All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: I'm clueless new
      #228775 - 12/02/05 10:48 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

carob is simmilar to chocolate... but not very. i think it does have no caffeine, though, which could be a plus. but cocoa powder and dairy-free chocolate syrups should be ibs-safe.

chocolate syrup in cream of wheat is actually sounding really good... hmmm...

also, i don't know if this would work for you, but casey posted this wicked idea: chocolate cake for one. since you can handle egg whites, it might be okay. and if it sits well, it could be a great way to gain some of that weight you've been wanting back. (i guestimated that one serving is about 300 calories. even if you can't eat it all, it's pretty calorie-dense.)

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

carob powder... new
      #228781 - 12/02/05 11:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

carob has fat!!! i believe lots of it, so beware!

but it's sooooo yummy!

ah, yoo hoo...weren't they YUM!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thank you, Jamie! new
      #228783 - 12/02/05 11:32 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

OH, that would be soo awesome. I want to gain 20 lbs sooo bad....I need the extra calories. My husband asked me this morning...."Where did your Butt go??? It's gone!". LOL!!

So, you don't think the carob powder would be good??? They say it's good for diarrhea...I have never heard of it. Just found it on the internet one day when I was looking for diarrhea remedies. It said to take Carob powder and then when I looked up carob powder, it said something about chocolate and I thought to myself "how can that be good for stopping D??"....

Anyway, I will check out these things you mentioned. Where do you think I can find dairy-free chocolate syrup??? I don't have a health food store that sells food, unfortunately!

Thanks again!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: carob powder... new
      #228786 - 12/02/05 11:35 AM
anlikerm

OH, Yoo-Hoo's were my favorite!!! I drank nothing but Yoo-Hoo for a straight year, I think!! Oh, I miss it!!

So, no on the Carob Powder, huh???? I better stay away from that. Any other suggestions??? I miss my chocolate soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just don't know. When I can eat chocolate again, I will be the happiest person alive. It's very strange how it can have such a profound effect on my mood!! I am in love with chocolate!

But, my doctor told me to stay away from it because of my reflux. I can't do it for much longer, I will die for sure!
LOL!!

*HUGS*!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#228787 - 12/02/05 11:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Is there a Kosher store where you live? They sell that stuff that is dairy free ALL THE TIME! It's called Pareve. Just ask them and they'll show you!

And carob powdwer might be low fat compared to straight carob! i eat carob chips on occasion and they rock (but I can handle fat!) so as always, check the fat content.

Sending you chocolate galore (just no attakcs along with it!!!!)

Love you *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I'm clueless new
      #228788 - 12/02/05 11:36 AM
anlikerm

OH, Casey's chocolate cake for one sounds so awesome!!! I might try it next week. Give myself one more week to stabilize a bit better.....

Thank you for finding this for me. I really appreciate it!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#228789 - 12/02/05 11:39 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i think hershey's makes a light chocolate syrup that's dairy free - they probably have it at the supermarket.

not sure about carob - ruchie's suggestion of a kosher store would probably work, if you find one. (i actually remember, now, that the one time i've had carob was in third or fourth grade, when i was in hebrew day school. i forgot that it was parve. but dark chocolate is dairy-free too, i believe.) if you can't find carob powder, though, cocoa powder should be okay.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#228793 - 12/02/05 11:49 AM
anlikerm

Thanks Ruch and Jamie!!

I don't have a Kosher store around here.....WAAAA!!! (whining)...LOL!

Maybe I could get some dairy free carob powder online??? I will go to the grocery store and see if I can find some hershey's lite syrup or cocoa powder or something.....that is dairy free of course!! I don't know if my tummy can handle it, yet. Still very sensitive!! I still have attacks just about everyday but they're not as bad as they have been in the past. But, it's worth a try to just put a little tiny bit in my cream of wheat or something....

Thank you!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: To the black-tongued ladies new
      #228796 - 12/02/05 12:07 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, could quitting the gag-me lethal habit of smoking have anything to do with the nausea? Holy sweats! No wonder I have D! Toxins are emitting themselves.

I think I'll get some patches. I tried hypno. but it only worked for a month.

Pepto-clear, now wouldn't that be a treat?

Kate.

Chocolate, memories/nightmares of-- new
      #228797 - 12/02/05 12:12 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I think the fat content alone gives me D.

Maybe milk chocolate? Oh heck--have some then take an acid supressor. Honestly, though--it would effect me like eating an orange. Blech. Truly, though, I've never been a huge chocolate fan.

Lemon, lime--now those I love. Chilli Pepper...mmmm. A bulb of garlic...shallots and onions...vanilla...cinnamon...ginger..., but not chocolate.

It's always made me feel "blech."

Coffee, on the other hand, is another story.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10372

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review