All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PGX
      #231185 - 12/13/05 08:01 AM
kathy61

Reged: 12/13/05

I have just recently read about PGX. It is a high fibre which is soluble used to make people feel full so that they will not eat so much. I am wondering since it is soluble fibre do you think it would be good for IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PGX new
      #231195 - 12/13/05 08:39 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Do you have any more details?

Just b/c it's in a drink doesn't actually mean it's 100% SF. Metamucil for example which is considered a SFS actually contains alot of IF too, which is why it can be best for C people.

If you can post a link to a website or the ingredients, that would be great. Otherwise, I'd say if you don't know stick to a SFS that is well known.

#231198 - 12/13/05 08:51 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

http://www.iherb.com/wellbetxpgx.html

See if this is what you are looking for.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

A GREAT description!!! new
      #231200 - 12/13/05 08:55 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Description:
WellBetX PGX™ PGX™ - A Revolutionary Fiber Complex PGX Fiber Blend binds to the water in the digestive tract to form a gelatinous, viscous mass which slows glucose absorption and creates a sense of satiety (fullness) while reducing the absorption of calories. This impressive PGX Blend, short for PolyGlycopleX, exerts 3 to 5 times the effects of other fibers. A key component of PGX is glucomannan, a soluble fiber from the root of konjac. It is 3 times more viscous than guar and 7 times more viscous than psyllium. With this, and the other components it contains, PGX has a viscosity 3 to 5 times greater than glucomannan alone. PGX: • lowers postprandial blood glucose by 20% • lowers insulin secretion by 40% • improves whole body insulin sensitivity by nearly 50% • is unequalled by any drug or natural product. PGX capsules also contain an extract of mulberry leaves, shown to block certain enzymes that break down starches and sugars in the body, thereby diminishing after-meal rises in glucose and insulin.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Sounds cool! new
      #231217 - 12/13/05 09:53 AM
Linz

Don't forget to check it for triggers tho...you never know!

Re: I seriously don't like these choking hazard fibers...... new
      #231283 - 12/13/05 01:26 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

This one's got a choking hazard, too. And with my GERD and Reflux, there's no telling when I can throw up a SFS. So, I'm out.....I'm not going to touch it. But, it sounds kind of cool! Different....

Let us know if you try it!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#231539 - 12/14/05 11:16 AM
kathy61

Reged: 12/13/05

I found this site which has alot of info on it.
www.myhealthmybody.com/trellis/slimstylesdiet

Hmmmm new
      #231717 - 12/15/05 12:42 AM
Linz

It sounds interesting.

But the extreme expansion after eating and the fact that they actually warn it could cause gas, bloating and D in normal people makes me wary. If you are going to use this with IBS, start at a VERY low dose (not just half the normal as they suggest) and increase it very slowly.

And if you just want a SFS to help the IBS, I'd get one like Acacia that's designed to be used in people with IBS!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1466

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review