Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I have a cat but want a dog someday!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Both....this is Crissy, Coco and Halle-Kitty new
      #228429 - 12/01/05 06:28 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

scuze the ugly bowl in the picture but Halle wasn't about posing!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Are you a dog person? Cat person? Both or none of the above?~nt~ new
      #228487 - 12/01/05 10:53 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I get along with both, but at the moment, the only "pets" we have are dust bunnies.

Re: BOTH!!! new
      #228495 - 12/01/05 11:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

We have a doggie. But I have ALWAYS wanted a kittie (am allergic and cannot afford the hypoallergenic ones).

I go to PetSmart and play with the kitties and come home sniffly *sigh*

Hurray for pets! Love em!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Cat person, for sure new
      #228582 - 12/01/05 02:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Dogs are awesome, don't get me wrong. I love all animals; I adore my non-feline pets. But I am definitely a cat person. We have an understanding, which is probably the best way I can put it without sounding too much like a lunatic.

Well, ok, I probably still sound like a lunatic. Just call me the crazy cat lady!

Both...or maybe neither... new
      #228590 - 12/01/05 02:59 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I have never had pets, and our lives are too busy currently for me to imagine getting one. It wouldn't be fair to the poor thing. I love my friends' cats and dogs, though.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

cats for sure...i love their little don't mess with me attitude...i'll do what i want on my time. nt new
      #228658 - 12/01/05 09:16 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

Both! new
      #228685 - 12/02/05 05:35 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

But I only have dogs...my hubby won't let me get a kitty He is definately NOT a cat person.

--------------------
~Cara~

#228689 - 12/02/05 06:00 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Well I have allergies so I really don't want either around but I definatley would say a dog person if I could have one!

Reptiles! new
      #228707 - 12/02/05 07:38 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

They're quiet, clean, and cute! Well, I think so, anyway. They don't shed fur, and are quite placid depending on the species. My kenyan sand boa, Naga is very well behaved and has never bitten anyone!

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Re: Dog person for sure!!! And Ferrets!! new
      #228710 - 12/02/05 07:46 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I have 2 cats that I never see.....they're so independent, which is cool.....but, my dogs are my kids, literally!! They are soo loyal and would give their life to protect me. I also had 2 ferrets. They're soo cute and playful but their litter boxes got to me too bad and was causing severe nausea so I had to give them away. I really didn't want to cause they're sooo darn cute, but their litter boxes were killing me!!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Definitly a dog person but...... new
      #228903 - 12/02/05 05:54 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

we did get a cat for my youngest son and I kinda like having a cat too. We never thought we were cat people but find out that they do have their advantages. No maintenance when you go away, no mud, small, eat very little, no big piles of throw up like dogs. HOWEVER, dogs are just different to have. They are smarter(in my opinion)& they don't have that princess or cocky attitude like cats have. It is nice to have both though.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#228905 - 12/02/05 05:57 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Definitely a feline lover, but I respect dogs.

They just make me nervous.

Kate.

Re: HA! new
      #228909 - 12/02/05 06:18 PM
anlikerm

I have a long-haired tabby that throws up just about every other day! It's funny that you said that about the big piles of throw up, because his hairballs are soooo big and long that it looks like he took a crap on the floor! It's soooo vile!! And disgusting! He throws up sooooo much. I can't give him any of that hairball stuff. He won't lick it off his paws....he just shakes it off and rubs it everywhere but on his tongue!!!

HEHEHEHEHE!!!! But, the other cat that I have throws up alot too, but not big giant POO-LOOKING hairballs.

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: anlikerm(Michelle) new
      #228978 - 12/03/05 08:55 AM
LittleLisa

I had a cat growing up that used to throw up hair balls excatly how you described your cats throw up. They looked like they pooped. It was so gross! I guess my kitty currently is only 2 years old and maybe throwin up hair balls comes at a later age? I can't remember. She hasn't thrown up any yet(cross fingers she won't in my bed!)

Hey, I see that you are a Real Estate Appraiser. My hubby is doing it on the side and the apprentice hours are KILLING him! You need like 2,500 and he has like 750 so far Now he is only doing it as a side job so it will take longer but I think they are going to change some kind of laws here that you have to have your hours in by like 2007 or else you will have to have a college degree to be an appraiser. Something like that. Anyhow, he's done a ton of appraisal's under our neighbor who's an appraiser for his own business but he's been kinda slow so he hasn't had any to throw hubby's way in about a year. I got a call just today from a friend who said her realtor could help him get some hours so we're hoping this will work. He's taken all his classes but one and then he's done with that. Do they have the same rules where you live? Just curious..

