All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Poochi .... new
      #236265 - 01/06/06 11:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Carol, you have a super life! I'm glad you're in mine *hugs*

P.s. You always make me laugh...you know that?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 3 new diagnoses and one to be confirmed with surgery new
      #236266 - 01/06/06 11:03 AM
Snow for Sarala

Angela,

Thanks for the support! I need it right now...

This is a LOT to deal with! It was tough with the doc throwing all that info. my way while I could hardly stay in my seat!! I'm thankful for the internet so I can learn some of this stuff AND go the bathroom in/be

Anyhow...I truly appreciate all the love you are sending my way...thanks! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Perma-hugs! new
      #236267 - 01/06/06 11:03 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ruchie, I send an infinite supply of perma-hugs (totally gentle! only upon demand/request). Hey, I've got tons in reserve as I never hug anymore physically (no-body here!) and more where they came from.

Autoimmune disorders SUCK. They never go away. I have 2. So, apart from that I send prayers & empathy. At best they are managed. Yes, we adapt. And you're strong. So, I'm sending prayers for G-d to send you what you need. Courage & strength my dear friend. Treat yourself with positive distractions as you learn/process more. Magazines? Journals? Your newfound knitting hobby? You're worth the small very affordable treats/delights.

Tons of VANILLA hugs.

Katie.

Re: gentle *HUGS* new
      #236268 - 01/06/06 11:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

Well...for now I'm doing research trying to learn as much as I can. The more I know the better I feel about the decisions I am making.

I had better go to the library and get some good books...what a fab idea! Thanks for that :-) :-)

Hoping to do something out-doory this weekend (but some of the pain will have to go away so I can get a good night's sleep...and the frequency will need to slow down...)

If not...I can DREAM/WRITE about it.

You all have such wonderful ideas!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#236269 - 01/06/06 11:08 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I don't know what to say! On the one hand, I think it's great you actually saw a doctor who listened and who was able to give you some answers. On the other hand, it must be overwhelming to deal with all this and understand what it will mean in your life. But, you know what? You ARE a strong person and you have the support of your IBS family, your doctor, and your hubby.

So, how are you doing today? What did your husband have to say about it?

*Gentle hugs*

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/06/06 11:11 AM)

Re: Oh Ruchie...... new
      #236271 - 01/06/06 11:14 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks for the hugs Barbie!! It means a lot...

I told hubby that I have friends here all over the globe...I'm so thankful! If I have to be in pain at least I know I'm loved

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Huge (but gentle) hug! new
      #236275 - 01/06/06 11:20 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Dan.

Yeah...something IS wrong. And it is pretty serious.

I don't really understand it yet, PFD. Or vulvodynia for that matter. I will keep you posted!!

Maybe you all can help me...I am SO intimidated by knitting! All my life I've had ADD and LD's and been told what I can/cannot do. And the truth is...I've never been able to follow instructions from a book or things from pictures. I've always been more of a hands-on learner. So i am having a tough time even TRYING knitting. I try and I leave it for a few hours. I try again...leave it. It's like I get sooo psyched out! I WANT to learn but I'm sfared or something, make sese?

Anyway...

No fam around. Other end of the country No close friends here I can go to for hugs or anything...

But I have a super therapist and all of you, friends in other states who I talk to and hubby. I need to find a way to talk more to others and less to hubby!

Ahh...the idea of having someone come over and shmooze and do the dishes is a DREAM for now...

I think I will do some writing and perhaps write about why I'm so scared of knitting even...and perhaps write about what I'm experiencing...not really escapism huh?

Keep thinking

Thanks for the concern and caring...much appreciated!

Ruchie

P.>s how are you doing? No attacks today I hope!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#236276 - 01/06/06 11:22 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thank Terri! *hugs*

It means a lot to hear from you :-) :-)

Yes...it's SO import. to stay close to G-d right now! I asked Him to help the doc help me...and He def answered my prayers by giving me such a super doc

Thanks for the support and ideas....you're super

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#236277 - 01/06/06 11:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

I am SO thankful to have the Dx as much as I hate that I have to them...at least we can help me get better

Thanks for your positive attitude Linz *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ah, Ruchie new
      #236279 - 01/06/06 11:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hey BL!

IC, interstitial cystitis, is an inflimation (sp) of the bladder wall.

My understanding is that eating harmful foods ebbs away at the bladder wall (like eating gluten ebbs away at your intestinal wall with celiac...if I'm wrong someone correct me!) and some rare cases people get their bladder replaced (these are very very bad cases!) Basically...eat right or HURT! Seriously...it causes pain as well as frequency and probs w/ intercourse as well as incontinence.

PFD, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction is not something I understand yet. I think Dan is correct that it is muscular...but I have to learn more.

Vulvodynia I don't really have a clue yet! I just know diet helps.

Thanks for asking about it...the fact that you want to learn more makes me feel VERY supported *hugs*

Yeah, it's a full load. But I believe I can carry it (esp. with so much love from all of you!) if G-d gave it to me. Easy to say...not easy to do...

How are you doing? How's the house? Update me

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41695

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review