All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
I know you all will understand....edited
      #235294 - 01/02/06 09:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I have nothing left to eat. (Ok, that's an exxageration...but that's how it FEELS!)

No dairy (bad for IBS and sinus probs)

No fruit (bad for IC)

No cruciferous veggies (IBS)

No store bought bread (HFCS is bad for IBS and ascorbic acid is bad for IC)

I can eat no vinegar, (this means no mustard and no mayo), I can have no caffeine (no more migriane help...and caffeine actually gave me a loose stool--which is a nice change when you can't have a BM day after day), the only spices I CAN eat are basil, garlic, and oregano.

I'm allergic to tomatoes AND they are bad for the IC.

No more avocados. No more bananas. No soy either. no brown rice or whole grains. No white rice (allergic...can you believe the stuff gives me welts?? But I'm not having probs with gluten anymore...so it's not the gluten. My body changes SO much I can't keep up!!)

Ok...now for what I CAN eat!
I CAN eat meat, fish (not smoked thank you), plain white bread, lettuce, the OCCASIONAL pear or apple, sugar (bad for the hypoglycemia and immune system so I usually stay away), and a few veggies (like corn is ok and lettuce and and maybe one or two others), and eggs (though I'm not sure yet).

I am just feeling sorry for myself and need some hugs. I went to the store and bought all these foods cause my IC was in remission and it came back.

It's just so frustrating.

Ok...so here's my plan:

Eat leftover flanken soup w/out the flanken. Make baked garlic chicken one night this week. Another night I'll have baked oregano chicken. Another night I'll have a sweet potato for dinner with some fish.

Lunches will be hard. I suppose I could just eat the same thing for lunch and then again for dinner?

Breakfast will be french bread every morning, all the time

I'm concerned that I will have probs with gluten soon though if I eat it too much! I guess I can get myself re-adjusted to things and then try to eat less wheat all the time?

I just hate that my body is so warped and that I am constantly re-adjusting my menu to fit it. And that I buy stuff and have to throw it away.

I know many of you are SO much worse off than this...so please forgive me for complaining. I'm hurting right now...and it makes me very emotional and irrational. Thanks for letting me post to try to figure it all out. You all rock!!

If you have any suggestions...or even just some extra love to give...please sned it my way! I'll get through this...but I need the help and support and LOVE from my IBS fam. I know you guys and gals understand pain (can you imagine though having pain not only in your gut but your abdomen, fibro muscle stiffness, AND your ahem....!) Sometimes it's just too much to cry alone....I need hugs!)

I hope everyone here feels GOOD and is healthy as can be!!! *hugs*

I love you all, thank you SO MUCH for reading,

Ruch

Edited: After giving this some more thought, this could be a very good thing for me! It will cut out the fruit (sugar) and it will make me take inventory of every bite I take. It will help me appreciate life more and the times that are pain-free more. This will help me live a healthier life...just like the IBS diet has!

This will be for the good. It's just up to me to make it this way.

Thanks for teaching me soo much through all your posts and love everyone *hugs*

Umm...don't forget the hugs, ok

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

*hugs!* new
      #235334 - 01/03/06 07:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't have any real good advice, except that if you can have eggs, and you can still have almond milk, you can make yourself french toast for breakfast. I love french toast. Between that and pancakes (which, I think, you'll also be able to make, if you can have the eggs and almond milk), I could seriously just eat that and die happy, haha. It's a lot more interesting than just eating "bread" for breakfast!

I would do baked potatoes for lunches. Regular potatoes, sweet potatoes, whatever. Make them into piles of oven fries. I have definitely eaten nothing but oven fries for lunch many, many times. If that makes you feel a little unbalanced, have a veggie that you can eat with them.

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on dinner already. Something my mom likes to make for dinner now and then - a total throw-together - is to saute up a bunch of veggies (she usually uses onion, garlic, broccoli, and carrots, but you can use whatever you can eat), throws in some diced chicken breast, and cooks it till it's just done, and then mixes the entire thing with some cooked shell macaroni. Back when I was still struggling to eat, with the bad IBS, I often just made it with chicken and macaroni and whatever seasonings I could handle, and it was still a nice change from baked chicken night after night.

Ok, so maybe I did have a few ideas. LOL

*hugs*

Re: *hugs!* new
      #235339 - 01/03/06 08:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Casey had some good ideas, as usual! The french toast for breakfast sounds very yummy!!! Can you make some extra chicken when you make it for dinner and then slice it thin for sandwiches the next day for lunch? Can you eat hummus? Will usues that instead of mayo on sandwiches a lot!

