All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Hey Cara! new
      #234717 - 12/30/05 05:56 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Just remember....it took 9 months to gain that weight and it may take 9 months to lose it so don't be hard on yourself if it doesn't come off right away! I gained 30lbs with my first and I remember doing 75 sit ups a night to try to lose the weight. Gosh what I'd do to have some of that weight on me now!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Year's Resolutions Everyone? new
      #234719 - 12/30/05 06:07 PM
LittleLisa

I kinda started mine a few months ago. I stopped biting my nails after 15 years and am doing very well with it. I don't normally make resolutions for New Years but I think maybe I'll consider letting my nails grow my resolution.

My hubby's phrase is that he made a New Years resolution long ago to never make a resolution. What a cop out! Anyway, it is very hard to make them and keep them and cheers to all who follow through with them!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Casey new
      #234720 - 12/30/05 06:11 PM
LittleLisa

How did you get 40lbs overweight?????? I thought you were a skinny minny when I first came on these boards. I need tips, please, please, on how to becoming even close to my "supposed to be weight!" I thought I remembered you saying that you were having trouble gaining?

P.S. Love your new pic. Your hair looks cute that length. Of course your hair looks good at any length

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Thanks for sharing this, Melissa new
      #234732 - 12/30/05 06:47 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm going to print this out and try and remember to read it everyday...or at least on the days I'm really struggling.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I never make resolutions either, but... new
      #234738 - 12/30/05 06:59 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

....if I did they would be (in no particular order):
1. learn to knit
2. Organize and clean the cluttered apartment
3. gain at least 10 pounds
4. let go of my anxiety over having IBS and pray more that God helps me deal with it instead of me fighting it.
5. Find a man!
6. Get in touch with my childhood friend...and another friend who lives close by
7. Get a better paying job
8. Make a decision about where I want to live...and then do it.
9. Spend more time reading the Bible.

Oy, I have too much to work on...this is why I don't make resolutions! Too overwhelming.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Casey new
      #234746 - 12/30/05 08:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I *was* a skinny minny... a bad spell of IBS attacks triggered my anorexia and I stopped eating. I never had trouble gaining - I had trouble eating. Once they put me on meds for my anxiety problems, I stopped being afraid of food and the weight came back on VERY quickly.

I've really had a hard time with it - I liked being underweight, even though I know I was sick then. As long as I'm on these meds, I'm never going to be skinny like that again. Sigh.

Anyway - what put the pounds back on me is ignoring portion sizes and pigging out, especially on cereal. Rice Krispies, Cocoa Crispies, and Corn Pops, especially. They don't fill me up, and I can seriously demolish a box of cereal in 2 days' time - or less. For that reason, I CANNOT have cereal in the house anymore.

The only way to gain weight is to take in more calories than you're burning. It sounds like you have a pretty fast metabolism (you lucky duck!). You need to eat more. Don't be afraid to snack more, eat higher-calorie foods, and bigger portion sizes than you are eating now.

If you've already tried that... then darnit, I guess you're stuck being small. I hate you. (JUST KIDDING!! But god, I wish I had that problem! I've struggled with my weight since I was 10!)

Augie, I ahve ten pounds if you want them! new
      #234752 - 12/31/05 12:01 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

That will help me start on one of my resos!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ashley, That's always my first one....but this year.... new
      #234753 - 12/31/05 12:03 AM
_Willow

i'm adding more to it. More later.....

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

In my broken promises to myself to lose weight... new
      #234754 - 12/31/05 12:07 AM
_Willow

(I have avery hard time because I have really really severe asthma and anything beyond walking outside in warm,non-allergen infested air nearly kills me) but anyhow, I promised myself long ago that if I lost the weight, I could go shop at Banana Republic. I LOVE that store, it's SO expensive, but it's gorgeous! So there's one goal...

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ladies.... new
      #234755 - 12/31/05 12:14 AM
_Willow

Hey!

I have to say that I would love to be a support system to you too, and you for me, because I ahve MORE than 40 to lose, but man, 40 would be very close to feeling fantastic for me. I think I'll be taking up yoga or going to a class...haven't decided, all depends on how much money I end up with and how teaching goes etc.

Anyhow, I'll support you, you support me. And get this dang chocolate away form me! I ahven't had a bad IBS attack in weeks and have been SINNING so badly!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 800 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22216

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review