All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Xmas driving + eating
      #233724 - 12/25/05 06:42 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Sigh! I have to drive into Georgetown this morning for a xmas buffet at some hotel with friends of my mom. I thought there'd be 20 or so people there so I could be a little more anonymous, but it turns out there's 3 older ladies (70+), my mom (64), and me.

I ate at my mom's house last night (french bread and ham only) and I'm worried about 2 uncomfortable meals in a row. I'm all smalltalked out. Guess I could talk about... uh, the Redskins?

I feel even more isolated when I'm in a group like that eating. But that's not the depressing/anxious part. It's going to take me an hour to get home after I eat because I have to drop off my maternal unit first. The thought of the seatbelt pretting on my food-ridden stomach the whole ride back is daunting.

Gotta go to the bathroom now, again. Sigh. Going to be a long day.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

oh nelly.... new
      #233743 - 12/25/05 02:42 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hope that goes okay, Im sure you'll be fine....am sending lots of happy tummy thoughts your way!!

I have had a fab day today, had a nasty attack lastnite after over indulgence, the worst Ive had since I took that flippin picolax stuff for the bareum test! Anyways, this morning it had recovered and I immodiumed myself up and have been very naught, eating everything thats unsafe in sight! Fell fine though just VERY FULL!!

I hope when you read this you are back safe and sound at home and that everything went fine....I hate to think your having tummy stresses on whats meant to be the one day a year when you can relax!!

Happy xmas and take care of that tummy....dont stress....think positive!!

Lotsa hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
Natalie

thank you Natalie!! new
      #233745 - 12/25/05 03:09 PM
Nelly

Oh I want to overindulge too! I would have had the perfect opportunity today, too... the hotel buffet was incredible. I'd had 5 trips to the bathroom already so I stuck to my safe food-- I had smoked salmon, white toast and a plain omeltet with nothing + cranberry juice heavily diluted in water.

I'm so glad you've had a happy xmas, Nat!! Do you know what we were talking about?? The penguin in the harbor!! Is it as big news over there?

I just took a very relaxing nap so I'll be up for a while now. Good thing there's nothing going on at all tomorrow!

~nelly!~

Re: Yaeeeeee!! new
      #233747 - 12/25/05 03:34 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm glad you made it through the day without much tummy trouble! I bet that buffet was a KILLER to stay away from!!! I wouldn't have been able to do it. I'm weak!! You would have to drag me off of the dessert bar!!!

So happy you had a good time and it went well for you!!

Whooo Hoooo!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Yaeeeeee!! new
      #233787 - 12/26/05 08:07 AM
Nelly

Yes, heaven help me, there was even a chocolate fountain. The urge to throw a penny in it was almost unbearable.

~nelly~

Re: OMG!!! I would have been all over that!! I luv chocolate!!! ~nt~ new
      #233794 - 12/26/05 08:46 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: thank you Natalie!! new
      #233852 - 12/26/05 03:46 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Nelly! 1st, I'm mucho proud of you for NOT indulging!

2nd...I don't know HOW you managed...but you DID IT! *squeals*

Now that it's over...go out and go shopping and buy yourself a congragulatory reward! And indulge...you earned it

*hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 566 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review