All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Oh yes, chicken soup.... new
      #235457 - 01/03/06 01:01 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

that bothers me too. I wonder why?

And nausea, if I didn't have that 24/7 I don't think I'd HAVE IBS very much at all. That's my only continuous symptom. I get paranoid thinking I'm pregnant.

Ok, I'm rambling.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I know you all will understand....edited new
      #235460 - 01/03/06 01:08 PM
_Willow

Quote:

My IBS...thinking I'm stable one minute and doubled over in pain the next...is my normal. We do understand. Acceptance and adjustments ARE hard!

It's funny you should say this, because it took me a while to get used to the fact that I'll be fine for weeks and then knocked on my butt with IBS for 2 days straight, over something previously safe.

and yet I am so totally cool with the fact that I ahve to take my ventolin 4x a day every day, and am on 2 other strong asthma meds, and this is one of the most serious asthma cases out there...but it's normal.I'd give anything to be an athlete, but, this is what God gave me and I'm OK with that. I guess after 30 years, you don't have a choice!LOL!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#235466 - 01/03/06 01:21 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ruchie, big hugs to you!

I completely know how you feel. Sometimes I get so frustrated when I'm in an IBS funk and feel like I can't eat anything at all. Especially when it's during the holidays, it just gets so darn depressing sometimes. I actually cried this past weekend for that very reason. But then I heard from a woman I talk to online who was having terrible problems with her MS, and that helped put things in perspective for me. It's sad that sometimes it takes something drastic like that to do it. Does IBS suck?? Oh yes!! But Casey had some great ideas for you, so try to remember that life will go on, and I'll do the same. Take care!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I totally understand! new
      #235467 - 01/03/06 01:22 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ruchie, I totally understand.

What works for awhile can change overnight, and then change again.

That's what being an organic human being in a human body is all about.

So, eat what works RIGHT NOW. Don't get stressed out about it. Don't be pushy with your body. Just listen/respond.
Don't feel guilty about trashing stuff that you cannot tolerate/eat. Honestly, I stopped feeling this way. If it's not something I can put in the Food Bank box then I toss it (unless my mother will eat it/wants it).

Focus on being nourished physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. It does have the bonus of a simplified menu.
I am the same way! Sometimes I go through long spells of just not being able to tolerate basic foods, so I don't eat them & feel better eating what I know can eat. I'm starting to go through this with certain foods, too & I feel MORE GUILTY re: feeding myself something that makes me feel unwell or ill. SO...(and I know this is borrowed from an age gone by) go with the flow.

And...sometimes things that manifest in the physical, it is my belief, are a part of psycho-spiritual lessons/journeys.

Don't worry about it. Just...respond. I can go for years with not being able to consume poultry or fish or certain veggies, specific grains, colours, herbs/spices, etc., only to have a complete changeover for no known reason seemingly overnight. We also need more of different nutrients at different times.

All will work out. It is just food.

Kate.

Good point, kree...and remember, new
      #235483 - 01/03/06 01:40 PM
_Willow

at least we're not eating through tubes in our guts. we Can have food, at least.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Hugs! new
      #235508 - 01/03/06 04:12 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

The biggest e-hug for Ruchie! there's no need to apologize for feeling bad - Its true that there are worse things out there, but IBS Sucks! Plus all the other issues you have to deal with, its no easy task. Still you manage to be such a great support for so many of us on the boards. I was so down last week and your posts really helped. So thank you and hang in there!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I guess there is more understanding among all of us than I realized! new
      #235561 - 01/04/06 05:33 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Too bad you have to deal with the breathing problems AND the IBS! At least at our house it is divided. (I know, sick humor! ) My DH's diagnosis is still kind of new to us, so I guess we keep hoping that place will just heal up and go away. We're beginning to accept his new normal and still waiting to see what my son's new normal will be!

God never allows anything He won't give us strength to handle! For that, I am thankful. THANK YOU for understanding too! I love this board!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Hugs! new
      #235578 - 01/04/06 07:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks Dan *smiles* You sure know how to pick someone up when they feel blue

How are you feeling btw?? No more attacks I hope!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I totally understand! new
      #235579 - 01/04/06 07:32 AM
Snow for Sarala

Y'know...we HAVE talked about this before Kate!!

Our bodies change so frequently...it's hard to keep up. Thank you for speaking out for me...and for always being there...and for keeping it in perspective:

It truly is JUST FOOD.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#235580 - 01/04/06 07:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

That hug is just TOO CUTE Kree *smiles*

You're right...there are worse off people than me for sure (unfortunately!) and it does help keep things in perspective. But at the same time...you're also correct that we're only human and sometimes it DOES hurt to have so much wrong.

You're so sweet and I want to thank you for being my friend...here's a *hug* backatchya!

P.S. How are you doing these days?? Did you get to have a yummy treat for the holidays after all?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 724 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19135

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review