IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ((HUGS)) new
      #237943 - 01/12/06 09:14 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

That just sucks! I'm so sorry. I've never had anything like that happen to me so I can only imagine how upsetting it all is. I'd pitch a fit to your apartment supervisor and see if you can get them to pay your deductable or at least improve the security there!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

I know how you feel... new
      #237971 - 01/12/06 10:11 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I know how you feel. I had my car keyed twice. The first time I paid the $400 to have it fixed. Then it happened again. I have not fixed it. I wish I caught the person in the act of doing it... Theywould have got a swift kick in the @ss from me...

--------------------

Me Too... new
      #238098 - 01/12/06 05:43 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

We had someone key the F&%# on the side of our car and slash our tires. They did it to 4 cars in our neighborhood. We still have the same car my dad bought me when I was 16 (a honda civic) and it is old so we just made the letters squares, triangles and circles. At least they did not do it to our new explorer. Hopefully it wont happen again. I guess some kids just get the thrill by drawing on other peoples cars.

Thanks so much everyone! and: an UPDATE new
      #238261 - 01/13/06 10:56 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Thanks so much everyone! Sheesh, in a sick sort of way it's good to know that this sort of crazy thing happens to other people too... SO SORRY it does though! What a world, eh?

Anyway - I just got back from the mechanic and guess what?? My car is going to cost $4100 to fix!!! I can't believe it! I didn't realize there was so much damage on it, but there is some body damage and also a back tail light is cracked, which I didn't originally see... on top of everything else.

SIGH. At least I only have to pay $300 of it. I complain about my insurance company a lot, but it's good to know they're there when you need them!

Re: Thanks so much everyone! and: an UPDATE new
      #238268 - 01/13/06 11:25 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Holy $h!t! How much is your car worth?

Ouch. However, it's a really really good thing that your insurance co. is covering costs.

Buttheads. It's one of those unsolved mysteries.

It is a relief, though, that you were nowhere near enough to be physically damaged. And that is a HUGE blessing.

Kate.

Whoa!!! What kind of car do you have???-nt new
      #238271 - 01/13/06 11:29 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Re: Thanks so much everyone! and: an UPDATE new
      #238371 - 01/13/06 05:21 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

It's a 05 Toyota Echo. I think it's worth probably around three times that... It's ridiculous though - between this and the accident I was in last year (most of the front end needed to be replaced) there's going to be hardly anything original left in my car - and it's only a little over a year old!

But whatever. I guess it's so high because a lot of stuff on it can't be fixed and just needs to be replaced... Insurance is paying for it, so I don't really care. Maybe the shop is inflating that price a bit - if I was paying for it, I'd probably be MUCH more adamant about what exactly that four grand is covering! - but i'm not, so I just want my car back, lol

This is extremely angering, but in the scheme of things I'm infinitely glad that it was *just* my car, and not me

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review