All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Need help with e.p.t. test!!!!!!
      #236201 - 01/06/06 08:10 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Ok, so here's my deal. My cycle is irregular. Which makes planning to make a baby more difficult, because I can never precisely count when ovulation will be. Sometimes it's 27 days long, sometimes 33. Annoying.
So On Tuesday I was at day 29, no symptoms of a period, took a test. I THINK it was negative, (but now I'm second guessing myself).
Here I am on Friday, NO period, NO cramps, bloating or other PMS symptoms, and waking up annoyed because if I'm going to get my period let me just get it and get it over with and move on to the next cycle!!
So this morning, I have one test left, an e.p.t., and I take it...and I THINK it's positive and I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!! But it's not a very STRONG positive, it's kind of faint over all (it's a +/- test), but I swear it's there.
So I need help interpreting, and like the nerd I am, I took a pic and here it is. If you can see it, let me know what you think!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need help with e.p.t. test!!!!!! new
      #236203 - 01/06/06 08:15 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Ginger if there is even the slightest line on it then you have the HCG hormone in you and are probably pregnant. My last pregnancy/miscarriage I has a very faint line. But it was there. This looks like something is there. I would buy some more tests and do one tomorrow and again on Sunday. They should get darker and then I would call your OBGYN on Monday!!

Funny story... new
      #236216 - 01/06/06 08:37 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

When my friend became pregnant for her little girl...she came barging through my back door (my husband was building our deck at the time and she knew that back door would be open) into my kithen waving her ept stick around shouting "I'm pregnant....I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was happy and jumping around the kitchen with her, we were both crying as she had had fertility issues and then it occured to me "you peed on that thing and you're waving it around in my kitchen!" When I told her what I was thinking, we both sat down on the floor and laughed hysterically for a good long time!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Yeah, my test hasn't left my sight all morning!!!--nt new
      #236222 - 01/06/06 08:49 AM
epa_ginger

--------------------

That looks like Luke's 1st test did (my now 7 yo)!!! new
      #236231 - 01/06/06 09:23 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: GIRL, THAT IS SOOO POSITIVE!!! new
      #236232 - 01/06/06 09:23 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

It says on the pamphlet that even if you can BARELY see it at all, that it's positive. You better go get a blood test done to make sure, but the way I'm looking at it.....it's very positive!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: You're PREGNANT!!!!! new
      #236237 - 01/06/06 09:33 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Girlfriend, I'm an EXPERT on epts and that is definitely a POSITIVE!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about it not being very dark, thats ok. Don't torture yourself with repeating tests over and over to see if they get darker, it doesn't work that way with epts! Call your dr!!! Get a blood test and a hcg level and CELEBRATE because you are pregnant!!!! Waahooo!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#236238 - 01/06/06 09:34 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Looks like it to me !! You could always buy a different brand. Some detect the hcg hormone sooner than others.

Thanks everyone!!! new
      #236240 - 01/06/06 09:39 AM
epa_ginger

I am TOTALLY freaking out, cause sure I've been hoping, but trying to be realistic, and here I am home by myself all day and just in a total daze! I haven't even eaten yet (great huh?).
I think what I'll do is take another test tomorrow, and then Sunday, and if I get positives, I'll call the doctor monday.

I'm not telling ANYONE here (except my husband, and I may wait till tomorrow cause why should we both be disappointed?), until it's been a while. I'm still trying to be realistic about everything.
YIKES!!!!!!!!

--------------------

#236244 - 01/06/06 09:53 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Here is a website that has information on all pregnancy tests. Maybe it will help. web page

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13037

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review