All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Excellent! new
      #236200 - 01/06/06 08:09 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

That's a great report Tina, thanks for indulging my neverending curiosity!

It was lovely to have Tommy's parents there, it must have been so nice for them to be a part of it too.

The whole husband calling thing is fun. We are married 3 months now and the novelty hasn't worn off at all

We have a new name for the "you know"- it's called "honeymooning"! I never did get P to lift me over the threshold of our house as I was too tired and embarrassed (our door is very public and our neighbours are strange people who we don't know)

Good luck with all the paperwork- I'm sure that Tommy doesn't know his luck having you there all the time now

Sinead's wedding planning tips (well you DID ask!)
-Agree a guest list ASAP (this is one of the few things that cause P and I endless hassle, especially with our parents- DO NOT, repeat DO NOT give your parents any say! Give them a number of people if you are letting them invite friends/family that they want to invite and make them stick to it or else do what I did, tell them "I thought that I would like to invite X and Y- mine were genuinely delighted that I wanted some of their friends there at all so they only asked me to add 2 couples which I conceded, we asked P's parents to give us a list of the people that they would like to ask to OUR wedding, their list was 140 people!)

-Try to be realistic about things and only fuss about things that are genuinely important (you will be amazed what you THINK is important at various stages over the next couple of months) This is the best piece of advice that anyone gave me.

-Give in to your intended on things that are more important to them than they are to you

-Don't get bogged down in the detail or the expense, the things people commented most on at our wedding were not the most expensive things, they were the most personal things that we had done, like writing our own vows, the music that we chose.

-Enjoy every minute of letting the wedding take over your life- enjoy the browsing in Bridal boutiques, the choosing the flowers, the lot.

-Websurf for ideas. (I know I don't need to tell you this but still) I'll email you a link with some good sites that I found for flowers as it was one thing that i knew zip about before I started looking. I found a fab bouquet online and everyone thought it was really unusual.

-Remember that what is important about the day is that you get to marry the man that you love and declare your love for him in front of friends and family.

-It WILL be the best day of your life, mine was

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I do too! next time I'm in the area we'll have to meet.. new
      #236211 - 01/06/06 08:33 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

The last trip was too last minute and family busy to do much- we did make the city for a few hours but spent that time with Nyla, David, the girl and then dinner with my parents and a bunch of old family friends that I hadn't seen in awhile...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: For flowers.... new
      #236224 - 01/06/06 08:51 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Consider getting ones that are in season at the time of the wedding. They'll be cheaper not to mention fresher!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Congrats! That is soooo cool!!! You're wedding set is gorgeous!!~nt~ new
      #236229 - 01/06/06 09:20 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: An announcement to make!!!! new
      #236253 - 01/06/06 10:26 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

CONGRATULATIONS Tina & Tommy!! I'm so happy for you!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Congrats!!! new
      #236361 - 01/06/06 03:54 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

That's so wonderful! Many happy wishes to you both. BTW, off the subject, were you able to get any relief from your migraines?

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Congratulations!!! new
      #236368 - 01/06/06 04:15 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'm so happy for you guys! That's so great Congratulations...I wish you two a lifetime of happiness So Tina, you're going to be a New Yorker now eh?

Re: Yeah- what Sinead said... but also from an old married gal... new
      #236382 - 01/06/06 04:52 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yes, the planning was fun and the day was wonderful and I'll never forget it. But you know, the only thing that matters is that you walk down that aisle and get married. Nothing else really matters. I mean they matter, but you know? they're just details. What will people really remember? The love you share, having a good time with friends and family. Are they likely to remember tablecloths and flowers and what they ate? Not too likely. Expect things to go wrong - and keep a cool head and do your best, but the day of - que sera!
One thing that worked with both of my mothers - they were allowed to give me advice, which I promised to consider and be open to, but so long as they respected my decision without arguing about it. It was a good deal.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Too cute.... Mrs. Tommy NY! new
      #236387 - 01/06/06 05:20 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

you are too funny Tommy! Well whatever you guys were first for it's still wonderful!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

CONGRATULATIONS! new
      #236393 - 01/06/06 05:41 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm very happy for you both!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 427 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23327

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review