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#228993 - 12/03/05 09:29 AM
anlikerm

Hi Lisa!
Yep, they have the same rules, here. I had just finished appraisal school in March and I am still working on my hours, too, to get licensed. Fortunately for me, I have a B.S. degree in Air Traffic Control, so I don't have to worry about the hours holding me back as far as the college degree requirement goes. I knew that degree would come in handy one day!! LOL!! Since I came down with IBS, I cannot control air traffic anymore. Wayyyyy too stressful!!!

Anyway, I have had to quit appraising for the time being until I can get stabilized again because all the hours on the road made me really unstable this summer (Aug). I had 2 appraisal jobs. I was doing residential appraisals in the mornings and land appraisals in the evenings and my radius was 150 miles with both jobs!! So, too much time on the road caused too much stress and bad dieting (alot of fast food) and here I am!!

I really hope I can return to work early next year. We are busted broke!!! My senior appraiser needs me back really bad. He's super busy because of the super wide radius he has around Atlanta!!! He will appraise anywhere, just about!! He does 160-180 appraisals a month and I know your husband is going to think that is totally insane and it IS!!! He's already been hospitalized once for non-cardiac related chest pains (stress, is all it was) and he's insane. A mad man......With just him, me, a data entry person and one other appraiser. Well, now that I'm gone he has had to hire another one to take my place. He's crazy!!!

I love it, love it, love it!!! But, I gotta take care of me first! I hope your husband does really well!! Tell him to just stick with it and business will come. It's really hard to get business unless you find a crazy mad man to work for like I did.

It's an awesome business to be in but it is too much for my IBS. I don't care. When I get stable again, I will probably jump right back into the fire again!!!

Tell your hubby I said good luck and keep pushing for those hours!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#229028 - 12/03/05 01:02 PM
LittleLisa

Yep he really liked doing it. It was great extra pay for us. His intentions were to get licensed and make this his full time job but I told him that made me nervous cause ya never know what the market is gonna do these days and at least he had his job that he's been at being a project manager for over ten years is stable. The guy who got him started on it just kinda left him "hung and dry" and said he couldn't afford for him to take the appraisals anymore. Which we totally understood since that was his only form of income and my hubby already had a full time job but he could have thrown him some here and there and he didn't. P'd us off since he had just spent over $3000.00 doing those stinkin classes for months AFTER working 8hrs at his other job! Oh well, maybe this realtor can throw him some typing or taking pictures or something to get his hrs in. How many do you have so far?? Wow and you had two jobs doing it. That had to been bad for your IBS. I know that when I get in a car that's when my IBS starts and you pretty much drove all day! No wonder you were a mess . Ughh not know where any bathrooms were.....But you are right, when you get stable again, which you will , it's a great job to have especially if you can do the appraisals and then work from home doing them. Were you able to do that? My hubby would do the appraisal and then go to the neighbor's house and type it up which was real convenient! Also helps to have more day light so he did do more from like April to October cause he would to take pics after his full time job when there was still light out after 5pm.

You are lucky you have that Bachelor's degree. That's one thing he doesn't have and that's why he's kinda panicing now.

I hope you stabilize real soon. I've been there. I was sick for months with C-diff and it totally through my body out of whack. I lost 10lbs and it took me FOREVER to gain it back. I too am thin and could not afford to lose not even a pound. I was a mess. I'm semi-stabilized right now. I've come to the conclusion that I'm never gonna be rid of IBS so I try to deal with it the best I can. (which is sometimes REAL hard).

Ok, back to Christmas decorating which I'm having a real hard time being motivated this year for some reason. Christmas is my FAV time of year.

Take care.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

I love doggies! Best friends and so loveable... new
      #229050 - 12/03/05 03:12 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...always there for you when you need a frend. Wish I could get out of this apartment so I can get one!

Only draw back of a dog is having to take it out to go potty when it's 10 degrees below zero.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#229062 - 12/03/05 04:15 PM
anlikerm

This is a very good point!! David almost laid me off, too, one time because he fell below 150 appraisals ONE MONTH and totally freaked out on me and said that if he went one more month under 150, he was going to have to let me go.

