All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Yeast infection from antibiotics
      #229516 - 12/05/05 07:45 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey guys-- I've been taking amoxycillian (sp?) for a week now and I'm extremely dry "down there." Sex is impossible and I'm in a world of hurt even if I'm just wearing sweatpants. If I eat yougurt along with the last of my antibiotics, will that help, or am I only supoposed to take it vaginally? Don't know if I could handle it orally, but I'd me more inclined to try and eat some rather than smearing it elsewhere, LOL!

I don't have any $$ for anything extra this month (yes that includes sanitary napkins and monistat...) and I don't have cash for presents for xmas (I suppose I could ask Santa for some monistat and pads, arg!). I even bought the antibiotics Rx off a friend as I didn't have enough to go to the doctor

The good news is that the antibiotics have made me stable for the mo. They always work great on me for a while, then the IBS comes back!! And all the symptoms I was showing from potential Lyme disease have gone away. It's rediculous that I'm treating myself this way, but beggars can't be choosers. *shaking head*

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yeast infection from antibiotics new
      #229519 - 12/05/05 08:02 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Is there anyway you can save some cash and buy monistat or probiotics? Why did you buy used antibiotics? You're not suppose to take someone else's medication. Doesn't America have some kind of Health system for their citizens??!!

#229521 - 12/05/05 08:15 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Hi Nelly,

Just a follow up to my previous post. I hope you don't think I was trying to make you feel bad because that's not my intention. I just get very appauled when a county such as the great USofA does so many things for other countries, and spends so much money on arms and warfare, etc. and they don't even take proper care of their ill and homeless citizens. Not that you are homeless, but you know what I mean.

Yep new
      #229639 - 12/06/05 11:23 AM
Nelly

I know exactly what you mean, and I agree. I bought the antibiotics from a friend who didn't use them because he was admitted to the hospital for his infection after ha bought them/before he had a chance to take the first one. I was treated in France for my stomach when I was there in September/October, but I finished the meds I got there (for free, as I have dual US-French nationality). My docs there lambasted the american system too.

I have freely traded, sold and bought meds before as the need arose, and have friends who do the same, not to get rich but to help out people and get help myself. And if I could afford the $225 Lyme disease test, I'd get it. I can't even afford gas for my car this month, much less bread... I'm finishing off the cans in the cupboard as it is until I get paid $297 on the 28th.

Arg.

~nelly~

Re: Yep new
      #229642 - 12/06/05 11:32 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

There is something to be said about healthcare in other countries. Thos countries are not perfect medically though. I am in favor of something of a hybrid. Youpay for medical insurance if you are employed, but, if for some reason you lose your job then you get healthcare paid for.

NElly, are you working? Can you apply for Medicaid or something?

--------------------

Herbal remedies new
      #229646 - 12/06/05 11:42 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Here's a link to some herbal remedies for yeast infections:

herbal stuffage

Hope that helps, and that your money situation gets better soon! If need be,could you maybe go to a planned parenthood clinic? They're usually willing to work out payment plan stuff.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Herbal remedies new
      #229647 - 12/06/05 11:49 AM
Nelly

Omg, garlic! That's a good site, tho the misspellings freaked me out somewhat ("wimmin," LOL!). Thanks for being a friend, Mel. I do go to the PP clinics to get paps, etc. They're used to my payment plans, which can conservatively be described as "intresting."

~nelly~

Yogurt new
      #229649 - 12/06/05 11:50 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I think for it to work you have to use the yogurt *down yonder*, but I think it has to be a specific kind of yogurt from what I read.
I wish we lived closer, and I could just bring you over some monistat or whatever! How annoying!

Is there anybody who can lend you a few dollars or something? What about a clinic? I'm sure if I went into my doctors office in a state because I needed something for an infection that I couldn't afford, she'd be able to find me a sample or SOMETHING... I hope so, anyway!

I hope you feel better soon, I don't know what else to suggest!

Good luck, Nelly!!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#229652 - 12/06/05 12:02 PM
Nelly

Hi Tommy,

I applied for SSI and medicaid, but I was turned down. They said I was healthy to work and did not qualify for disability. I work from home, but only 10-20 hours a month or so. I get paid a monthly paycheck for the hours I work, but don't get any benefits or health insurance.

The health insurance the job does offer costs $450 a month, but some months I don't get paid even that! I don't have an answer to when I'm going to get health insurance... I did apply for some new jobs but haven't heard anything back yet. Maybe after the holidays?? I hope!!

~nelly~

#229655 - 12/06/05 12:10 PM
TommyNY

The people from SSI and Medicaid are bastards. They out my Dad through the same sh*t and he was not healthy to work. I know this is going to rankle some feathers but I don't care. But I and many other pay lots and lots of taxes but whenever we need the benefits we get turned down. But yet, you can have 5 kids by 5 different fathers by the time you're 20 and have everything paid for by Uncle Sam. MEan commentary, but true. This country rewards irresponsible behaviour and it makes me crazy sometimes. Sorry if I offended anyone.

--------------------

Edited by TommyNY (12/06/05 12:17 PM)

#229660 - 12/06/05 12:16 PM
Nelly

They couldn't believe I was 34 and had no kids. They kept asking how many kids I had. I told them I wanted to work but couldn't afford treatment for my IBS and fibro in order to do so. But I was denied, and they told me to go to a church for "charity." It made me so mad I took to bed for weeks. *SIGH*

Guess we should drop it, though. At the moment I'm completely spun about Michele's loss, I can't think straight. Makes my problems seem so minor.

~nelly~

#229662 - 12/06/05 12:18 PM
TommyNY

I agree. We shoudld drop it.

--------------------

#229690 - 12/06/05 01:01 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh no Nelly. I hate it that you're so short for money. Especially for meds!

Here's a link, I wonder if it has any good suggestions?
http://www.msu.edu/user/eisthen/yeast/yourself.html

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 193 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3844

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review