All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
So.. Who's British?
      #23331 - 10/14/03 09:11 AM
POADB

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm not being prejudice here, but I'm from the UK and would like to meet other IBS sufferers who have purchased Eating For IBS.

I want to know how well they have been able to work with the book, as the Amazon review states that most (if not all) ingedients are "americanised".....

drop an name - or email address and i'll get in touch for some advice...

thank you

Rich aka Product Of A Dying Breed.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So.. Who's British? new
      #23342 - 10/14/03 10:37 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

BritSarah is british (Obviously LOL)

It is wonderful to know people from your country or even city so you can discuss the foods and where they found them and what they look like where you live.

Sarah just got back a week ago and is around here somewhere....hopefully she checks in for you.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Am from UK new
      #23375 - 10/14/03 01:32 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Hi,

I'm from the uk,from bonny scotland! I have eating for IBS book,the book isn't too americanised to be honest,i haven't found too many problems with that.If there were any then you can post your questions and someone will be able to help you i'm sure.
Whereabouts in UK are you?!

--------------------
Morven

Re: Am from UK new
      #23384 - 10/14/03 01:59 PM
POADB

Reged: 06/01/03

Cool - i'm from the west mids.... Brummie, if u like..
infact - i would just like to respond to the comment about brit sarah... i totally agree... it is good and thats what I want to do... (if that makes sense)

I really need to get my diet together.. I'm emaciated, and have been for about 3 years... IBS has ruined life for me... I've had hypno, and now all i need is a diet that i can work with - and hopefully, everything will improve..
My main aim is to gain weight... it all starts here...

Morven.. What foods do you eat? whats a normal day to you?

I am! new
      #23385 - 10/14/03 02:01 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm from Hampshire, but I now live in Reading and work in London (blah!).

I've only had a few minor problems understanding the recipes. I've got a measuring jug (bought in Woolworth's I think) that has 'Cup' measurements on it, so this is great. Otherwise, using an actual is fine.

My biggest problem so far has been not being able to find smooth apple sauce! My brownies have fruity bits in them, so I'm trying to get my future-father-in-law to bring me back some from the Sates!

I think my email address is on my profile. If it isn't I'll put it there.

Linz

Re: I am! new
      #23386 - 10/14/03 02:04 PM
Morven

Just noticed you worked in london,we moved back from london (surrey) this summer,couldn't cope with it any longer! used to work in covent garden!
Must get one of those cup things from woolies!

--------------------
Morven

#23387 - 10/14/03 02:05 PM
Linz

The good thing about Heather's diet re.weight gain is that it tends to be high in carbohydrates, so as you want to gain weight, you can eat a high carb diet and use the energy to exercise in order to gain weight. Lots of potatoes, rice and bread are good for this.

Also, you can eat lots of chicken and fish to keep your protein levels up.

Hope this helps. Linz

#23391 - 10/14/03 02:17 PM
Morven

All i can say is thank goodness for quorn!! I usual start my day with some good old porridge! (oat so simple sachet things) I tend to snack on things like nutri grain bars,special k bars etc,oh and snack a jacks are also fab! Lunch is usually soup,or sandwhich,pasta salad,baked potatoes, etc.I usual make my own lunches and bring to work,but i find o briens and places like that really good,as you tell them what you want on your sarnie! I use quorn mince/pieces/fillets to make casseroles,spaghetti bolonese,stir frys etc.I didn't eat meat anyway so i guess i was quite lucky because i don't miss it from my diet!I do eat chicken and I can tolerate a little cheese now and again,so i sometimes add that to pasta bakes and things like that.And lots of peppermint tea! As ibs is so personal it does take trial and error to work out what you can and can't have.But eventually you get there! Heathers book has been great for information/recipes/advice,and the boards are even better!
I hope this information helps!

--------------------
Morven

Re: I am! new
      #23409 - 10/14/03 06:30 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Linz - Heather has a recipe for applesauce in Eating for IBS. If you don't have it, here it is: Applesauce I think it comes out smooth, but I've never made it.

Apple sauce new
      #23410 - 10/14/03 06:37 PM
Linz

Thanks for the recipe link Mags. I shall have to make this sometime, but I am such a one for cheating in the kitchen!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1763

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review