All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: You didn't like Miami?? new
      #225692 - 11/17/05 10:32 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I lived in Miami for a couple of years, before IBS, and I absolutely loved it. The heat and humidity sucked pretty bad, but I had a lot of fun down there. I don't think my health could handle that humidity, now, though.

I lived in Coconut Grove and the road that connects Brickell key and Key Biscayne. I cannot remembe what the name of that street was. 21st?? I don't remember, but it was beautiful!!

Michelle

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

But you live in Georgia? new
      #225693 - 11/17/05 10:34 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Why did you move from NC to Georgia?

Don't the humid summers just wreak havoc on your IBS? It's so hard on the tummies, according to Heather's books.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Well, more on selling Charlotte new
      #225694 - 11/17/05 10:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

WOW!!!!!! Yeehaw!

Did I ever mention I was born in Atlanta..lived there just a few months of my life...but I seem to have this strange connection to the South. Trut is I'm just torn...half of me is Souther and the other half od me Northern LOL no wonder I can't seem to "settle down"

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: CHARLOTTE CHARLOTTE CHARLOTTE!!!!!!! new
      #225715 - 11/17/05 11:52 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I'm from AL, but having grown up in GA, lived in OK and visited extensively in TN and NC, I'd say you might look into Charlotte. My in-laws recently moved to Raleigh, and they have the moderate temps, but then have snow in the winter. That might just be your perfect blend of accent, weather, hospitality ect... I envy you having the freedom to choose like that! I hope we get to move eventually!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: But you live in Georgia? new
      #225716 - 11/17/05 11:54 AM
anlikerm

Oh, my husband got out of the navy 1 year before I did and he found a job down here and moved. We were apart for 4 months until I got out and then I moved down here....both times that I have gotten sick was in the middle of the summer. I do believe the heat and humidity is really what sets me off, down here. I'm sure there are other factors like stress and stuff, but the heat makes me really nauseous and then I panic and have IBS Attacks and it goes downhill from there!!
It sucks!!
I'm ready to move!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: CHARLOTTE CHARLOTTE CHARLOTTE!!!!!!! new
      #225718 - 11/17/05 11:58 AM
anlikerm

I worked in Raleigh for a year and lived in Wilmington. That 2 hour drive got old after a year and I quit that job and moved to Miami!! I didn't really like Raleigh all that much. For 1, I hate that inner belt, outer belt thing. But, there are sooooo many places to shop!!!! That was the one good thing that I did like about it. I think I was spoiled living in Wilmington and having Wrightsville Beach at my back door (literally, I lived one street back from the sand)! It was awesome!!! OH, those were my college days........

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Where to move, which place to go (EDITED!!) new
      #225732 - 11/17/05 12:41 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Ruchie!
My thoughts:
VA is nice but where I live (northern VA) cost of living is WAY too high. I went to highschool in southern VA and it is better. My husband and I love VA Beach and we've considered moving there sometime. I also have Jewish freinds there, and I know there's a good community in that area. It does get humid sometimes - but close to the water it is always a bit better.

Other spots I've lived:

Missiissippi: VERY hot and humid, no snow, but hurricanes. Very hospitable, but I don't know about a Jewish community there - it's kind of WASPY. (no offense to anyone who lives there)!

England - cold and wet - fun - but cold and wet.

Colorado Springs - LOTS of snow in winter, but weather is nice in the summer and it's consistently dry. Nice people, but I did miss the Southern hospitality!

Pennsylvania - The weather gets cold and snowy in the winter, but not as humid as VA in the summer. I have not yet found a city in PA that I consider a nice city (although I've never been to Pittsburg - Philadelphia is not clean and not very safe, the same with Reading, closer to where my parents now live)

San Francisco is great if you want a place that is ALWAYS around 50 to 80 degrees, rarely lower, rarely higher. Good food, nice cultural atmosphere and freindly people - but there are some parts of the city that arn't that safe.

Good luck Ruchie and anyone else who's looking!

Min

a few thoughts... new
      #225743 - 11/17/05 01:09 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I Love this area.. but I don't think it will meet your needs completely.. though your hubby would find work.. the summer gets hot and we get a lot of snow.. I don't know if he could find work in Cleveland, but that has another sizeable jewish community and good weather...

Mom and dad love Atlanta but it may be too Humid for you... though there is a lot of Jewish Community and if I routed you to my folks mom would love to help you all get settled in with the community. I am sure from the amount of new building going ont here you'd have no problem finding work..

Another option, but not sure of the Jewish Community stuff would be somewhere Desert- Like Phoenix. Bill still talks about wanting to move back out there since the arrid air was so good on his asthma.

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Ruchie new
      #225748 - 11/17/05 01:28 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Yes, there is a big Jewish community here. My former next door neighbors are Jewish, and they are very active in their temple. She works in the gift shop there, their son just went to Israel with the youth group, and I know the temple has a fantastic brand new recreation center.

I can direct you to information on that, if you are interested.

And thanks for your sweet comments on the pic.

So are you moving back to NC? new
      #225751 - 11/17/05 01:45 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Is the humidity lower their? What city would you move to?

From what Michelle posted, it doesn't sound like Charlotte is any less hot or less humidity.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30087

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review