All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Hey! Hey! new
      #238625 - 01/15/06 07:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ya know Nelly...I didn't know who Laura Angell (sp) was and I thought they WERE talking about you and I was SO confused!

Did she write Little House on the Prarie? Anyone?

Nel....you're famous to me......always remember that!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey! Hey! new
      #238655 - 01/15/06 10:01 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yep, Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote all of the Little House on the Prairie books, and then her daughter Rose wrote some sequels as well. Nelly Olsen was Laura's arch nemesis as a small child, she was rich and blonde and a total snot head.

Children's Books new
      #238657 - 01/15/06 10:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

I think I will have to check this out!

I know this played this on Nickelodeon when I was a kid but I was never interested in it. And I didn't read it as a kid either. But it wounds like I missed out...I'm def. interested now!

I don't know why...but I'm totaly into children's books. (Maybe b/c I feel like I missed out on having one...) but I love em'! Any others you recommend?? It would be GREAT to have more books to keep me preoccupied as the surgery looms nearer (and for after as well...)

Thanks again *hugs*

P.S. HONEY MIX ! ! ! Thank you for starting this thread!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

best children's books in the world new
      #238666 - 01/15/06 10:38 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

are, in my opinion, the 'wrinkle in time' books by madeline l'engle. (a wrinkle in time, a wind in the door, a swiftly tilting planet, many waters.) made me the romantic science geek i am today.

also wonderful: the phantom tollbooth, a wizard of earthsea, the pistachio prescription, julie of the wolves... i read 'clan of the cavebear' when i was twelve, but that's hardly a kids thing. still great - but damn did the rest of the books in that series go downhill from there.

i'll admit i was a big-time baby sitter's club devotee when i was a wee little thing. probably into older than's respectable for that.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Yes! new
      #238668 - 01/15/06 10:45 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I love the Wrinkle in Time books too! Exellent recommendation!

Re: best children's books in the world new
      #238669 - 01/15/06 10:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Jaime!!!

The Phantom Toolbooth...what a read! I also like Mrs. Frisby and the Rat's of NIMH (author...don't recall??)

I too was a Babysitter's Club fan that and the twins (what were their names) of Valley High or something?

I will have to check out the ones you mentioned...it's great to have a list when you go to the library! And I know I'll have some time to sit and read...and I am SO looking forward to it! (Not the pain of recovery time but the time to just sit and read...yippee!)

*hugs* super thanks!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Yes! new
      #238671 - 01/15/06 10:49 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

they make especially good adult reads & re-reads - i re-read them in high school, and got so much more out of them. they're just so, so good.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Has anyone read Sophie's World... new
      #238674 - 01/15/06 11:12 AM
Snow for Sarala

my college proff recommended it but I forgot all about it...he gave me enough books to read!

Just wondering if I should check it out, thanks!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Yep! new
      #238681 - 01/15/06 11:42 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I really enjoyed Sophie's World... I also liked The Solitaire Mystery and The Christmas Mystery that are by the same author. They're not at all Mysteries like the detective pot boilers, but more philosophical fairy tales. I recommend them.

Re: Children's Books new
      #238715 - 01/15/06 04:00 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I read a book when I was a kid (50 yrs. ago or so) that was called Beautiful Joe. It was a story told in the voice of Joe, a dog, who was the runt of a litter. He was born on a farm and the mean old farmer had just chopped his tail off (I think) and a rich kid took him away from the farmer and gave it a good home.
It must have made quite an impression on me because I can remember that much. I can't even remember the title of the last book I read, let alone what it was about.
I should look for a copy on Ebay. I think I found one once on Amazon or somewhere, but it was a fortune.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1012 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19827

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review