All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Still hot/humid in Mt's new
      #225949 - 11/18/05 07:20 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I lived in Lynchburg for YEARS - it's beautiful but the mountains really don't do a thing for the humiditiy, it's still there, and unless you're on TOP of a mountain on a nice breezy day.. it's still hot as heck in the midst of summer. Just a fact in the southeast!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: About Virginia new
      #225951 - 11/18/05 07:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

My parents live in fairfax county VA, and it is quite expensive (as mindyj said), and continues to go up. In fact, the Brownstone they bought 4 years ago has raised in value by 200,000 dollars in only 4 short years. HOwever, they live really close to DC, which is probably why it is so expensive.

Other areas of the state are much cheaper. My brother lives in Blacksburg Va (over in the mountains where its less hot and humid, and they were able to buy a 4 bedroom condo for 100,000 dollars). (Here is boston you couldn't buy a 1/2 a bedroom condo for that much). oh and they've definitly got the accents in blacksburg hahah

Also, VA beach is really affordable as well. My parents were looking for a summer house, and are considering there. Although its not extremely cheap, its cheap considering its beachfront property compared to many other places like that. We looked at a beachfront property with three bedrooms for about 300,000. (of course the best time to buy a house on/or near the beach is in the winter, bc the prices decrease dramatically).

Richmond is gorgeous and artsy and a really fun place. I don't think that roanoke is quite as fun, but you could still check it out.

--------------------

Re: New Zealand!!! That is soooo cool!! I'm jealous! -nt- new
      #225955 - 11/18/05 07:31 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Hey Steather!!! new
      #225960 - 11/18/05 07:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there!

It's so super to hear from you! *hugs*

That's a big part of why Denver is so big on ourlist! It has a great well-established community and dry air But we don't want to miss any part of the country hence this post...

How are you doing these days?? I cannot tell you how nice it is to see you posting! I sent you an e-mail ages ago...I hope you got it! Sending you tons of love and happy days

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Mosquitoes new
      #225961 - 11/18/05 07:43 AM
Snow for Sarala

Well, my poor hubby gets bit in ARIZONA....so I cannot imagone what would happen to him in VA!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Scructure new
      #225962 - 11/18/05 07:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

I know what you mean. I wish my life were more structured. I've read it's helpful for women with bipolar to have structure....I work on creating it for myself but it's not easy to follow up on this! Esp. when I'm rapid cycling the way I have been these past few weeks

What was the structure like/ What was a typical day? Maybe you can somehow find a structure based on the structure you used to have (I know it's not the same when you don't HAVE to do it though, right?) Perhaps you could report in to me COMMANDER RUCHIE ...or to the fitness boards?

At least you recognize you miss it *hugs*

I'm not so sure everything would go away! People tell me haing kids would make all my probs go away...don't think so!

hmmm..i'm the one rambling now me thinks....

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Where to move, which place to go (EDITED!!) new
      #225964 - 11/18/05 07:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Well...there's supposed to be a fabulous Jewish Community in Australia (would have to find out what parts!) What I need to know is:

Are there architect positions available for high-end residential? What are the cultural differences? It might be something to consider! Are there work visas involved?? Hmmmm....we completely forgot AUSTRALIA!!!

Thanks Emma...let me know more *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hey Steather!!! new
      #225965 - 11/18/05 08:00 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi Ruchie!!! Thanks for thinking of me, you're such a sweetheart. It's been a long recovery here in AZ, but I'm starting to feel like my old self Like you, though, I get so bogged by emails, so sometimes it takes a while to respond...

I would highly recommend Denver to you! Personally, CO and AZ are the top two places to live on my list...I lived in Boulder, CO for a summer, and am thinking about transferring there for school in a year or two (after I finish my bit in Raleigh). Like you said, it's dry, it's more temperate than most cold-weather places (they still get snow though, which I'm not too fond of), and it's got the ammenities of most big cities. Plus my best friend EVER lives in Superior (a suburb outside of Denver), so that's a huge factor. I went and visited him there in August, and kept kicking myself for not going to school there in the first place!

Plus, the mountains in CO are simply gorgeous. You can't beat the Rocky landscape...

Haha, your husband must be like me. I git eaten alive by mosquitoes too! Even in Phoenix, where there are NO mosquitoes...they somehow track me down!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

The desert is magical, in its own way... new
      #225967 - 11/18/05 08:12 AM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hi Michelle! Wow, it's SO good to hear that I'm not making any of this up! Everyone (my family, professors, friends) thinks that it's not possible to go from being COMPLETELY debilitated in NC, to walking around and enjoying life again in AZ!! I still have my fibro flare-ups (mostly stress related now though), but I can walk and drive and type again! It's crazy! I didn't realize what an impact the environment would have on me, since I've lived in the desert all my life... I guess I was lucky, or else I would have been in alot more pain than I already was for most of my life!!

Two thumbs up for the desert!

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: where would you move to Bamagrl? new
      #225975 - 11/18/05 08:42 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I've never actually LIVED in the Carolinas, but from when I've been there in the summer - awsome fourth of July concert up in the mountains! - it's still pretty humid. Just not quite as hot as AL or GA.

Me, I guess my family will stay in AL now that we're here. But oh, I do love the Blue Ridge Mountains!!! Ahhhhh!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30086

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review