All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Shelby.....answer to your question
      #232215 - 12/17/05 05:19 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

NO, my blood pressure doesn't rise when I go to the doctor. (I'm lucky in that way.) My Mom's does though. It never fails, but her doctor believes her. Do you check your b/p at home and keep records of it? You could take those with you to the doctor to prove it. I have one of those digital cuff monitors and I really like it.

What does malignant high blood pressure mean? I don't know what kind I have, but both of my parents, my brother, and my sister have it; and my grandparents had it, too; so I suppose it's hereditary.

My brother is on 3 or 4 meds for his and has always had the kind that is hard to control and his meds have been changed many times, too. I've been fortunate because I've been on one med ever since I was diagnosed 7 years ago; Toprol XL. I've done very well on it so far.

I'm so glad that you're not having any problems with the med you're on now. This blood pressure stuff is tricky business.
Nice to hear from you as always,
Terri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shelby.....answer to your question *DELETED* new
      #232238 - 12/17/05 08:45 AM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: Shelby..... new
      #232262 - 12/17/05 12:32 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Shelby,
I really don't blame you for being afraid that the doctor will find something else wrong with you. Getting older is dadgummed scary at times and pretty hard on the nerves, too.

My brother's mother in law was running 260/180 this past week. They ran some tests and she has a kidney that's not functioning right, and on Monday they're going to run a cath to her heart to check it. (I'm not sure what the procedure is called.) Poor lady is so scared and she's afraid of hospitals. Turns out, she'd run out of her medication and couldn't afford to get it refilled, so she just didn't do anything. She's moved in with my brother now, and they're helping her out as best they can.

Nice talking with you Shelby and I like your new i.d. better. I was one of those who kept forgetting who "Webb" was; creature of habit, I guess.
Take care,
Terri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2367 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 475

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review