All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
I agree! -nt- new
      #235304 - 01/02/06 11:02 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I prefer setting goals to making resolutions... new
      #235368 - 01/03/06 09:01 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! This list of goals for those suffering from chronic illness is great! These are things I need to work on as well. Thanks for posting this.

Edited by SPASMTASTICAL! (01/03/06 09:02 AM)

Re: New Year's Resolutions Everyone? new
      #235390 - 01/03/06 09:57 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I need to have more patience. This will help my IBS as I won't stress over stupid stuff. I will also continue to learn about what helps my IBS, Keeping a more detailed food journal. But, the one thing I've been needing to do is continue to get closer to my Lord. Our church is going thru a very hard time & I am feeling the effects spiritually.

I hope all of us continue to learn, grow, & help each other out in new ways. This site has been one of the biggest blessings to me this year!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Good list, Mel!!! -nt- new
      #235411 - 01/03/06 10:39 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Weight gain new
      #235415 - 01/03/06 10:48 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

Not fat, just muscle. I seem to have a difficult time putting it on, too. I think I found some things that are helping that, though. I'm tired of being 102lbs!

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

#235503 - 01/03/06 03:44 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I always forget to make New Year's Resolutions, which is probably better since I have limited will power. But I guess I start late with a couple:

- Exercise more and decide whether to keep the membership at the gym or not

- Make more "me" time

- Stop smoking (bad habit I picked up this year)

--------------------
- Jennifer

#235541 - 01/03/06 08:43 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Mine are kind of random but I think I'll be able to stick to them somewhat ...

In no particular order, they are:
Throw / give things away (I'm a packrat)
Read the daily Gospel every day / pray more
Keep a journal
Be healthier (gym / cut portions)
And this one is kind of weird but I'm vowing to continue on my own to do the things I enjoyed in my relationship with my ex-bf. For example, we travelled a ton. Now I'm planning a 4-week trip to Asia with some girls from school for after we finish the Bar exam.

I also might start writing a book (more on that later, don't really want to talk about it until it gets rolling)

Things I'm excited about for 2006

I will graduate from Law School! I will finish the Bar Exam on my 25th Birthday! I will travel the world with my friends! I will earn an actual paycheck!

Things I'm not too psyched about ...

Turning 25
Still being single
Not having a puppy or the time / money / room to get one

That's all!

Best of luck to you all in your resolutions!

Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#235550 - 01/04/06 01:21 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I don't usually make resolutions but this year I made a general one- "to cop on" (not sure if this means the same thing in American/Canadian but it means to have some sense about things)

The things I am "copping on" about are:

1. Diet- I gained 6/7lbs over Christmas and want to lose most of it. I also want to get back to eating healthier, like I did this time last year which really raised my energy levels. I want to get fit again too, I was in really good shape before the wedding, today I panted up the seven stories of stairs to work.

2. Housework- it bugs me when it's not done, but I can't motivate myself to do it so I am going to make a conscious effort.

3. Finances- I consolidated college loans last year and now have my credit cards in check, so I want to keep it that way.

4.Get a new job! Tired of my current one.

2005 was a huge year for me, if 2006 is half as good it'll be great

--------------------
S.

#235552 - 01/04/06 01:27 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Panda-

I didn't realise that you and BF had split, hope you are OK, it may be some time ago as I have been off the radar a bit, but wanted to say hang in there.

Turning 25 is scary alright, I turn 30 this year (that looks so much older written down!), I think milestone ages focus your mind a lot.

It will be so great to finish law school, I qualified when I was just turned 26 and it was such a great feeling.

I think your resolution to keep doing the things that you enjoyed with your ex is a great one. It means that you won't associate all the fun things just with him and mourn the loss of the relationship and the things as one. Very healthy attitude (can I come to Asia too?)

--------------------
S.

yup, splitsville ... new
      #235560 - 01/04/06 05:20 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Thanks for the support, Sinead. We did split up for good about 3 months ago. I can't even remember if I talked about it much on the boards or not, and I think you were travelling / honeymooning. Things had been difficult for a few months, and breaking up just kind of became the obvious choice. We were both really upset about it, but it was the only thing left to do. I was at the point where, in order to continue our long-distance situation, I needed to know the relationship was definitely going somewhere. He didn't know what he wanted. I gave him months and months and months to think about it, and he still didn't know. So finally I had to make his mind up for him. It felt really empowering at the time, but a few months later I really miss him and wish we could have worked it out. Some days I'm not sure if I miss him in particular or if I'm just lonely. When you're with someone for so long it's hard to tell those feelings apart, I guess. I've gone on about a million dates and it's been mostly fun, but I haven't found anyone really worthwhile. Meanwhile I keep stupidly emailing the ex about once a month and he says he's not ready to connect with me, whatever that means. He's my brother's best friend, which makes this all so much more complicated, but also allows me to get an update once in a while from the bro, so I guess that's good for something. Who knows. My resolution last year was that by this new year, either he'd have changed our situation or I would. So I was already basically out of patience a year ago and I hung in until October. I don't think any more time would have helped, so I think I did the right thing. What's that stupid old song lyric though, tell that to my heart?!
Oh well, some day my prince will come!!!!!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22223

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review