All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Thinking of you @ 4 a.m. Michelle (anlikerm)
      #228674 - 12/02/05 03:50 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Had one of those Pepto. sprints and thought of you.

This is disgusting! Is your tongue black too?

It looks like I've been licking tarmac. The back of my tongue looks like a driveway! I wish I could say I've been eating dark chocolate or something devilish--chocolate covered expresso beans, mmmm... (I used to love those things)

Without fail, I get a near barf-a-thon! Anyways, I hope you had a good night and have a wonderful day.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh no!! new
      #228721 - 12/02/05 08:55 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Mine was the night before!!! I did okay last night but my hubby didn't get off of work until 1:30am and when he came in the door it scared my little dog to DEATH and she started barking. It sent my tummy into an uproar!!!! I got really nauseated but it went away pretty quick. I didn't take anything for it.....I guess I really should have. I just didn't feel like moving.......

I know exactly what you mean about the Pepto making your tongue look like a driveway!! Isn't that nasty???? Why can't they come out with a pepto that doesn't turn black inside of you. That's so disgusting!!! It scares me when I take it when I'm really nauseated becuase I'm always worried that if I throw up it will be black and scare the #$^! out of me!!! hehehehehehe.....

Are you doing better, now??? What do you think caused it???
How are your BM, today????

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: I'm clueless new
      #228746 - 12/02/05 09:44 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Who knows--sometimes it feels like motion/travel sickness--but in my sleep? Warped. And then my stomach gets this kind of pulse or wave or ripple & I know that in a few hours--I'll be popping an Immodium Advanced to avoid really bad D. Hmmm...maybe the lifespan of Nexium finishes at that time of day, for me? My mother says it is because my stomach is empty and says I should get up, have a cup of tea and some crackers or something. I don't know.

That stuff is so awesome. Wow, though--it is so awesome to be what feels like C for me (but is hardly C!). I stockpiled, lol.

Kate.

#228748 - 12/02/05 09:55 AM
anlikerm

Stockpiled!! LOL!!
That could be true about the nighttime reflux or nausea or whatever the !@$% it is. When my tummy is totally empty I feel horrible. That would explain why my stomach is in an uproar if I wake up at night, I suppose. I get really bad hunger pains within just minutes of waking up and when I just ignore it (because it's 4:00am!!), I start getting the POUNDING and the nausea.....

It all sucks! I want chocolate cake!!

How much Imodium are you taking?? I took one yesterday because I had horrible D from black olives..not a good choice of food for me right now...but I still had a normal BM this morning. I thought I would be stopped up.

OH, one more thing. I know chocolate is really bad.....for IBS and reflux. Does it bother your reflux more than the IBS?? I am a chocoholic and I haven't had ANY chocolate since early September. I'm going crazy!!! It keeps me sane...it makes me feel good...... I have found my comfort in chocolate ever since I quit smoking and now that I quit chocolate, I fear that I will not be able to live for very much longer. LOL!

What do I do???

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

To the black-tongued ladies new
      #228749 - 12/02/05 09:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am soooooooooo sorry you two have to go through all of this *hugs*

When I was a kid, btw, I would have dreams of throwing up and wake up and, well, throw up.

But my nausea was from, ahem, lack of a BM!!! And so was my vomiting!

The human body baffles me

In any case...I just hope we can all have a super weekend with no tummy troubles or fears or anxieties!!!

(PLEASE don't knock me over the head with a mallet saying "That's beyond dreaming Ruch!" I'll have my dreams and hope them too!)

Love to you both...and a bottle of cyber-invented clear-colored pepto for ya

*hugs* again

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: To the black-tongued ladies new
      #228750 - 12/02/05 10:01 AM
anlikerm

AWWWW, I love the whole cyber-invented-clear-coated pepto idea!!! Ruch, you could be a billionaire!!! Let's do it!! LOL!

Like you and your C, I think that's why I was so sick in October. I had really bad reflux and trapped gas because the Remeron that I was on made me severely C!! It was horrible. Nothing I did, helped me and I would get extremely sick. I was bed-ridden for almost a month with the severe nausea.....I honestly believe it was because I was so backed up, but I don't know.....

I haven't been THAT nauseated since my D came back. I still get sick, but not THAT sick.

Hope you are feeling well today and kicking that cold's butt!!! Are you eating better???
Love you!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#228754 - 12/02/05 10:06 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

michelle - you could invent your own michelle-safe chocolate recipies, adding cocoa powder or non-dairy chocolate syrup (i think hershey's lite is okay) to foods you know don't bother you. maybe cream of wheat? i don't know if that would be gross or what, but it might work. (the people around here who actually really cook can probably suggest better.)

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#228755 - 12/02/05 10:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You're a riot Michelle...I love your humor AND your kickin attitude!!!

My cold is coming and going. I sincerely believe it is from the medication. I see my psych Mon. and I'm tellin her it has to go!!! *hmph!*

Yep...being blocked up is a PAIN...one of the biggest I've ever had! I'm glad you're over that...now we just have to fix me

Okie dokie...off to bf

*hugs* Love you!!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#228770 - 12/02/05 10:29 AM
anlikerm

Well, thanks to you!!! And everyone else, here, too. Don't want to leave anyone out.....Ya'll are the BEST!!

We need to fix you!! It might be the medication if it's coming and going. I think I did that with the Neurontin for a little while, now that I think about it. But, the doctor told me that my body was just detoxing because I had quit smoking around the same time I started taking the neurontin.

Well, I hope they can find one to work for you!! I am out of luck, I guess. I am going to order me some of that Rescue Remedy that you and Kate speak so highly of and hope it works on my anxiety.....

Love you! Ooooops, I think it's time for another BM! That's freakishly wierd!!! I usually don't go this time of day. Hopefully everything will turn out okay and not be a horrible D attack!!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#228772 - 12/02/05 10:35 AM
anlikerm

That's such an awesome kick-butt idea!! Maybe I could do that!! What about carob powder?? I heard that is like chocolate?? I don't know....

I have some syrup in the fridge but I don't think it's low fat or anything....it was my husbands. He's a chocolate milk freak..... I used to be when I was in high school and college. I really miss my chocolate milk and 5 yoo-hoos a day!!! I can't handle chocolate soy milk.....believe me, I ALREADY TRIED THAT!!! I don't do well with any kind of Soy. GAS!!!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 786 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review