All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Excruciating total evac-- arg!
      #231917 - 12/15/05 05:24 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Ugh. I was doing so well. Log yesterday, log today... but then when I had another in the early afternoon, I suddenly knew what was happening... Total evacuation.

3 hours of D later, I'm completely weak now, and slowly trying to dehydrate. I've got a bunch of imodium in me, plus some donatal, but I'm completely out of vicodin and codiene. So it's straight tylenol for pain. It's totally not working.

I am so glad I work from home. If I were at the office today I'd be unconcious from the pain on the floor somewhere (violins softly playing) in a puddle, alone (music crescendo), for hours in pain.

Luckily I was able to pass out for a while in my bed instead between 3:15 and 5:00.

So now I've got this sucking feeling in my stomach. It's like bad hunger pains meets a vacuum. I'd love to eat the whole fridge right now, but I'm physically willing myself not to eat. I'm just making do with chamomille tea.

Man I'm so weak right now. I'm going to lie down some more and try not to think about food.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: AWWWWE, Nelly!! new
      #231945 - 12/15/05 07:18 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm so sorry, hon!!! I know that feeling....I am still going through it now. Even this morning. I had a BM as soon as I woke up and after I took my fiber, I had another BM and I knew then it was going to be bad. 5 BM's later, and 2 imodium.....I was done!!! The pain is sooo intense. OH, I feel so awful for you! I hope you bounce back, tomorrow.

When I only have one BM, I'm good. If I go twice, I know it's over! Total Evacuation time!!! It Sucks!!!

And if I have a BM in the afternoon like you did....it's OVER!! Keep sipping the Chamomile tea. It saves my life sometimes, I swear. I don't have anything for pain (because my doctor is a JACK-ASS), so I really rely on chamomile to relax the gut!!

Feel better soon!!

*HUGS*!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Excruciating total evac-- arg! *DELETED* new
      #231948 - 12/15/05 07:33 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Must be in the air... new
      #231952 - 12/15/05 08:33 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

The $H!t is hitting the fan, here, too.

Actually, I don't have a fan. My toilet looks like soup.

Okay, that was TMI, but I knew something was up when I had a huge stomach ache after supper.

I'm doing mint and it's so COOLING.

I think I've caught a break in the storm, so I'm going to go
snooze. I'm really craving a MONSTER JAVA, though...Have you ever fallen asleep on the toilet? Oh, what the heck...I think I WILL HAVE A REAL COFFEE!!!

I have. Anyways, take care Nelly. And, by the way, you're totally right re: antihistamines working to combat the camomile headache. I'm still itchy, though.

Kate.

Re: Excruciating total evac-- arg! new
      #231965 - 12/16/05 05:36 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hi Nelly darling
long time no speak...I've been so busy...just wanted commiserate...I was there with you...from 12-3, for the first time in ages, a HORRIBLE attack...and then crashed on the bathroom floor and then the sofa with hot water bottle. horrible violent nausea. Am so empty but don't want to eat...so...ginger tea. Something must have been in the atmosphere last night. I HATE total evacuation...it scares me. Feel good darling!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Excruciating total evac-- arg! new
      #231975 - 12/16/05 07:12 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

That sucks and silly you for running out of the good meds! Joking of course, I know they aren't always easy to come by. Hope you feel better soon and tummy calms down!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

ROFL Shelby!! new
      #231979 - 12/16/05 07:22 AM
Nelly

Ow it hurts when I laugh!! Moonshine'll cure what ails me. Yes.

~nelly~

Re: AWWWWE, Nelly!! new
      #231982 - 12/16/05 07:27 AM
Nelly

My doc is stingy with the good pain meds, and stupid me-- if I have 'em, I take 'em. I get a grand total of (BRACE YOURSELF) 3 vicodin a month for breakthrough pain. I actually used all mine to ensure stability when I visited my friend 160 miles away last week.

Feeling a little better now, as I got a chance to have some gatorade and more tea. I have to go out to dinner tonight (Italian, DREAD!) and to a work holiday party tomorrow (double dread!).

It would actually all be ok except for the pain now that all the poo has flown outta my butt. Sorry, TMI line there.

~nelly~

Everybody seems to be getting attacks this week!! new
      #231985 - 12/16/05 07:33 AM
Nelly

I hear you about the "bowl of soup." I was actually checking to make sure my organs were still in place after the last round... Really terrifying looking stuff coming outta me there!

I'm really glad the antihistimines worked for you! I get drowsy off of them too, and have def fallen asleep on the pot, more than once! In fact, one of the things I looked for in an apartment in the first place was #1 a sink close to the toilet so I could fill up my water bottle without leaving the pot and #2 a shelf or counter next to the toilet I could rest my head on when I passed out on the pot. I knew this apartment was it when I saw the bathroom.

~nelly~

Pain should be outlawed new
      #231988 - 12/16/05 07:41 AM
Nelly

You know how it goes, Michele! I always think that I'm doing so well going for a stretch without D, then a couple mistakes later I'm brutally reminded that it's not me, it's the meds.

I have to keep it in focus that my stomach woes are much better than this time last year, so I can be happy with that much! The support here has been really wonderful, and it's so good to know that there are people I can turn to here who know exactly what I''m going through.

Last night I was close to tears from the pain and I actually told BF "I need a hug" (so not like me to ask) and he said no, it hurt his back to bend down. (!!) It was bad enough at that one moment in time that I was physically hollow, but that comment made me feel emotionally hollow as well. I'm glad I can shrug it off and come here instead for real support from people who KNOW.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5093

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review