All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Accidents and the Morons who can't Drive
      #229972 - 12/07/05 04:39 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I was crossing an entryway/exit to some stores on my bike while on the way back from the gym earlier today. I had the right of my way but apparently the dumb broad who came at me trying to enter didn't see it that way. No, she didn't stop but knew that I was there. Fortunatly, I made it across but I ended up swerving off the curb as a result of her carelessness. My brand new pants ripped on the left side as did the flesh on my thigh underneath, my face and right knee scratched, and at the time, I thought that I may have fractured my right arm (around my bicep). She didn't stop so I didn't have time to get a liscense number and since I couldn't use my right arm anymore, I had to walk my bike the rest of the distance home (about a mile). The pain in my arm still persists but I don't think it's fractured. It no longer hurts so much in my bicep but now more in my elbow where it feels like there is fluid building up.

Sure hope my arm heals soon. I go back to the gym Friday!

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

How terrible! new
      #229992 - 12/07/05 06:31 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

That's horrible!! I agree, you put people behind the wheel of a car and they instantly become morons. I can't believe someone would do that to you and not even stop, though. What a... I won't say it on the board! I hope your arm feels better soon.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Oh don't get me started on this one..... new
      #230084 - 12/08/05 09:41 AM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Seems like people tend to ignore anything with two wheels. As a motorcyclist, I get to see a lot of it. Hell, my husband was hit this summer by some jackass speeding and running a stop sign (How I would like to hobble that kid..... ).

So we've come up with our pet peeves list... which includes the Turn-#4 Indy stop. That's where they wait until about five feet before the stop sign to break (while travelling WAY too fast for the location), and start to whip around the corner as though they're not going to stop at all, and then stop, with one corner of their vehicle in the intersection. And they have the nerve to look at YOU funny when you honk or otherwise indicate your lack of appreciation for said "stop".

But Tuesday... oy, there was a lady in a shopping center parking lot who pulled out right in front of us - and she LOOKED! - only to get to a bank that was a zig zag over from her prior position. there was nobody behind us.

But favorite... when we were bringing his new bike home, we were in that same shopping center parking lot (our favorite coffee house is located there), and this person (I thought it was an old man, but no, hubby said it was a woman) in a red pick up watches him approach, waits for him to pass, then pulls out... right in front of me. and I was not far behind my husband. Lady got the horn (after which she waves at me in the 'hehehe, ooops" manner) and the finger and some seriously rude gesturing on my part, that earned a look of shock and dismay.

Some folks just shouldn't be allowed to drive. At all. Controlling a vehicle that frequently weighs 700 pounds or more should require some proof of mental aptitude.

Aw, dang it... I got started.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

Re: Accidents and the Morons who can't Drive new
      #230154 - 12/08/05 12:15 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I'm sorry to hear of your incident. It seems people now a days would rather hit someone eles, rather than hit their brakes?! It's crazy!! Ihope you recover & feel better soon!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

this is one of my pet peeves- new
      #230314 - 12/09/05 05:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I have a friend who a few years back was hit and wound up with several broken bones... you are lucky, but please see a doc about that arm! I've on the other hand been the pedestrian knocked over by a bicycle messenger in manhattan.. its not just car drivers who need to pay more attention!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 725

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review