All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
where would you move to Bamagrl? new
      #225754 - 11/17/05 01:51 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Did you like Raleigh or Charlotte better than the other states you mentioned? Is the humidity less?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Do you know anything about Roanoke? new
      #225755 - 11/17/05 01:54 PM
Augie

Have you ever been to that part of Virginia?

Quote:

Viginia gets hot and humid summers, and cold winters with ice and snow.

Is this true for Roanoke too?

Do you think you will back there once you are done with school?

--------------------
~ Beth

Are you going to stay in Boston after you graduate?-nt new
      #225756 - 11/17/05 01:58 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Are you going to stay in Boston after you graduate new
      #225759 - 11/17/05 02:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

To be honest I have no idea!

I have to decide that now because I need to start looking for an internship!

It is totally dependent on many things. I was thinking about looking into philly, and/or the chapel hill north carolina area. Although, my friends and potential relationship are here which makes me less likely to want to move away.

I'm definitly trying to figure it out!

--------------------

I have cousins in Roanoke, Beth... new
      #225760 - 11/17/05 02:06 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So if you want info. let me know

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: So are you moving back to NC? new
      #225762 - 11/17/05 02:15 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I lived in Biscoe. I never remember Biscoe being this humid (like Atlanta). I was hardly ever sick and our weather is awesome. All the cities around us get the bad weather. We're in a valley, so we hardly ever get bad weather.

But, unfortunately, we're moving to Oxford, NC. It is further north, which is good because we should get the cooler weather. It's really close to Virginia. I have never been there before but I used to drive by it all the time when I was going back and forth from my parent's house to Norfolk, VA where I was stationed in the Navy. So, we'll see.

I have to get out of here. I got sick one month after moving down here and my husband got sick for 3 weeks as soon as he moved down here, too. They call it the Georgia "funk". I don't know what it is, but I have not gotten over it YET, and we've been here two years!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: How's your IBS, Ashley?? Are you stable, now?? -nt- new
      #225764 - 11/17/05 02:16 PM
anlikerm

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Where to move, which place to go (EDITED!!) new
      #225765 - 11/17/05 02:23 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Hey Ruchie,

I just wanted to mention that you might want to stay away from very humid places, depending on how your fibro reacts! I was forced to leave Raleigh (NC) on account of my fibro getting WAY out of control there. The humidity was horrendous, I was laid up for weeks at a time, and the RAIN! Oh my goodness! (Remember, I'm from dry AZ)... Everytime it would rain, I could barely get out of bed. This all affected my mood too, of course. Since moving back to AZ, I've FELT so much better. My allergies aren't wreaking as much havoc either.

So take into account your health!!!

**Hugs**

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Re: I have cousins in Roanoke, Beth... new
      #225766 - 11/17/05 02:24 PM
anlikerm

I didn't like Virginia. It was REALLY REALLY humid....I lived in Norfolk, on the ship. The mosquitoes were HORRIBLE!!! Every time we would go out at 5:00am and run our 5 miles, the mosquitoes were already out biting!! OH, it was horrible. I couldn't sit outside at all during the summer. I don't EVER remember sitting outside in the 3 years that I was stationed there. I will never forget that humidity and the MOSQUITOES!! I cannot stand those little blood-sucking things! They would eat right through my bug repellant. I hope Oxford, NC isn't going to be like that. Wilmington, NC wasn't like that. The winds were always REALLY strong there and blew away most of the bugs!! yooohooo!!! I don't like bugs.......

The only problem with that was I could never carry an umbrella without the wind taking it from me and my hair was always in my face. Even on the UNCW campus. The wind was horrible. Especially in the winter. I would freeze to death and almost blow away as I would be walking to my classes. Okay, I'm done rambling now.....thanks for reading!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: My husband is from New Mexico...... new
      #225767 - 11/17/05 02:31 PM
anlikerm

And I went over there with him, finally, last July and I did not have one attack over there!!! It was amazing. His mom and dad have been out there forever because his mom has Lupus and she cannot live on the east coast or she will be debilitated, literally. She came over last September for a month long visit and got pretty sick by the time she left. As soon as she got away from the east coast weather and back into the desert, she was fine! Isn't that amazing!??? My husband actually talked to me about moving out there if my health would turn around for the better like it did last year. I felt wonderful over there!
I'm glad it is working for you, too!! My grandfather had ulcerative colitis and he moved to Arizona and he never had a problem with it ever again until he moved over here to NC to be closer to us. He had one more spell before he passed away of a heart attack, but he was so stable he was able to get over it pretty quickly. The desert sure does seem to have amazing affects on the human body, doesn't it????
Best Wishes!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1554 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30086

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review