All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
RENT - anyone seen it?
      #232599 - 12/19/05 12:27 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I hope this won't cause any problems discussion wise since the movie is a bit controversial, but I'm just wondering if anyone has seen it? (or the stage show for that matter).

I love musicals soooo much but never had the opportunity to see RENT so I was really excited to hear they were making a movie with most of the original Broadway Cast. Then we got some free passes (even better) so I got to see it and I really loved it! I don't really know anyone else who is a fan though and my bf didn't really take to it so I'm just curious to see if anyone here likes it.

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have! new
      #232601 - 12/19/05 12:35 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Saw the musical when it was on tour my freshmen year of college, and saw the movie the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Mac (my bf) has seen the musical as well, he didn't like the movie as much as I did. I thought the movie was done well visually and musically, and while it was a bit different from the musical, I liked it a lot.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Yea! new
      #232607 - 12/19/05 12:52 PM
Vicam

I'm glad to hear that someone who has seen it on stage liked the movie because I have heard that some people have been really hard on it Glad you enjoyed it! I really thought it was wondering but obviously not everyone shared my opinion...I've seen it twice (yea for free passes) and each time there were people who walked out! If you wanna see a cute avatar someone made for me from the movie you should check this out: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/angelavatar.gif

Re: RENT - anyone seen it? new
      #232642 - 12/19/05 03:52 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

No, I haven't, but it's definitely on my list!

- Vincent

#232647 - 12/19/05 04:21 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i have to admit that i didn't like the movie. i adore the musical, but i really think my problems weren't the rent-purist stuff. (though i did think the adaptation could have been better.) i just thought the movie wasn't very good. i was sad, because that show has a very special place in my heart.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

I am a Renthead (Rent addict) new
      #232649 - 12/19/05 04:28 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

I have had the amazing opportunity to see Rent 23 times live in several cities. It has been a part of my life since I was 14 and has been with me through live and death. I have been a Broadway fan since I was 4. I have seen all sorts of things and I see Rent as being my meatloaf. I see so many things on and off broadway and have a ball at all of them... but I always seem to go back to Rent. The movie was okay. It's not the same as seeing it live but it's alright. I am often displeased with shows turned into movies. Hedwig was just better live

--------------------

Re: I am a Renthead (Rent addict) new
      #232661 - 12/19/05 05:04 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

oh! i am so jealous - i never got to see hedwig in new york. so i do love the movie very much. it's a brilliant show.

(glad i'm not the only theatre dork around!)

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#232722 - 12/19/05 08:47 PM
Vicam

Hey Jamie,
Just out of curiousity, what about the movie did you not like? I know a lot of people have said it wasn't very good but I personally loved it so I'm just curious to get other opinions

Wow! 23 times! new
      #232724 - 12/19/05 08:49 PM
Vicam

I thought I saw a lot of theatre having seen Phantom 6 and Les Mis 5 times That's a lot of times...you're lucky! I'm considering myself a newly converted RENThead...I can't believe I've never seen it on stage (I'm a huge theatre fan). It was just so incredible...I've had the soundtrack (both the movie and the OBC) playing non-stop. Did you ever get to see the original broadway cast?

I loved the stage show and can't wait to get to see the movie! new
      #232747 - 12/20/05 05:47 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I've seen it twice on broadway and once off...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1212

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review