All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Has anyone else used the "Nicoderm" patch?
      #229174 - 12/04/05 10:22 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Wow. These make my day. I've ceased to smoke and these really take some of the sting of quitting away. Mind you, I am playing with straws.

This is really really really challenging. I am so grouchy it's not funny and my brain feels so fried! As long as I stay away from coffee I know I can avoid smoking.

Any tips? I think I'm going to investigate some hypno. or accupuncture. I did a course of hypno. and laser therapy years ago and it was effective, but I think I should have done some maintenace hypno./tune ups.

Withdrawal is making me dizzy, lol.
Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Has anyone else used the "Nicoderm" patch? new
      #229438 - 12/05/05 02:42 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Not I. But my husband did a couple years ago. that said, he only used 'em for maybe 2 weeks... he's smaller fella, and had to cut even the lightest dosage patch in half. Even then, the patches made him ill.

Eventually, he just decided he'd had enough of being sick for two hours every morning and stopped using them. He's been smokeless ever since. To which I say...... YAYYYYYY! He smells so much better now.

He was cranky as hell for awhile, but the coffee actually helped with that.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

Re: Has anyone else used the "Nicoderm" patch? new
      #229506 - 12/05/05 06:14 PM
Wind

I re-quit smoking and they really ease the withdrawal symptoms. It's so hard, but I find that NOT drinking coffee helps (plus its really good for my IBS to abstain).

Kate.

Re: Has anyone else used the "Nicoderm" patch? *DELETED* new
      #229518 - 12/05/05 08:01 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Shelby, thank you for sharing new
      #229525 - 12/05/05 08:54 PM
Wind

I'm on the highest dose at the moment. I've licked this habit before, initially beginning with the patch and then doing laser therapy/hypno.

I quit coffee, too. I know that like you and your Pepsi/cigarette habit, coffee & cigarrettes go hand in hand with me.

I feel awful, but in a good way. I might get some accupuncture. I should have gone for laser therapy tune-ups or something when I started cheating on myself with smoking.

I actually force myself to smoke outside--I'm Canadian and it's really starting to get cold. Can you believe that I'd get out of bed and go out for a smoke at 4 in the morning? That's pretty bad. I was up to nearly a pack a day, again, last week.

I really want this to work, again, and I keep seeing myself on a never-landing non-smoking plane ride. I don't know where the destination is, but I know it's not a self-polluted place.

Hmmm...maybe I should reward myself with altoids or something everyday??? I did consume 1/2 pack of Tic Tacs, already. Great thought re: the mints.

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1000

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review