All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
No prob Sand...one thing to add though!! new
      #232391 - 12/18/05 11:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You just reminded me!!

Any time we have a complaint on this board you can e-mail me or Heather to let us know! Your voice will always be heard...but doing it appropriately is best

Thanks Sand! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Whoa new
      #232394 - 12/18/05 12:13 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I don't have a problem or complaint in the way you mean. That is, this isn't something I wanted dealt with by a moderator or by Heather. It bothered me but, frankly, I thought everyone knew this was going on and just didn't mention it out of politeness or some kind of Board etiquette or something. It never occurred to me I'd be giving people news. When Nelly brought up multiple handles, I thought it would be a good chance to discuss the issue in general and see how people feel about it. I'd still really like for that discussion to take place - multiple handles is a big deal for me. I'd be a lot more comfortable if I had never figured out what was going on.

What I regret and apologize for is my flippant comment about someone answering herself. I feel now like that came out as callous and led to the issue of multiple handles getting sidetracked into sort of poking fun which is absolutely NOT what I wanted and what I'm glad you interrupted. What I DID want was some open discussion about the whole idea of posting under multiple names so I could understand how other people felt about it and maybe that would help me deal with how I felt about it.

So to me, this isn't a moderator or Heather issue - the people posting under multiple handles aren't doing anything "wrong". I saw it as a community issue - how do we all feel about this, what does it mean for how the Boards function (if anything), does anyone besides me really care? That kind of thing.

One last thing. Now that I realize this isn't common knowledge, I'm not going to name names. I feel bad enough about not being careful in my wording - I'm not going to compound the problem by outing anybody.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Whoa new
      #232396 - 12/18/05 12:20 PM
Snow for Sarala

I think I'm confused.

I'm not sure what to say.

If Heather instituted a forum for us to discuss this...I missed it! If not...perhaps we should wait until she does?

I'm so sorry Sand!! I am not trying to further complicate thing My apologies!!

*hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Nope, sorry..... new
      #232398 - 12/18/05 12:32 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Don't really care at all....Not saying I don't care about people on the boards!! I do......I just don't care one way or another about this issue. I got LOTS of more important things to worry about!

*HUGS*!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Yes, I do think we need to discuss this new
      #232399 - 12/18/05 12:35 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I don't understand the purpose of someone having a multiple handle. Why in the heck would anyone want to pretend to be more than one person----or answer their own post?

Kind of like the girl in high school who used to send herself a dozen roses on Valentine's Day---in order to make everyone think she was more popular than she was!

It seems very deceiving to me. I thought I was corresponding with genuine people, and now you're telling me they're not who they appear to be.

I must be really naive.

WAIT! I think I see what I missed... new
      #232400 - 12/18/05 12:35 PM
Snow for Sarala

The rest of this post!

Ok...I think I see the problem now! Concern that with a double handle...folks can vote twice.

I still think this is something that SHOULD be brought to someone's attention with authority to do something about it! If you would like to vote on doubl handles...let Heather know how you feel! Perhaps she will make a poll on the subject!

Again, this topic has potential to become a debate in which some folks might get quite upset and wish to leave. So...if we have an issue like this...my feeling is that it shouldn't be debated like this as some people might get too upset.

I would hate for people to leave over this!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: It does kinda feel.... new
      #232404 - 12/18/05 01:15 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

And I can vouch for Tina, Nelly and Dalia. I am sorry, I don't see what is offensive about talking about multiple topics. I won't be apoligizing for anything I wrote. It is completely deceiving to be writing posts and then responding to yourself. This topic should be discussed. What if a genuine person asked for advice, then a person with two handles answered in two different ways? I don't think that would be appropriate.

Just my two cents...

--------------------

Re: Duck Soup new
      #232405 - 12/18/05 01:18 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Thanks Sand, I always think you express you opinion very well too. BTW, I like the quote your hubby found.

Ugh, I just wish in this week before Christmas and Hannukah that these boards canjust get along...

--------------------

Yeah I have no problem with multiple handles... new
      #232407 - 12/18/05 01:25 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

....as I understand that alot of people do have issues with the embarrassing topics that come up on here and might not want people to know that they have certain problems and so use a different handle for that. BUT replying to the same topic under different names does feel like deception to me and is rather against the open and trusting nature of this forum (which is neccesary in the first place for people to be able to open up about their IBS).

I don't think there's any need for this topic to get out of hand in anyway. It might just give the people in question a chance to see what other people's views are about it!

Well, you know it isn't me.... new
      #232408 - 12/18/05 01:30 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I hardly even have time to post as one person anymore, much less two! Tee hee.

I know Ruchie is trying to kill the topic, but I couldn't resist. Sorry, Ruchie! Forgive me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review