That's why I was gettin' it while the gettin' was good!!! You NEVER KNOW what kind of money you're going to be making or how long you will even have a job for that matter. That part sucks!!

Luckily, my husband carries most of our weight. So, it was okay if I fell short a little bit. But, now my hubby is carrying 100% of the weight and I have absolutely NOTHING coming in and it's kicking our butts!!!

If I knew that my husband was going to quit his job, I would not feel comfortable solely appraising. I would be too paranoid that the market would go down the tubes and I would lose my job!!! I would definitely have to find a more stable position with benefits!! Benefits are the only thing keeping our heads above the water right now with all these doctor bills and tests and stuff. My colonoscopy/endoscopy was $5900!!! My husband has awesome insurance and I only had to pay $120. Thank God!!! If he didn't have insurance, I would be thousands of dollars in medical/dental debt!!

I can't believe he (your hubby) spent $3000 on his classes!!! Holy Cow!! My whole 90 hour course was only $900. Are you freakin, yet??? LOL!! Did he do alot more than he was supposed to do or something. I was only required to complete the 90 hour course to become registered. Wow, I couldn't afford $3000!!!

Wow, how many appraisals have I done??? TOO MANY!! You know, I haven't even calculated how many hours I have since I had to quit!! It's depressing.....I think I only have about 1000 hours that count toward my license right now. The land appraisals don't count toward my license. I made more money doing land appraisals, though. That's why I did the residential appraisals, too. Because only those counted towards my license. I made A WHOLE LOT MORE MONEY doing the land appraisals. Sucks, huh??!!

You're right, it was really bad on my IBS, too!!! I tried to stick with subway everytime I had to eat, but every now and then I would sneak in McDonald's chicken nuggets and fries. Okay, maybe ALOT toward the end!!! LOL!!! I love their new premium chicken nuggets. They actually taste really good to me!!

Okay storytime....The first attack that I had was at 8:00 in the morning I was on my way to do an appraisal 120 miles away from my house and halfway through Atlanta, I started getting nauseated. bad!!! Then, I felt the D attack coming on....I couldn't believe it!!! It had been over a year since I had an attack!! I had to stop off at the next exit and I had a MAJOR D ATTACK AND IT WAS AT MCDONALD'S, TOO!!! It was the closest bathroom off the exit. But, I felt so horrible afterward, I couldn't even stand the smell of that food. I almost threw up.

It took me a long time to get over that and I was measuring this 2 story house feeling like DOG DOO-DOO!!!!!! I was there about an hour and I finally started getting better on the way back home. I do my appraisals at home. I have a HUGE MONITOR so when I pull up Wintotal, I don't even have to scroll too much....I can almost see the whole page on my screen. It's soooo convenient. I can get so much more done when I can see the whole thing because you know how many blanks there are on a URAR. It's unbelievable....the research takes longer than declaring a value, I swear!!!

Anyway, I'm sorry, I'm rambling....There are 2 things I can talk all day about: 1) The Navy and 2) Appraising!!

I'm glad you're feeling better Lisa! I wish none of us had to ever experience IBS. It's the worst, isn't it!?! It took me a LONG time to accept that I even had it. I didn't go to the doctor for 3 months after it started. Then my husband picked my butt up off the couch and took me to the Walk-In clinic. I was dog-sick, but I didn't want to accept it. I'm stubborn.....I still have a hard time with it, but I know I'm sick, now and have to deal with it the best I can. It sucks!!! I have lost 20 lbs, too, since August and I don't look anything like my profile pic anymore, unfortunately. Well, picture me 20 lbs lighter. I look HORRIBLE!!!!!! Hopefully, I will stabilize soon and be able to put some weight back on.

OMG, me too!!!!! I absolutely love christmas!!! But, this year, I'm just not in the mood at all!!! I haven't put up a tree, I haven't put a wreath on my door.......It's like totally BAH HUMBUG!!! I'm soooo mad that I'm not in the christmas spirit, too. I'm just not and I don't know if I will be by the 25th!! I don't know what's wrong with me. I just don't feel good and I don't want to go christmas shopping or anything!!!! I need help......there's something seriously wrong with me when I am not in the christmas mood!!! LOL!!!

