All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
You rock, Tommy new
      #231912 - 12/15/05 05:13 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I'd hate to have you leave the boards. I enjoy hanging out with you online!!

I've often thought of using an alter ego to post stuff so I wouldn't get beaten on. Just in case you're wondering, I learned this from someone here I MET, who uses her alter ego to post potentially controversial topics. So SEE someone's doing it already.

~nelly~ I guess there are no more original ideas left...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oooh, who the heck could it be?-nt new
      #231939 - 12/15/05 06:57 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Glad you're back Tommy! new
      #231943 - 12/15/05 07:02 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I agree with everything that has already been said. Just glad to have a member of the family "home" again!

Oh, and I don't think you should ever be leery about posting any opinion you might have. We all have to learn that everyone has their own way of seeing things. Doesn't make one right and one wrong...just different.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Tee hee hee new
      #231947 - 12/15/05 07:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm glad you decided to stay. 'Nuff said. The place isn't the same without you.

:) new
      #231999 - 12/16/05 08:08 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Tee heee. I've met a lot of people here (10 or 11) so you'd have to do some math... LOVE YOU GUYS!

~nelly~

Coming...going...and I missed it I guess...glad you are here. new
      #232001 - 12/16/05 08:09 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I have sort of skimmed a bit of this latest flurry, and think you are right. We all have to just avoid what we know are going to be controversial issues sometimes. Especially when we know that a difference in opinion won't change anything - only cause strife. That is just the world we live in.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: So I decided... new
      #232004 - 12/16/05 08:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well said Tommy! I'm glad you're staying! We have lots of great people here and we just need to remember that we won't always agree but thats OK, diversity is a good thing!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: :) new
      #232018 - 12/16/05 08:43 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

YEsS one of my alter egos was Volatile......

NOT!!!!

--------------------

male's point of view isn't always bad.....it may help!! tommy this ones for you... new
      #232031 - 12/16/05 09:16 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

tommy...
first i feel bad that there was such a craziness over my post...but i want to say...having male points of view helps me...because alot of times us women can jump the gun..or read something a man would read different, thats what makes men and women different...well along with other stuff..lol..

i myself wasn't discusted by it all as much as i felt betrayed by my fiance...he said howard sterne had mentioned the website, so he checked it out...as a woman, i think howard sterne is funny...because he pushes the envolope..and the adults on his show make their own desicions (i wont watch the show however...lol...not with mike anyway) i'm hoping that whole thing doesn't get blown out like crazy, my point to the whole thing is....

I honestly would appreciate a male's prespective on things my fiance does sometimes, i got mad at him one time because his sister-in-law (sorta...brother-in-law's sister..so not really anything to mike) got a boob job, and mike kept talking about it, one reason i think is because she is only like 20..and that her boyfriend's mom bought them for her...really whacky....anyway...i'm not blessed by any means in that area....(but they run in my family..where the heck was i??) anyway...i was upset, because he was talking about it, and i talked to a co-worker, who was a guy about it, and he totally gave me a different prepective, and totallly changed my attitude on how i precieved it...i even tried to argue with my co-worker about it..and he was like "lyndsey, you are beautiful, and he is lucky to have you, he's saying it, because it's on his mind, and i'm sure doensn't care about her, just the topic is crazy" so i said "but i don't have them!" he goes "he is totally crazy about you, so don't worry, guys don't think of it like the way you women do" and i stopped and thought about it...and thought i may be blowing out of porportion..and indeed i may have been...because when mike came into see me one time at work (i work a red robin) the guy i was talking to came up to me and said "oh my god, that guy hella wants you, thats crazy" i said "thats my boyfriend" so i was glad he was picking that up!! haha...

ok..so tommy..and any other guys...and gals, i appreciate any help for ibs, not for ibs....that betters us..not angers us, etc...i find the knowlege here helpful, and adds wisdom for me

anyway, again, i am sorry for the anger that everyone had. i was upset, but obviously hit a hot button for alot of people!! so sorry about that!!

take care guys and gals!!!!

No worries, Lyndsey. Thank you for posting that... -nt- new
      #232034 - 12/16/05 09:40 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33297

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review