      #239994 - 01/19/06 05:34 PM
_Willow

she's a freakin princess! I actually took her to a modelling agency, when she was 6 months old, but they wanted to charge me $50 to get photos done. nah...if it's meant to be, they'll pay for it. And I don't want a teenage modelling daughter-no thanks to the anorexia and drugs!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: aww, no prob... new
      #239996 - 01/19/06 05:39 PM
Snow for Sarala

I hardly know him! He lives VERY far away! So I don't see him or talk with him much...

Yeah, I have that too! Scared of my own shadow! Being abused is really very damaging! I am beginning however (with the help of meds I do believe) to picture myself as being alert and ready to pummel any man who gets too close! LOL I really am though! If a man LOOKS at me the wrong way....poor him!

And yes I worry about hubby abandoning me. But it's getting better the longer we're together. And therapy helps too...I hope you will get better with this with time *hugs*

Thanks again...you seriously made my night!

I love you *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

LOL new
      #239997 - 01/19/06 05:41 PM
_Willow

well, to clarify,
I do read in little chunks of time-never catch me doing it for more than an hour, except for Parents Magazine, which I cannot put down once i begin it. That's a good three hour marathon read. Then it's bathroom lit for a month.

As for my English major-see I was planning on writing children's books-I have written but not published one.... then thought about going into journalism...then special ed came and knocked me over. I love my career. Whenever it actually starts, LOL!

My favorite was really American Lit right around the 1920's to 40's. Like I said, the grteat Gatsby, The Sound and The Fury, EVERYTHING Hemingway... but honestly, I also fell for Sir William in my Shakespeare class. Love his sonnets. (oh, yes, I'm a poet too.I'll share with you all in a new thread my latest poem. I only write when I'm in awe or in agony.)
Canadian literature is fabulous though. I never did get to taking any English lit courses, and read few of the 1800's classics....I like the edgy, strong drama stuff. For the drama queen, ahem.

Well there's a life story, lol...i miss writing. maybe I should write again.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Well, look at her mom! new
      #239998 - 01/19/06 05:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Like mother like daughter!!!!

Yeah I did the modeling gig for Bonwit Teller (sp) when I was like 3. I didn't want to go back.

LOL

Then as a teenager I wanted to do acting and modeling. Thank G-d neither ever worked out! I'm happy without all that jazz

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Love you too, Ruch, and new
      #240003 - 01/19/06 05:58 PM
_Willow

I'm glad and sad at the same time that we can heal ourselves from the abuses of childhood togeter. And the longer I'm with Trevor the less "psycho" I am about him leaving me for someone else. He's really not even a guy who LOOKS at girls, just totally a commitment man...so stupid that you sometimes can't shut off that voice...

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh you are TOO sweet! new
      #240004 - 01/19/06 06:00 PM
_Willow

and thank you! wree're having a mush party, lol....

I used to be a super hottie back in the day. I'll see if I can take a pic of a pic of me from high shool. Size five, and blooooonde hair.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I guess i can let you into my club. Population: 2. LOL! -nt- new
      #240005 - 01/19/06 06:01 PM
_Willow

coool

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh, Freckle juice by Judy Blume... new
      #240009 - 01/19/06 06:09 PM
_Willow

another goofy one.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 97469

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review