All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: doing good... gonna make homemade pizza for shabbos new
      #236565 - 01/07/06 06:17 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Sounds like fun Amie! How'd it go? I bet you make a mean pizza

It sounds like you have lots of friends where you live...that's terrific! How often are you able to get together...

Enjoy hubby

Thanks again for your love ans support *hugs*

Love you,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not exactly a sugar patch... new
      #236569 - 01/07/06 06:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Have you tried stevia, Ruchie? Research shows that it actually significantly reduces sugar cravings. It's natural, non-carcinogenic. It's been around for over 1500 years. The Japanese use it versus aspartame (which is banned in Japan). Why not try that? It's supposed to be good for digestion, even. I've read that taking 10-15 drops prior to a meal reduces appetite, even. It's available in powder form as well as liquid drops. Don't expect it to be sweet in quite the same way as sugar, though. Seriously, give it a shot. It's supposed to be really helpful for hypoglycemia. Zero calories, zero carbs. Hey, they put it in the new toothpaste I switched to, even--this one doesn't nearly make me gag or cause an a.m. attack.

How are you doing, today?

Kate.

No more stevia either Kate new
      #236571 - 01/07/06 06:48 PM
Snow for Sarala

Bad for the IC. Can you believe it?

Sugar btw is one of the few foods I CAN eat. Sugar and bread and dairy and meat YIKES! (Haven't had the sugar tho. None! I want to avoid it. But I'm hungry and I need food!)

I'm doing better! The doc has me alkalizing my urine. I went from a 6 at the doc visit to an 8 that night to a 5 this am and now back to an 8. It hurt most when I'm at low numbers...but it isn't the only thing that causes pain.

I am not eating very much still as I am terrified and it actually does hurt a bit to eat. I figure as I get better and have eliminated problem foods, the pain will become less and less and eating will be ok.

I can explain more details if you're interested...but my abdmone, vulva, pelvis, vaginal area, and bladder are a mess! And I will do what it takes to stop my bladder wall from being inflamed and harmed. So no cheating.

Sorry for rambling I guess this is how I'm doing today...still in pain but significantly improved...and determined to get into remission!!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Just my input on Stevia... new
      #236583 - 01/07/06 09:26 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I love this stuff. It has really helped me to reduce my intake, and now that I read Kate'ss words I realize my cravings aren't as bad as they were....

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

The stuff is great...but... new
      #236585 - 01/07/06 09:30 PM
Snow for Sarala

with my new diagnoses...I can't touch the stuff!

I'm glad it's helping you though...it really does help w/ those cravings.

Have some Stevia on me

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Wow, Ruchie...sorry I'm so late... new
      #236589 - 01/07/06 09:41 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

not really with it with this stupid stomach flu of the last 2 days.

you surehave a few new things on the list...sigh! But you sound so upbeat about it and I'm proud of you for that. I'm going to research your new things, so I can better understand them.

hugs to you and hey, diagnoses means treatment, which means feeling better. hang in there.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I'm so sorry Ruchie... new
      #236590 - 01/07/06 09:44 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I really feel for you, or at least I'm trying..:) I know I can't possibly know how you feel, but I know it must be a real bummer....Big hugs....

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Hard decision to make re surgery and more info. on the conditions new
      #236627 - 01/08/06 08:19 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...a toughie.

Are you on Elavil? I know that's often rx'ed for Vulvodynia...and I think the new drugs for nerve pain (Neourotin?) can help with that too. There's lots of options anyway.

Re: Hard decision to make re surgery and more info. on the conditions new
      #236641 - 01/08/06 09:42 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Quote:

My question for you: If you could do surgery for IBS to make the pain go away (and IBS was actually doing damage to your intenstines) would you do it or would you try to just do it with diet alone and see what happens??

Well, I'd definitely have surgurey for my IBS is there was such a thing. For sure. I wish there was surgery. Of course, this is after years of trying diet alone...so maybe my answer would have been different at the start...but now, I'd most definitely have it.

But please don't let my choice influence your decision. It's your body, Ruchie.

I wish I could take some of this away from you...but just know I love you and send you infinite gentle ((((((((hugs))))))!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Sending you many hugs, Ruch! new
      #236647 - 01/08/06 09:58 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I HATE that you're still in pain!!

You are MUCH TOO SWEET to have to be going through all this crap!!! We gotta get you better!!!

Kate is right about that Stevia! It's awesome stuff as long as you get the kind that doesn't have that bitter aftertaste! I use it everyday. I use it for everything...I want to get the powder so I can sprinkle it on stuff. I only have the liquid and it doesn't taste very good saturated on my toast!!! LOL!!

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything, I'm only an email away, K???!!!

LOVE YOU, HON!!
((((((((HUGS))))))))

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 239 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41706

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review