All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Free ride! new
      #238085 - 01/12/06 05:13 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'm totally up to paddling today! Today I ateleftover bread sticks (the kind you bake in the oven, my mother gave me her leftovers), Fried chicken with the skin off, with some flat sprite, a big glass of articifial flavored HiC fruit punch (not supposed to but had a craving) and decaf instant coffee.

Hm, that doesn't sound too appetizing when I write it down.

I'm in a better way today because my pain is being managed! I re-upped on my codiene, my whopping 3 vicodin, and my 240 imodium today and even got on a plan at the local pharmacy that gives 20% discounts to people with no insurance in the state of MD. I had no idea they offered this, I think it's something they started Jan 1st.

Actually, when I went back to pick up my prescriptions, I showed the different pharmacist the pamphlet the first pharmacist had given me that morning. She just looked at me and said, "No, dear, that's for people with NO insurance." I told her, "I haven't had insurance since 2004!!" Jeez, just because I'm white and speak in full sentences doesn't mean I have insurance...! These guys have known me since 2001 by NAME, you'd think they'd remember me coming in for, what is it, 19 STRAIGHT MONTHS with no insurance? (!!!)

So I can paddle for a while!! Just sit back with the sun umbrella in the back of the boat and relax for a bit, Ruchie! Here's a little pillow for your back. Headsets are in the compartment in front of you.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, my yenta!! new
      #238090 - 01/12/06 05:21 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I just want to hug you! If I was nearby, I'd come visit you in the hospital for sure!

I'm sorry you're feeling so weird....if it makes you feel any better I have a long list of freakish things too....I have asthma, allergies, GERD, IBS, migraines, dysmenhorrhea, a heart murmur, obesity (nooO!)extra bones in my mouth, bruxism, farsightedness,insomnia, perfectionism(which is now a diagnosis) and I'm sure I'm leaving out one or two. But it's hard to feel like you just can't get a break.I know. Sweetheart, you are wonderful to us. You are bright, funny, and loving, and a fantastic friend, IRL or not!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

*HUG* wish I could help! new
      #238199 - 01/13/06 06:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but at least we can be here to talk to..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Ruchie, you aren't alone here! new
      #238249 - 01/13/06 10:27 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Hey Ruchie! Were fine here in the south! Just trying to decide what season we're in...going from 72 degrees to 29 degrees about every week and a half. Odd for January!

Hold on to your people connection dear lady! You will be fine! Just research all you can and ask lots of questions!! Don't rush into any procedures and try to talk with the doctors as much as possible. I know this is a lot to deal with...just one day at a time. More hugs and prayers!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

what they all said plus my own prayers and HUGS, sweetie! new
      #238321 - 01/13/06 02:30 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Feeling alone, scared, and down new
      #238450 - 01/14/06 08:03 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Aw, I'm sorry to hear this and sorry I'm so late to reply! But look at all your IBS friends who replied! WOW! I hope you were feeling better by this weekend.

*hugs*

Re: Ruchie, you aren't alone here! new
      #238604 - 01/14/06 10:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Wow! I'll have to call my Aunt in Bama and see hwo she's fairing! Sheesh...the weather is being finicky!

I'm glad you all are doing well *hugs*

I WILL hold onto to my friends...tightly! You're my FAM after all.....

Love you *hugs* *smiles*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

UPDATE...long, sorry!! new
      #238605 - 01/14/06 10:17 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So I bought myself some ice cream. It's comfort food and I just need comfort right now. I am also bombarding myself with books and movies from the library...cartoons and Pollyanna (hope her optimism rubs off on me!). I sent hubby away for a 2 day bike trek so he can have some fun and be ready to be my caretaker after the surgery.

We made a massive WalMart trip tonight so that we are all stocked up and ready. I will have meals frozen and a meal plan made.

I'm keeping myself busy getting ready for the "big day" --Jan. 26th-- and for about 2 weeks thereafter (in case I DO get an infection G-d forbid! This is where prayers come in!!)

My fibro has started acting up. We actually thought I didn't have fibro things hadn't gotten so good!! But I DO have it. It came back when hubby and I went hiking a few weeks ago. I thought I was imagining things. But it's here and my bod doesn't seem to want to completely recover. I need time to heal....

I feel less alone as I post here and get so many responses *hugs* and as I communicate with hubby and ask questions on the IC Network Boards and such. I'm glad you all prompted me to ask for help (of hubby....still not really asking so much but getting better...keep on me folks!) and as I reach out for support from all of you and from our doggie Shana (she's letting me give her extra hugs and love....furry therapy hurray!), I think I'm gonna make it!

So that's about it. Not here as much as I would like atm because I'm on the IC Boards learning AND cooking sooo much in prep for the surgery etc. so I only make it here once or twice a day (in comparison with usually being here all day long!!! ) so sorry I'm not posting so much.

Ok, I know this was long. But I feel like you really ARE my fam and that you care and are concerned so I wanted to update.

I want you all to know...I told hubby about how you are all getting me through this! I truly wish I could thank each of you individually somehow. And tell you all how much you mean to me. Even my hubby sees that I couldn't get through all of this without you all! I love you!!!

Sending everyone hugs, love, good health, happiness, light, all your needs in life, and more LOVE!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: UPDATE...long, sorry!! new
      #238631 - 01/15/06 07:42 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Ruchie, you are always in my heart...and I hope that you come through this surgery with "flying colors" as they say.

I'm glad you can feel our love for you.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12901

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review