All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
I love your socks! new
      #238560 - 01/14/06 04:53 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I have tons also. I'm a funky sock addict. Now when I walk by them at the store, I have to look the other way....it's just too tempting. But, I recently had to throw 2 pairs away, so will have to replace them!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bonne Bell for Dr. Spice new
      #255919 - 04/03/06 09:52 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Ashley - I picked up a new kind of Bonne Bell Lipsmacker yesterday and I thought of you If you haven't tried it yet, the one I got is called JELL-O Strawberry-Kiwi. I've probably used it 100 times already!!

JELL-O Lip Smacker

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Bonne Bell for Dr. Spice new
      #255983 - 04/03/06 02:08 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh man! I still need to quit! I've been freaking out lately because hardly any of the local drugstores carry the stuff anymore. Those that do, CVS and target are all carrying the new fancier lines, which is driving me crazy. I'm addicted to the original, and the original only. Anything else sends my lips in a fit!

I hope you enjoy your new kind.. I'll be taking my addicted butt around town in search for the old kind!

--------------------

Re: Bonne Bell for Dr. Spice new
      #256107 - 04/04/06 06:19 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

The CVS up by me has a few original ones left that they still carry. Usually the Boston area CVS's have the same sales - so try CVS!!! They are buy 1 get 1 half off this week - Just call me an Enabler!!!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

hahahah thanks!! -nt- new
      #256129 - 04/04/06 07:30 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

NEVER mention Chapstick.....funny story..... new
      #256136 - 04/04/06 08:27 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Well it wasnt funny at the time but I laugh now....chapstick actually was the culprit of my first ever fainting experience...which led on to a long line of fainting episodes when I was a kid. I am haunted so much by chapsticks that because of it that I wont go anywhere NEAR them!! Actually the bonnebelle ones are nice and I do LOVE lipbalms really....but oh no no no....Im talking the serious stuff....the ORIGINAL CHAPSTICK....the ugly black labelled one...ssssssss makes me shiver thinking about it....and this is how it started.....

It was a nice summers day...I, being the clumsy 10 year old that I was had scratched something into my eye and had to go to the doctors to see if I had something stuck in it. Well....he put some nasty dye thing in it to see if there was anything there..but no....all was fine....so he just gave me a prescription for some eyedrops to help the stinging.....

So off to the chemist me and my mum went....and as usual in these places there were queues of people waiting to be served ....so I decided I would have a look around as you do...picking up anything that looked interesting and annoying my mother....so...what did I see.....oh yea.....

A CHAPSTICK!!! THE BLACK LABELLED ONE to be precise!!!

What did I do???

I SNIFFED IT....

What happened next??

I fell....WHAM BAM SMACK on the floor....completely out cold....

Next thing I remember is waking up in some strange mans arms as he was carrying me across the road back to the doctors....well...I nearly cacked myself as I thought he was kidnapping me!!

I recovered...came back around shortly after....but the memory lives on....and from that day I have not touched...or even gone near one of those hideous things again!!!

So Ashley it isnt my addiction....lol...its my nightmare!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: NEVER mention Chapstick.....funny story..... new
      #256140 - 04/04/06 08:36 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

OMG Natalie!!!! Why do you think you passed out? The smell of it???

Yea.... new
      #256266 - 04/04/06 02:19 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

to be fair maybe the stuff the doctor had put in my eyes had made me feel groggy I dont know...all I know is that I felt fine before and as soon as I sniffed the chapstick the smell just overwhelmed me and I passed out......it would be me.....hehe...........

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Anyone have any strange addictions?!? new
      #256319 - 04/04/06 04:11 PM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

Jesus - as I eventually discovered with IBS, it appears I am not the only one with this particular 'affliction'! I truly cannot believe it - I am a complete lip balm addict, but have never yet met a fellow addict...
I had a complete crisis recently when most places stopped selling the only one that truly moisturised my dry lips (Blistex Herbal Balm, in a green tube)! I now find ASDA WalMart still sells it, so I bulk buy a few at a time... I like to use that one during the day, Blistex Intensive Moisture at night (in a little red and white tub, can be interchanged with Carmex if necessary), and Blistex Medicated a couple of times a day for a real strong fix. I ALWAYS have at least one lipbalm somewhere about my person, usually about 3 in my bag, pockets, etc.

Indeed, as I type, I have just got back to mine and my boyfriend's home after a trip back up the motorway to my parents - and had freaked out as I had already lost all my lipbalms (however many I have, in the car, in my handbag, around the house, I ALWAYS get to a point where I only have one left), and had now left my 'emergency balm' at my parents! Luckily I have 'emergency-backup balms' in my handbag - Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream (supposed to be the best, but after a while using it my lips are drier than ever), a Stila tinted lip balm (the best tinted one I've ever found, the only one to actually moisturise, but not as good as my favourites) and various lip glosses - which don't really help, but can disguise the problem til I find a balm...

Jeez, I can't believe there are fellow lipbalm freaks, I think I need to go lie down...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38107

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review