All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ANother Flareup
      #23728 - 10/17/03 12:02 PM
memarcej

Reged: 09/23/03

Hey all. I just want to vent. It has been the first time since Tuesday that I can sit at the computer. Had an attack Tuesday afternoon and lasted for 5 hours. I got to the point where you wished you were dead. I know you all know what I mean. I was praying to anyone that would hear me. I just get so mad. At first you cry your eyes out because of the pain, then you get so mad because you don't want to go to the hospital AGAIN. I just needed to talk to people who really understand. Since I have read Heather's book, it did help while I was wishing a quick end, on the floor, in my bathroom, in front of the toilet, that there are people out there who know this. Who have and are here. Just thinking of you guys helped pull me through. AND the fact that my mother and brother have this. (Are they sure it isn't genetic?) I have it the worse out of the three of us. Just so grateful that I have people who understand. I try not to let this ruin my life, I have already let it to a certain extent, BUT NEVER AGAIN. Tomorrow, my husband, my son, and I are going to the mountains. I NEED THIS. Please pray that all the diet will help me have fun!...thanks for reading....Marcy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ANother Flareup new
      #23737 - 10/17/03 01:04 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

Hope you're feeling better soon and have a wonderful time in the mountains! I don't know where you live but the leaves in the northeast are beautiful now! And you are right, so many here know what you are going through! It is such a comfort to know "we're not the only one!" I have felt so much better since using the hypno CDs- you may want to try them. They were worth the expense for me. Otherwise, lots of hot tea, a heating pad, "safe foods", and positive "anti-stress" thoughts are helpful. Have a great weekend with your family!
Andie

#23742 - 10/17/03 01:58 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Yes, isn't it nice to know you are not alone in this journey? I think if I didn't have these internet IBS friends, I'd go crazy. My family has no idea what it's like to have IBS, so it's comforting to know someone else understands. I have had times where I didn't think I'd make it through the day, but then I remembered that others have had it worse then me and they've somehow made it. We will help you as well as we can. I don't mean to be silly, but right now, I'm seeing Rocky with his hands raised and the music blaring. Da-da-da! Da-da-da! We can do this!!! We can all be each other's cheerleader. You're in the right place for the undestanding and encouragement you need.
Have a great trip to the mountains. What a beautiful time of year to go.

#23899 - 10/19/03 02:42 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I certainly do know how you feel. I want to die when I get those terrible attacks, too. And I also feel like IBS has interefered in my life waaay too many times. Good for you for sticking to your guns and taking your trip to the mountains anyway. Enjoy, and I'll definitely pray that you stay healthy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#24269 - 10/23/03 03:06 PM
terryg

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Collierville, Tenn.

I am so with you - I hate going to work everyday just knowing that I will have an attack and that someone will be in the bathroom. Ill breakout in a cold sweat, hands clamy, feel like fainting, the colon pain is unbearable, you just want to go home and never leave again. I hate this condition. I really do.

#24277 - 10/23/03 06:13 PM
leigh

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: texas

I think you will find out the book will be a big help. It has started to change my life. I was really bad last week though and I paid for it Monday. Like you said, sometimes I think I am going to die! I feel like the part in alien when the creature comes out of her stomach! I hope you have a good trip and I will defenitely pray for you...I know you need it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1196

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review