Good luck puttin' up your decorations!! I have written a freaking book!! Sorry! Tell your hubby I said good luck!
I hope he gets lots and lots of business really soon!!!!

Talk to ya soon!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Wholly Crap only $900 Michelle??? new
      #229178 - 12/04/05 10:49 AM
LittleLisa

Each of his classes ranged from $300-$400! Let's see. Let me pull his papers out. (I have to gather them up anyway to tell this realtor he may work for what classes he's done).
What I could find was that he took Residential Valuation I which was $400 for 30hrs. Valuation II was $400 for 30 hrs. Valuation III was $410 for 15hrs, USPAP was $285 for 15hrs and I think he still needs some other piddly other course yet which can be anything from Realestate to Contruction stuff. Does that sound right? He needs 15 more hrs and then he's then done. So I guess it wasn't quite $3,000. When all's said and done it's close to $2,000. Still WAY more than $900!!!! From what I understand, in Pennsylvania there are only like 3 Realtors that offer this course. There is no Appraiser schools around here. Some people traveled 3hrs 2 times a week to come to the class that my husband went to.

I keep telling him that if he wants a Harley, he better start working that second job again doing appraising He's been away from it for almost a year now and I think liking that he's not had to do it but actually when he was doing it he never minded it. I think this realtor might have him start out doing little stuff so that won't be so bad but he's capable of doing full appraisals since he did many under our neighbor when he worked for him. The money is excellent! We got so used to having that extra money which was bad in a way cause now we've been without it for a year.

He's never done land appraisals, only residential. He's done ones in developments that didn't have houses on them yet but I'm not sure if that's considered land appraisals?

Most appraisers I've met have been men. Any that have come to do them on our house have been men so it's funny that you are a woman doing it. I remember asking my hubby if there were many women in his classes and he said a few. Are there many women appraisers in your area? The reason I ask is because I know this sounds so funny but it's true. Every time my husband or our neighbor would do appraisals wherever, the woman of the house was always the one home and they'd always try to be all nice and sweet to them thinking if they were they'd appraise higher Funny story, my hubby was doing one appraisal and the woman was the only one home. He did all his measuring and stuff downstairs, went upstairs to do the bedrooms and she left a pair of thong underwear right smack in the middle of her floor . Now cooincidental??? Who knows but don't when you have an appraiser coming over you pretty much clean your whole house? I know, I know, I bet you've seen some really messy ones which always cracked me up when he'd tell me he'd appraise a messy house. I bet you have some good stories to tell too. I'd love to hear them.

Hubby is currently on his way home from a hunting trip in the mountains. Of course it snowed here last night so I had the neighbors helping me shovel. Second time this happened when he was away hunting. I feel like the helpless woman on the block who mind you, has a snow blower in the garage which is two times the size of me so I'm not about to use it!

Well it's great chatting with ya. We'll have to email each other so not to take up board space here.

Talk to you later.

Lisa

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Wholly Crap only $900 Michelle??? new
      #229195 - 12/04/05 11:40 AM
anlikerm

Hey, Lisa!

Yea, see if you can send me a test email at merchantg@comcast.net. If I get it I will email ya back. If I don't get it, I will respond to your post here. I take up alot of room!!! LOL!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Cat person, for sure new
      #229468 - 12/05/05 03:48 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Quote:

Dogs are awesome, don't get me wrong. I love all animals; I adore my non-feline pets. But I am definitely a cat person. We have an understanding, which is probably the best way I can put it without sounding too much like a lunatic.

Well, ok, I probably still sound like a lunatic. Just call me the crazy cat lady!

I know exactly what you mean. And we can share the crazy cat lady hat.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

neither- a sugar glider person... new
      #229633 - 12/06/05 10:41 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sorry- need to upload pics soon so I can share some newer ones with you all... all 4 of our babies are just adorable!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Gotta be dogs. Cats hate me. Love dogs! -nt- new
      #229650 - 12/06/05 11:51 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Definitely a dog person! Cats give me the creeps, plus I'm highly allergic to them.--nt-- new
      #229807 - 12/07/05 06:20 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#229814 - 12/07/05 06:40 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Definitely both a cat persona nd a dog person. Although some dogs to me, are disgusting. Say like a pug or a pit bull. I am nto event hat big of a fan of my parent's dog which is a dachsund.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1924

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review