All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Breast surgery
      #231362 - 12/13/05 04:44 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

after two visits with my GP I went to my ob/gyn tonight. I need an ultrasound and most likely surgery before Christmas. My poor barely B cup left boob is swollen, was about a cup size more than the right but antibiotics and antiinflammatorys made it go down, but I still have a 5 cm hard lump/cyst. Its def not cancer, more from an injury and/or infection in the milk ducts. I am really upset... will I have to be "put under" for breast surgery? I was once for an upper endoscopy, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, almost traumatizing.
I am so upset, but atleast it is not life threatening. The ob/gyn made a BIG deal about us handling this asap. She also said that the surgeon she is sending me to is good with "weird and unusual stuff"... so basically, I am a rare case.
Has anyone else had something similiar than this? It is a hard lump taking up almost half my boob with swelling, pain, and slight discoloration. There is def some infection, but the problem goes deeper than that they say so antibiotics alone wont treat it.
Can I ever not have something broken on me? I am barely 22 years old., I am too young for this!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sheri new
      #231370 - 12/13/05 04:58 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

OMG so sorry to hear that you have to go through that! I'm having breast issues myself. I have a painful right one. My regular doc said she thinks it's my pectoral muscle from shoveling but I'm almost ready to request an Ultrasound too. I'm sure it's not infected as it's not swollen or red but it still worries me! (had two friends with breast cancer, one is still with us and one isn't ) I'm glad to hear they know that yours definitly is not cancer. I also have very "cysty" boobs as my doc put it. I'm hoping mine doesn't turn for the worst!

I had a colonoscopy and was pretty traumatized by the after effects too so I can relate with your being scared and all. They will take good care of ya. Try not to worry. Just stinks cause you have to have it right before Christmas. Better listen to them though and have it done ASAP.

Keep us updated and good luck!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Thanks Lis for the support new
      #231377 - 12/13/05 05:08 PM
Sheri01

What makes it worse is that they'll never know WHY it happened, but the most logical guess by me and my ob/gyn is "overstimulus" to the boob (great thing I have a female doc to talk about this stuff)

IT is so embarassing, I have a "kinda boyfriend" I am seeing... we haven't had sexual intercourse, but we have had heavy makeout sessions and I wound up getting accidentally injured by a serious pull to the nipple ring! What makes it worse is that we are going through serious emotional "issues" but I really care about him alot alot and he cares about me alot alot, but I kinda feel abandoned on going through this alone, even though all my friends and coworkers have been with me every step in the way. I think that might be what hurts the most right now! i have only seen him three hours total in the last two weeks since "the injury" occured. He knows abpout the problem, but not tonights results with the impending surgery... and I DEFINATELY didn't tell him the cause , because I don/'t want him to feel guilty about it

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Thanks Lis for the support new
      #231380 - 12/13/05 05:54 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh no! you poor thing. Good luck with everything.. I'm not sure what kinda surgery you are having, so I can't tell you if you're gonna be put out or not. Are you having the cyst removed?

Regardless.. GOODLUCK. You're a tough chick.. hopefully you'll breeze through it.

--------------------

Re: Breast surgery new
      #231404 - 12/13/05 07:11 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

ugh, you poor thing! That sucks. At least it is not cancer, though, thank God!

I am pretty sure you'll have to be put under for the surgery. It doesn't necessarily HAVE to be horrible. I'm not sure why it was traumatic, but make sure you tell the doctor about it first and it can probably be made a lot easier. Tell them beforehand if you are prone to nausea and they can really help with it. There are lots of lovely drugs to deal with pain and nausea so don't tough it out.

I've been put under four times. The actual getting put under was a breeze every time (well, except getting the !#$%ing IV in, I'm a hard stick), but last time after my surgery last week the recovery was brutal. Probably because I had fairly invasive surgery and there was a lot of pain and nausea involved. Morphine was my friend. The anti-nausea stuff they gave me was great. No vomiting whatsoever!

Hopefully everything goes well for you. Let us know how it's going.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Breast surgery new
      #231450 - 12/14/05 06:41 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I had a co-worker years ago about your age have to have something removed from her breast too. It happens.

Get it removed asap and then your boobies will be back to normal!

Update new
      #232911 - 12/20/05 02:55 PM
Sheri01

Thanks for the feedback, girls!

Ah, and I got THE BEST NEWS EVER at the surgeon on Friday...... *drumroll*... NO SURGERY NEEDED! I cwn't believe that other dr scared me like that. Instead, he sucked out like 30 cc of blood and pus out of me. THe lump is still there but he said to finish my antibiotics and in one to two weeks it should be gone. The lump is s till there, and my boobs are still diff sizes, but its not quite as noticeable now.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ME! I am so relieved.
But, i need a checkup in two months, and he said that the infection can keep coming back
But, no sense in worrying now, I'll see how it goes!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Update new
      #232915 - 12/20/05 03:01 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Sounds like you had a scare there Sheri, glad it's all OK and no surgery is a great Christmas present

--------------------
S.

#232929 - 12/20/05 03:54 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Oh my! I was reading pour initial post with a rasied heart-beat thinking NO! NOT BREAST CANCER!!!

Then you mentioned the surgery and I was thinking Thank G-d it's not breast cancer...but..NO NOT SURGERY!

And now..much relief with NO SURGERY!

I gotta start reading posts as they come in more I don't know how I missed this post...I wish I could have been there for you from the beginning UNTIL the end...

Sheri! *phew* I'm sooo glad you're ok. Keep us posted ok? We all love ya!

Happy holidays!!! that must be the best present you'll get this year! Btw, do you feel ok after the in-house procedure the doc did? I hope you truly ARE ok...

*hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#233195 - 12/21/05 06:28 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Oh Sheri that is GREAT to hear! Did the sucking out of the pus hurt? Probably not near as much as if you had to have your breast cut though

I bet this news is the best Christmas present ever! Cheers!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#233238 - 12/22/05 06:18 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh my gosh, Sheri; what a horrible scare you've been through! I agree that you're just too young to have something broken all the time. Seems like there's a lot of young ladies here who have to suffer way too much.

I'm glad you got good news about the surgery. My daughter had a traumatizing endoscopy done several years ago, but she was talking about it again, just this week; like it was yesterday!

I'm so glad you're better now.
Merry Christmas to you,
Terri

#233248 - 12/22/05 07:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

GREAT NEWS Sheri!!!

#233252 - 12/22/05 07:27 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I can't believe I missed this thread! GENTLE HUGS to you!!!! Is this from a piercing, or just out of left field? I had a big old lump in my left breast when I was 17 with no doscharge or discolor, and it went away with steroid cream. Hurt like hell though and freaked me out!!

I'm so glad yours is calming down with treatment. I know how scary this stuff can be! I'm sending good thoughts your way, and I hope you can start 2006 with a clear head.

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 452 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review