All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Well, its Monday, I'm at work
      #230934 - 12/12/05 09:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

somehow, I got up, got dressed, combed my hair and drove to the office. Its all a bit of a blur but I am here. I had a pile of crap to sort out on my desk from the days I was gone but I think its mostly straighten out. Its very quiet today and I'm alone in the office. Its hard. I feel like I have to act normal, like everything is ok when someone calls to make an appt or stops in to pick something up and I just want to scream ITS NOT OK, I"M NOT OK, MY BABIES ARE DEAD. I go through moments of time just sitting and starring and being numb. Other times I cry unconsoluably.

I'm pretty heavily medicated. I'm taking Vicodin for the cramping and physical pain from the surgery and my shrinking, empty uterus. I'm on Xanax for the mental anquish and back to taking Amien to sleep. The little bit of sleep I'm getting is haunted and restless. I'm very jumpy and seem to be afraid of every noise. I seem to have an endless supply of tears. I hurt to my very soul and feel dazed, angry-angry doesn't seem to really cover it, down right pissed off is a bit closer to the truth.

I have an appt with my shrink tomorrow night and see the dr on Wednesday for my surgery follow up. I doubt he will be able to tell me anything as it takes several weeks for the chromosone testing to come back on my babies. I'm trying to get as much info on possible causes and make a list to be sure I've been tested for everything. It makes me hurt and angry when a couple of my "local" so called girlfriends tell me to keep trying. None of them have been there for me. None of them went through the testing with me. None of them checked to see how I was handling all the hormones I was on. None of them have a clue of what it has all involoved yet they think I'm giving up too easily. I don't want to give up, I want a baby but how can I continue to create life when I know my body will just let that life die. Is that right? If the dr's can't tell me anything other than I've had some really crappy luck, how do I try it again. Everyone kept telling me to just enjoy the pregnancy and not worry about every little number and every little pain. I did that and I think I did that really well. If my some miracle, I do get pregnant again, how am I going to be able to go everyday wondering if the baby is dead or alive inside of me?

But, on the other hand, I want a baby so badly. Am I being too weak in thinking I might not have the heart to go throught his yet again. I am a planner and not real good at waiting for things but I think I've been more than patient here. I don't know if these answers will be clearer in time, what if they aren't? I think I'm probably babbling now, I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm not making a whole lot of sense but I feel like this is really the only place where I can just let it out. Will is hurting too and can't handle my tears anymore and certainly isn't ready to talk about the future in anyway. I'm trying to stick to the one day at a time thing but there are just so many unanswered questions.

Linz, I'm going to check out that site today and look for info there. I've also found a recurrent pregnancy loss board that I'm going to check out.

Thanks everyone for your continued support. The phone calls and emails and messages have given me hope and the streagnth to keep going. When I sometimes feel that I just can't go on anymore, that I just can't possibility deal with one more thing, I think of Will and all of you and know that with your combined streagnth that somehow, I can go on. Thank you

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Michele new
      #230938 - 12/12/05 09:59 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm so impressed with your strength. It sounds like you are really in touch with how you are feeling, and I think that will help you get through this. I hope the doctors have some answers for you. We'll all keep praying.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

You're a star new
      #230947 - 12/12/05 10:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Big, BIG hugs to you for making it to work. You're being a real trooper. I wish I could come over and hug you for real.

UCTD is a difficult dx....it's not really specific is it?!

Re: Well, its Monday, I'm at work new
      #230948 - 12/12/05 10:10 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

You know that we are here for you and you can vent and scream and yell all that you want. You deserve it and it is part of grieving. I can't wait to see you on Wednedsday and give you a HUGE hug!! I wish I could take your pain away because I have been there and it sucks. It is good that you can identify your feelings and be able to express them so well. As for your other "friends" if they haven't been there then it's hard for people to understand. And also let's face it some people are selfish and don't want to here about other people's pain and suffering. I don't know how those people call themselves friends.

Know that I am thinking of you and will continue to pray for you and Will. Call me tonight and let me know where to meet you on Wednesday. Talk to you soon hon!!

Michele new
      #230953 - 12/12/05 10:17 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

I came to the boards to check on you. I'm glad that you can get your feelings out there. I know you must be so worn out. Continue to take it easy and try to give your poor mind a rest. It's tired.....there is just so much to think about. I wish I could just turn your mind off for a few hrs and let you catch your breath.

I'm thinking of you everyday and still praying for you. Just hold on girl!! Hold on!

LOVE come your way!

--------------------

Dearest Michelle, Please know you continue in our thoughts and prayers! new
      #230958 - 12/12/05 10:21 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

You are so brave. Your grieving will have to have its course, and it seems you know that already. The day at a time plan is the only way to go right now. Deal with the information you get from doctors, ect...as it comes to you. Not before.

I'm glad you feel you can come here. Don't stop. We are all holding you up in our prayers. You are not alone! Many gentle hugs!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Well, its Monday, I'm at work new
      #230959 - 12/12/05 10:33 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Michele.. I second what everyone else said. I'm so happy that you are in touch with your feelings and letting yourself feel all of the emotions. I know that they hurt a lot and that its hellish, but recognizing the pain helps you to get through it, rather than trying to ignore what you are going through.

Stay strong.. we love you.

--------------------

Michele new
      #230960 - 12/12/05 10:34 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Can't believe you're at work today! Hang in there -- maybe keeping busy will help.

Right now maybe you should try not to think about babies and just think about healing. I guess that is probably sort of impossible, huh? But, there is definitely not one person here who would call you weak!!! If you decide you don't want to keep trying, that is totally your own call. To be honest, I don't think I would have the strength to go through with it again. Not when the doctors don't have any answers.

This is a tough time of year anyway. Please try to just concentrate on healing, and then when the new year hits you can evaluate your options again. Just give yourself some time and breathing space. Just a few weeks.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Dearest Michelle, Please know you continue in our thoughts and prayers!
      #230961 - 12/12/05 10:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi Michele *hugs*

You are simply unbelievebale! I'm so proud of you for being so real and honest with yourself. From your emotions to others in your life...you are genuine and perceptive and just plain real!

You have such strength and such goodness *hugs*

I am honored and proud to know you to and to be your friend Michele!

P.S. I tried to e-mail you yesterday but I wasn't able to. It wouldn't send it? It was the one in your profile. Is there an e-mail addy I can use? You can send it to me at Ruchily@yahoo.com

Sending you lots of love *more hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

You don't have to figure it all out right now.....
      #230979 - 12/12/05 10:58 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

how you feel now, may not be how you feel a month from now, or 3 months from now.....right now all you need to do is work towards getting back to some kind of normal. Not the same normal it was before, but a new kind where you feel stable and healthy. Then you can sit down and figure out what you want to do, and what Will wants to do. I'm sorry your friends there are just saying "try again", because obviously you have proven that it's not that simple. I really hope your doctors will have some answers for you, because that will make it a lot easier to decide whether you want to try again.
I think you have been VERY patient, and for some unfair reason, it just hasn't happened. At least you should know it's not because of something you did wrong. From what I can tell, you have done everything right.

Ginger

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2676

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review