All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Maybe carob, Michelle? new
      #228799 - 12/02/05 12:13 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Perhaps try carob, Michelle? I think Jaime is on to a great thought. Spike some Angel Food Cake.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Happy Dance Y'all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #228801 - 12/02/05 12:16 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Did I read this right...Kate, you quit?!??!?! Of COURSE you feel awful.....

But...

HURRAY!!!!!!! THAT absolutely is the BEST news I've heard since clear pepto

Seriously...that is truly WONDERFUL news *hugs* I'm so proud of my sis!!!

WOW!

HAPPY DANCE TIME!!!!!!!!

Let us know how we can support you, ok?

And Michelle! I know you did this already...but

Happy Dance for you too! It ain't easy to quit smoking!

What a fantastic Friday!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Kate, are you still drinking coffee?? n-t new
      #228802 - 12/02/05 12:19 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I don't know.... new
      #228804 - 12/02/05 12:42 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I didn't quit smoking until September, when I got seriously sick!!! I couldn't handle it anymore. It was making me blow up like a blimp because of the reflux. I wasn't on anything for my reflux then......I don't think quitting made me less nauseous at all. I think it made it WORSE actually, because I started going through withdrawl symptoms, BAD!!!!!!! I don't know....you can try!! It's definitely a bad habit, but I loved it!! It kept me calm......it was my best friend. It's not a wonder why I'm having anxiety issues right now. It's only been a couple months since I quit.

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Chocolate, memories/nightmares of-- new
      #228808 - 12/02/05 12:50 PM
anlikerm

We're soo much alike, how can we be so different when it comes to chocolate/coffee???!!! Coffee makes me have REALLY BAD INSTANT D ATTACKS!! Within minutes of consuming coffee, I'm running for my life to the bathroom!!! It hurts me sooooooo bad......but, it's good stuff. I haven't drank coffee since 2000. Even decaf....it just scares me too bad. I have never felt that bad before.

But, chocolate??? You don't like chocolate??? It makes me C!! I think my BM were so normal last year because I ate chocolate every single day!!! LOL!!
You're right.....I should stop worrying and just eat a piece and take an antacid!! hehehehe It's driving me more crazy than usual because my dad brought a big box of chocolate from Florida last tuesday and I just walk by it every day and wish I could eat it. My husband will eat it right in front of me.......makes me droul!!!!!

I cannot believe you crave veggies! I don't think I've ever craved veggies or hot stuff. Talk about gag-me reflex!! Hot stuff has ALWAYS made me really sick. Now lemon and lime I do like alot, but not as much as chocolate.

It's really hard, here at the holidays too because I want a big 'ole bag of chocolate M&M's!!!! I used to eat 2 bags of M&M's a day, at least. Ever since I was a kid!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Maybe carob, Michelle? new
      #228809 - 12/02/05 12:52 PM
anlikerm

You know, I was just thinking that while I was cooking some angel food cake about 30 minutes ago!!!! That sounds sooo good....but I don't have any cocoa powder, lite syrup or carob in the house. Just bars and bars of plain milk chocolate. Which has loads of fat!!!I have about 10 huge bars of it in the freezer!!

--------------------
Unstable

You heard correctly, Ruchie! new
      #228856 - 12/02/05 02:29 PM
Wind

Sorry, I'm a bit cranky. I've got some decaf. going and I'm going to see if I can find any teecino/herbal coffee around here. I've had some green tea & more than a few advil.

I'll feel better after the weekend, I hope.

The first 3 days are the worst.

Kate.

Weird veggie cravings (& now decaf) new
      #228860 - 12/02/05 02:37 PM
Wind

I don't get it either, but I really like/crave veggies. So totally warped. Maybe I'm just programmed/wired that way. Seriously, I could just exclusively eat veggies (& have done so) however, it's not good for IBS.

Try a chocolate Luna maybe? Sneak in 11 M & Ms? I don't know. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Maybe, these veggies will ease the withdrawal?

The next few days are really going to HURT!

Kate.

Re: You heard correctly, Ruchie! new
      #228862 - 12/02/05 02:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

*hugs* Be cranky all yoou want. We're listening!

Caffeine AND ciggs...you're truly amazing.

Absolutely courageous beyond a doubt.

Take care of yourself. Keep us posted...we're all rooting for you!

Three cheers (ok, three dozen cheers!) for KATE!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Weird veggie cravings (& now decaf) new
      #228866 - 12/02/05 02:50 PM
anlikerm

I thought about the whole chocolate Luna, thing, just a little while ago. I have one, too!!! Just haven't broke it open yet....might have to tonight. I'm nic fitting again....or chocolate fitting!! One or the other.

It's awesome that you crave veggies!! They are sooo much better for you than my cravings!! Sugar, chocolate, FAT, FAT, FAT, and MORE FAT AND EVEN PRIME RIB!!! LOL!!!

The veggies should help you with the withdrawl. Have you tried those commit lozenges before?? I used those to quit one time and they worked good. I also used cigarrest gum (nicotine free, all herbal) gum but I don't think they sell it anymore. I think my mom told me that's what helped her quit and I ordered it online. My mom smoked the whole time she was pregnant with me so I pretty much came out of the womb craving nicotine!!! BAD MOM!!!! LOL!!

Good Luck, hon!! We're here if you need to vent!!

SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!! You will feel tons better in the long run. I thought I was dying when I first quit, though. I'm sure you know the drill......

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1840 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10372

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review