All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bloat
      #226250 - 11/19/05 03:23 PM
Vmae

Reged: 10/15/05

Does anyone have any help for bloating? It doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat. I'm miserable. By evening I have a lot of trapped gas that makes me so miserable. I can't release the gas. I take Phayzme and the like, but it doesn't seem to help. Help?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bloat new
      #226253 - 11/19/05 03:29 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

Fennel,peperment,and camomile tea helprd me relax and take gas away when i was bloated.(don't let it get to ya!)

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

#226255 - 11/19/05 03:38 PM
Vmae

Thank you Honey mix. I drink fennel tea regularly. I can't take anything with peppermint in it because I have a reflux condition. The fennel doesn't seem to help much. Any other suggestions?

Re: Activated Charcoal! new
      #226257 - 11/19/05 03:40 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I was experiencing this exact same problem for a month and I just started taking activated charcoal tablets with my starchy meals (b/c they give me the worst gas). I still get bloated and gassy a little bit, but not as bad....It's tolerable. I know how it is to be sooo full of gas and not being able to release it. It's soooo miserable!!! I also drink fennel tea, all day, now and even if I can't release the gas right then, it will come out the next morning as soon as I wake up. (To Much Info, I know)!!
Hope this helps!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#226262 - 11/19/05 04:13 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Sorry and I know exactly how you feel. I am bloated right now, too, but fortunately Phazyme does help me.

I wish I could be more like my husband.....he doesn't know what trapped gas is.....his all comes out. I always tell him, "Gee, I wish I could do that cause I would feel so much better".

Something that helps me sometimes, and this may sound weird, but squat down and the pressure might help get the gas moving.... if you know what I mean.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#226269 - 11/19/05 05:18 PM
Vmae

Barbie..Thank you for your reply. I have tried just what you said.. squatting down. Isn't it amazing that men just "let it go"? I'm so envious.

Re: Activated Charcoal! new
      #226271 - 11/19/05 05:22 PM
Vmae

anlikerm.. Thank you for your reply. I have taken charcoal tabs in the past, but I think they make my constipation worse. It has taken me at least 2 months to get this Tummy Fiber to work and just the slightest variation in my routine can mess that up. Thanks again..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1241

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review