I don't really have any other food suggestions but wanted to send more hugs your way! You are a wonderful person and I value your friendship!!!!! Lots of love and hugs!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I know you all will understand....edited new
      #235347 - 01/03/06 08:13 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

first of all, I just want to give you BIG BIG BIG BIG ((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!!!!!

I didn't know your diet was so restricted!! We're like twins!!

Casey is right with the whole potato thing, if you can handle those. I can't handle A LOT of stuff right now but I can ALWAYS seem to handle potatoes okay.

I wish I could cure you! This sucks......hang in there!!

Love you!
BIG BIG *HUGS*!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#235357 - 01/03/06 08:37 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Dearest Ruchie -
I think the most difficult thing is to realize that a chronic health problem is just that...cronic! DH has bad lungs. To hear the doctor tell us that a bad x-ray was "normal" for him was hard. That cloudy, infected place is his "normal". His coughing/perpetual anti-biotic refills ect is his normal.

My son had his seizure follow-up yesterday. Another year and 1/4 of nasty meds and blood work,,,all the time praying there are no more seizures...is his new "normal".

My IBS...thinking I'm stable one minute and doubled over in pain the next...is my normal. We do understand. Acceptance and adjustments ARE hard! And extra hugs, love and prayers always help!!!

I am sending you a heartful of love and many prayers that 2006 will be blessed with much happiness and love and that you will always be the steady voice of encouragement to all of us who come here for support and friendship! YOU are a champ and I appreciate you!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Hey that sounds like my diet! new
      #235399 - 01/03/06 10:16 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I can eat meat, fish and eggs too, and the ever popular plain white bread. I can't do lettuce or apples or pears tho. I don't do any of the foods you listed you can't either, plus I can't have fruits or veggies unless they're green veggies boiled within an inch of their life.

In short I can completely relate!

Listen, don't fret. The key is to write down each dish you prepare. At the end of the week you'll have 21 dishes. Then try some variations. I'll do boilled chicken with salt, chicken broth, plus some toast tips drizzled with olive oil. Freeze some ginger ale in the freezer for a frozen dessert.

You're just going to be eating to survive for a while, but then cheating will be so worth it later.

Hang in there!!!!!!

~nelly~

#235404 - 01/03/06 10:24 AM
mara584

Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: New York, bronx

I know how you feel, your post has brought me to tears. I with rice and baked fish. Hot ginger tea. Today. I got nusea with chicken soup. My doctors all looked confused. My family wants me to chnage him.

I do understand new
      #235409 - 01/03/06 10:35 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I don't get to post much anymore but I was lurking about here during a brief break and wanted to offer a great big

((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))

to you, my friend. We DO understand. It is totally normal to get into a "funk" about how limited and controlled we have to be... especially when we may not be seeing immediate results that it's doing much good. Hang in there!!! You seem to be gaining some insights about yourself and that in and of itself is progress.

Vent away!! It is healthy.

Hugs again!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

*HUG* I totally understand.. new
      #235426 - 01/03/06 11:14 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

thats why I bought a bread machine- but seperate from that... if oyu can have the other things in it- try bisquick light pancake mix made with egg whites and any type of milk (soy, rice, almond all work) as an option for breakfast or even lunch or dinner...

Bill gets so sick of eating what I can that we fix our own dinners.. that helps a lot, and just eat together on occasion.. another question- can you handle hummus? if you can handle the beans- mix them with garlic and water and pita is a safe bread...

if you can handle beans in general- mom bean dip works well on sandwiches and can be adjusted to use the spices you can handle easily- beans with some OJ/water and spices mashed... works well as a paste (like peanut butter) on bread or as a dip if made a little thinner on carrots- I have been known to add tomato paste and all kinds of other things to it but not always!

Good luck!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Oh, *****HUGS***** new
      #235453 - 01/03/06 12:55 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Ruchie,
That is a huge pain in the butt you have! Geez!
I mean, I can eat anything pretty much right now, but I shouldn't....and my pain is far from excruiciating. I can't imagine how frustrating that feels for you right now.

Hugs, and you have such an incredibly positive attitude about this, it's VERY inspiring! You amaze me.

Question for you, What's IC-interstitial cystitis? And if so, how does food affect it? And why do people get ovaries that are so mean to them?? Not fair!

All my love,
Shan

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 362 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19037

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review