All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anyone with thyroid issues? Got some questions ....
      #23416 - 10/14/03 06:57 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

OK 10 weeks postpartum and I am STILL boiling hot all the time, sweaty and my hair is falling out. Is that a sign of a thyroid thing or just a postpartum thing? I have a DR check up on Friday - I could use a little advice.
I'm tired of roasting to death and wearing shorts and T's when everyone else is in pants and sweaters.
My other Doc just increased my Paxil another 10 mg and I'm trying to deal with all this postpartum and OCD stuff and I'm frustrated that this is one more thing to top it all off. Thank God my IBS is under control. That's all I can say. I just had to blow off some steam. I hate fall. And yes, I'm very grumpy today. I will hopefully be my cheery self tomorrow on the board.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Edited by HanSolo (10/14/03 07:00 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh man! Loads of sympathy for what you're going through. - nt new
      #23419 - 10/14/03 07:10 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: Anyone with thyroid issues? Got some questions .... new
      #23424 - 10/14/03 07:33 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Oooh HanSolo that doesn't sound like fun - sorry.

I have a friend who is hypothyroid and sounds like alot of what you are going through and her thyroid issues started after the birth of her child.

Are you more tired than usual? Dumb question when you are 10 weeks postpartum. I remember her being tired to the point she couldn't get out of bed and I believe she was 3-4 months postpartum.

Good to know you are going to the doctor and hopefully you get some answers soon. Hope you feel better soon.

#23425 - 10/14/03 07:42 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I'm sorry your not feeling good. My mother has thyroid disease and you do have some symptoms. How is your vitamin intake? Are you still on prenatal or regular vits.? See how your tests come back. I have been experiencing hair loss also especially when I wash it. I had a Thryoid test in July03 they said all normal, but I m a little enemic, maybe you should have that checked? Good luck my prayers are with you.
Sherri

I feel for ya! new
      #23448 - 10/15/03 07:29 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Hans,

I have no advice (sorry) but I just wanted to say I am sorry you are going through such a tough time.

Keep your chin up. Things will get better

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#23620 - 10/16/03 02:56 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hansolo Hi!

I have hypothyroid and it's not bad once you get the pills going! I would ask to be checked. It's a simple blood test. No big deal. I was tired, no energy, dizzy, hot/cold!! It sound's like you could have it!! But your body is still trying to get back to normal after having a baby. It takes a good 6 months or longer to get back to normal! I have 2 kids. It's all the hormons. But do get the thyroid checked! I am on synthroid. I get checked every 6 months to make sure the med is working! It can take a few months to make sure you get the right dose!

As for your hair.....mine fell out for a good 6 months after my babies were born. That's normal!!!

Good luck! Hope I was a little help!

Steph

--------------------

#23847 - 10/18/03 08:11 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thanks, Steph. I got the blood test done this week.
As for the hair, well, maybe it's time for a radical new do. I'm thinking of getting it all cut off anyway.

--------------------

#23877 - 10/19/03 09:00 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

This is just hearsay, something a pregnant friend told me once, but apparently when you're pregnant the hormones affect your hair growth, and rather than growing in spurts like normal, it grows continuously. Then after you give birth, that ends, and so some of your hair falls out. Does that make sense?

#23905 - 10/19/03 04:13 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I was going to mention the hair thing too. My hair would grow so much while I was pregnant. I have thick hair and it look like a bush by the time the baby came. My hair came out in clumps at 5 months with Madeline and at 3 months with Meike. I nursed Meike only 2 months and Madeline I nursed until she was 8 months. It would start just before my cycle started again. The hormone thing would explain the timing. I thought it was a combination on hormones and the vitamins.

#23906 - 10/19/03 04:16 PM
torbetta

I tried for the radical hair thing with both my kids. I went real short when Madeline was about 6 months and after Meike I wanted everything in my life different. I decided to grow it out. I also rearanged my house and did some redecorating. What you have said about your new little girl reminds me so much of Meike. They are fun. I hope she is doing better.

#24112 - 10/21/03 01:55 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey Honsolo!!

Did you get your blood work back yet? I think a new hairdo is just the thing!!! Go for it! It's true about those dang pregnancy hormones!!! They really mess with ya! But you know it will end in a few months!! Then your hair starts to grow in again!! OH how fun it is to be a WOMAN!!!!

Take care!!
Steph

--------------------

Re: thanks all .... an update new
      #24180 - 10/22/03 11:50 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thyroid test came back negative. My "heat wave" is just those lovely hormones. Steph - I got my hair all cut off yesterday and it feels amazing. Looks better too.

--------------------

#24183 - 10/22/03 12:18 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Soo glad your test were ok. Hang in there. Bet the new do looks great.
Sherr

#24188 - 10/22/03 01:58 PM
torbetta

I am still tired and Meike is 3 1/2. I had the blood test for my thyroid after both girls and it came back negative. I was more tired after the second. My heatwaves went away and now I am freezing all the time. I think the heatwaves was more from weighing so much and now I am cold because of the weight I lost.

#24207 - 10/23/03 04:02 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey Han!

Get a new piccie so we can all see the new 'do'!

Hope you feel better soon. Hormones are hell, aren't they!

Linz

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 194 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3781

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review