All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Verbal D. new
      #236027 - 01/05/06 01:56 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Ohh, I'm having a D day, very few and far between, lately. But it's a D day! I'm relieved but can't go anywhere, LOL!

I had ice cream three days ago, and accidentally had avocado in sushi(I'm allergic, recall...IBS intolerant especially.)but was FINE that day. Scary, eh?

Then I had a laxative two days ago,due to some pretty serious C, but felt flushed out by early yesterday, and now as of last night, I'm crampy and D. Weird.

Oh well, like I always say, when I am A, I'd prefer to be D than C, because I feel sooooo much thinner, LOL! I will take it however I can.

My little pumpkin had a GI infection show up on the 29th and it brought a fever, diarrhea, pukes and major listlessness.It peaked on New Years eve, so we were there in the hospital with her.

Ironically, that was the only NYE I've ever spent WITH my husband...the nature of the restaurant industry. But we came home and she's OK now. Thank God, because it scared Mommy.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Verbal D. new
      #236041 - 01/05/06 02:21 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Shannon! I'm sorry to hear about your daughter being so sick! That must have been so scary for you.

I hope you start feeling better too.

Thanks, maria... new
      #236100 - 01/05/06 06:27 PM
_Willow

Yep, it was so hard to watch. She's been in the hosp. before but never poked, never prodded, just for mini-asthma attacks.This was awful; watching her get a catheter almost killed both of us.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I guess there is more understanding among all of us than I realized! new
      #236103 - 01/05/06 06:33 PM
_Willow

What is your DH's lung condition if you don't mind my asking?
And yes, if it wasn't for God, I don't know who or where I'd be.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I hate to hear of your suffering new
      #236116 - 01/05/06 07:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ruchie, you are so brave. I hope they solve this situation & provide helpful information. It's unfair that you must experience such discomfort & pain & suffering daily. You are in my prayers, dear friend. I hope hubby is comforting/helpful as well. Please keep us posted. I'm so worried about you.

More very gentle hugs,
Kate.

Re: Sorry, hon......I just saw this. new
      #236168 - 01/06/06 06:19 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey, girlfriend....First of all ((((((BIG HUGS))))))))~~~

I really hate to hear that you're going through all this.

You don't have to go through it alone.... It's good that you can come here where there are soo many people that support you..... I can tell that you are very loved!!

You want my recipe for baked fries??? Okay it goes down just like this....... Peel the potato using one of those carrot peelers (don't do it with just a plain knife, it takes forever!!)....cut it up, spray the pan with light cooking spray (Pam or whatever). Put the potatoes on the pan, spray them very lightly with the cooking spray if you wish (I do, they turn out crispier) and bake at 400 for about what.......40 mins...Viola!!! I don't use any spices or anything because of my GERD.

Thanks for asking about me!! I have went 4 nights without waking up with reflux!! I'm very excited!!

I still have bad days, but they're NOT AS BAD, as they have been. I do feel like I'm getting ready to have a mean attack right now, though.......I took 2 Imodium to stop my D attack two days ago and haven't went since then. So, it's about that time!!! Uh....Oh....gotta go!!

But, my GERD is definitely getting better!!

I hope you get better sooooooon, girl!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: I guess there is more understanding among all of us than I realized! new
      #236220 - 01/06/06 08:46 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Bronchiectasis. He was first misdiagnosed with a pulmonary sequestration, but further tests and two more doctors later, we are confirmed Brochiectasis. I'd tell you more about it, but in a nutshell, it is a damaged place on the brochial tree that won't clear properly. This results in repeating pneumonias/infections that set off the worst coughing you've ever heard in your life! Antibiotics clear it up, and inhalers keep it clear most of the time.

The doctor treating said that the surgery to remove the lobe would become necessary only if the infections get untreatable/unresponsive. We've been "medically managing" this since 2001. There are periods of wax/wane...sometimes as long as 4 months without antibiotics....sometimes 10 day rounds that repeat every 6 weeks. Just depends on weather/rest/exposure. Hope this makes sense.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Shannon! Is your daughter ok?? new
      #236256 - 01/06/06 10:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I must have missed this....

Is she alright?? Are you alright? That's why I hadn't heard from you...

I'm SO sorry you had to go through all of this *hugs* Please update...

*hugs* Love you!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks, Ashley *hugs* n-t new
      #236257 - 01/06/06 10:39 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thank you Bama! *hugs* It means a lot... n-t new
      #236259 - 01/06/06 10:43 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 902 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19136

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review