All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Wholly Crap only $900 Michelle??? new
      #229178 - 12/04/05 10:49 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Each of his classes ranged from $300-$400! Let's see. Let me pull his papers out. (I have to gather them up anyway to tell this realtor he may work for what classes he's done).
What I could find was that he took Residential Valuation I which was $400 for 30hrs. Valuation II was $400 for 30 hrs. Valuation III was $410 for 15hrs, USPAP was $285 for 15hrs and I think he still needs some other piddly other course yet which can be anything from Realestate to Contruction stuff. Does that sound right? He needs 15 more hrs and then he's then done. So I guess it wasn't quite $3,000. When all's said and done it's close to $2,000. Still WAY more than $900!!!! From what I understand, in Pennsylvania there are only like 3 Realtors that offer this course. There is no Appraiser schools around here. Some people traveled 3hrs 2 times a week to come to the class that my husband went to.

I keep telling him that if he wants a Harley, he better start working that second job again doing appraising He's been away from it for almost a year now and I think liking that he's not had to do it but actually when he was doing it he never minded it. I think this realtor might have him start out doing little stuff so that won't be so bad but he's capable of doing full appraisals since he did many under our neighbor when he worked for him. The money is excellent! We got so used to having that extra money which was bad in a way cause now we've been without it for a year.

He's never done land appraisals, only residential. He's done ones in developments that didn't have houses on them yet but I'm not sure if that's considered land appraisals?

Most appraisers I've met have been men. Any that have come to do them on our house have been men so it's funny that you are a woman doing it. I remember asking my hubby if there were many women in his classes and he said a few. Are there many women appraisers in your area? The reason I ask is because I know this sounds so funny but it's true. Every time my husband or our neighbor would do appraisals wherever, the woman of the house was always the one home and they'd always try to be all nice and sweet to them thinking if they were they'd appraise higher Funny story, my hubby was doing one appraisal and the woman was the only one home. He did all his measuring and stuff downstairs, went upstairs to do the bedrooms and she left a pair of thong underwear right smack in the middle of her floor . Now cooincidental??? Who knows but don't when you have an appraiser coming over you pretty much clean your whole house? I know, I know, I bet you've seen some really messy ones which always cracked me up when he'd tell me he'd appraise a messy house. I bet you have some good stories to tell too. I'd love to hear them.

Hubby is currently on his way home from a hunting trip in the mountains. Of course it snowed here last night so I had the neighbors helping me shovel. Second time this happened when he was away hunting. I feel like the helpless woman on the block who mind you, has a snow blower in the garage which is two times the size of me so I'm not about to use it!

Well it's great chatting with ya. We'll have to email each other so not to take up board space here.

Talk to you later.

Lisa

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wholly Crap only $900 Michelle??? new
      #229195 - 12/04/05 11:40 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey, Lisa!

Yea, see if you can send me a test email at merchantg@comcast.net. If I get it I will email ya back. If I don't get it, I will respond to your post here. I take up alot of room!!! LOL!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Cat person, for sure new
      #229468 - 12/05/05 03:48 PM
JonnaP

Reged: 11/03/05
Loc: Kentucky

Quote:

Dogs are awesome, don't get me wrong. I love all animals; I adore my non-feline pets. But I am definitely a cat person. We have an understanding, which is probably the best way I can put it without sounding too much like a lunatic.

Well, ok, I probably still sound like a lunatic. Just call me the crazy cat lady!

I know exactly what you mean. And we can share the crazy cat lady hat.

--------------------
Jonna, IBS-D

neither- a sugar glider person... new
      #229633 - 12/06/05 10:41 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

sorry- need to upload pics soon so I can share some newer ones with you all... all 4 of our babies are just adorable!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Gotta be dogs. Cats hate me. Love dogs! -nt- new
      #229650 - 12/06/05 11:51 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Definitely a dog person! Cats give me the creeps, plus I'm highly allergic to them.--nt-- new
      #229807 - 12/07/05 06:20 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Are you a dog person? Cat person? Both or none of the above?~nt~ new
      #229814 - 12/07/05 06:40 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Definitely both a cat persona nd a dog person. Although some dogs to me, are disgusting. Say like a pug or a pit bull. I am nto event hat big of a fan of my parent's dog which is a dachsund.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1947

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review