All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Todays is a little harder
      #231973 - 12/16/05 07:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

not sure why, just feeling more sad today. I'm having a lot of abdominal pain still but the dr said that was normal but I guess the pain and "empty" feeling inside remind me even more of what happened. I also woke up at about 4am and my eyes were matted shut, ick. Its this stupid recurrent Iritis I have, I guess it goes along with the connective tissue problems I have. Its just one more reminder that my body has a lot of problems. I know that I can't control these problems but its still makes me sad and angry. I saw on the news last night a young girl got hit by a car, she was 12 weeks pregnant, she is in rough shape but the baby is fine. I'm very happy that she and her baby will be ok but if a pregnant women can get hit by a car and still have a healthy baby, why can't I? I know when I get these feelings, I need to remember "acceptance" as I've been trying to call it. Acceptance that this is my body and my life and I have to make the best of what I have and try not to dwell on what I don't or the things I can't change. I know this in my head but sometimes but heart forget or just doesn't want to listen to my head! I know there will be good days and bad and thats normal but I'm just tired of hurting. Both physically and mentally.

On a happier note, I get to go choose my new fur baby tomorrow! I plan on bringing my camera so I can post some pictures next week.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Todays is a little harder new
      #231978 - 12/16/05 07:17 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

You are going to have those days from here on out. But they will get easier trust me. Just remember to allow yourself time to grieve every day and then try to go about a normal day as much as possible. Having that little fur ball will be so much fun and will help you get through this.

I am still feeling crappy today and after trying to get an outfit for hubby's work party I ended up not going. I was so mad but I did not feel up to it at all. I hope I am better tonight since I have a wedding and my work X-mas party to go to!!

Michelle, here are some more hugs!! new
      #232003 - 12/16/05 08:15 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I don't understand either, dear lady. I wish we all did. Hang in there! The weekend sounds promising! Look forward to that!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#232005 - 12/16/05 08:20 AM
michele

I'm sorry you had to miss Marks party but its probably best if you don't push it too much. You have been very busy and under a lot of stress lately also. Remember to take time for you! I really do want to be sure we get together after the holidays. Like I said, even coming over and letting the puppy play with Noah and cooking dinner or something. It might be nice for the boys to meet to! Thanks for being there and organizing the whole "operation card" endevor, I really appriciate it!

--------------------

Re: Michelle, here are some more hugs!! new
      #232006 - 12/16/05 08:22 AM
michele

Thanks Bamagirl. And thank you for the sweet card. All of you guys have helped me more than you will ever know. When I was having some pretty dark thoughts, I would think of all of you and it would help me get through. I know my sadness will ease with time but it helps to write it out here. Thanks for the hugs, I really need them today.

--------------------

*HUG* new
      #232007 - 12/16/05 08:22 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I still have those days, but they get less frequent as time goes on.. wish I could tell you they would go away... I do second the not understanding how some babies survive amazing circumstances and others don't make it... from my own experience. I wish you lots of luck and love and kisses from that new furbaby!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: *HUG* new
      #232008 - 12/16/05 08:24 AM
michele

Thanks Amie, I definitely need the hugs today. Its just such an emotional rollercoaster right now.

--------------------

With time new
      #232028 - 12/16/05 09:03 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

michele i'm sure last week you were shocked, this week your more at a different level of grief. I'm sure your counsoler has talked to you about it. I can understand thinking why not me?? or why me? because we've all felt that, legitimitly. there was a child last month hit by a train, he was 2...the mom dropped her son to a babysitter, and that babysitter dropped the boy off to another person, she was crossing the tracks in the not designated area, and the boy got hit. i felt sick to my stomach when i heard that. that someone was so incompetent, and ignorant to be so stupid to have been so careless. and it's sad because the mom trusted that lady to watch her child..and the babysitter hands the boy off to some lady the mom didn't even know. sometimes there is no explination on why things happen the way the do. but michele, you tried. and from your posts you did your darnedest. as everyone my heart goes out to you, but i'm so glad you have kept us posted and used us as an outlet, becuase i know (though i caused some craziness earlier this week) everyone wants whats best for everyone else.

take care

#232040 - 12/16/05 09:56 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

You are a very strong person, Michele. You'll have good days and bad days, and just know that you have the strength and support to get through the bad ones.

Can't wait to see pictures of your future puppy!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: With time new
      #232041 - 12/16/05 09:58 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

there was a child last month hit by a train, he was 2...the mom dropped her son to a babysitter, and that babysitter dropped the boy off to another person, she was crossing the tracks in the not designated area, and the boy got hit. i felt sick to my stomach when i heard that. that someone was so incompetent, and ignorant to be so stupid to have been so careless. and it's sad because the mom trusted that lady to watch her child..and the babysitter hands the boy off to some lady the mom didn't even know. sometimes there is no explination on why things happen the way the do.

This was so sad. I was actually at the Wal-mart in the same shopping complex that she had left when it happened.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1373

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review